• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, I prefer the 3rd option which sadly hasn't been around sincle the Comolli days -do your homework throughout the season and sign your quality targets early into the window - hell, even before (Moric)!. Whereas you appear to be insinuating it is not possible to sign good players early and one needs to wait for deadline day which imv is utter nonsense.

You can sign good players at the beginning of the window - something which your 2 options exclude for one reason or another

Of course getting the quality player in for a reasonable fee early in the window is the better option. One of the reasons I'm happy we have AVB instead of Redknapp as he seems to be more in the homework throughout the season camp than Redknapp did.

I'm not insinuating that it's not possible. The part where you describe it as utter nonsense should be the give-away, I'm not a complete idiot so I'm probably not insinuating something idiotic.

I think Vertonghen was one of those deals. But those deals won't always be available, especially considering the level of player we want/expect. So my question is for when those deals aren't available and the wanted list given from the manager to the chairman doesn't include any of those deals.

Of course getting the quality player in for a reasonable fee early in the window is the better option. One of the reasons I'm happy we have AVB instead of Redknapp as he seems to be more in the homework throughout the season camp than Redknapp did.

I'm not insinuating that it's not possible. The part where you describe it as utter nonsense should be the give-away, I'm not a complete idiot so I'm probably not insinuating something idiotic.

I think Vertonghen was one of those deals. But those deals won't always be available, especially considering the level of player we want/expect. So my question is for when those deals aren't available and the wanted list given from the manager to the chairman doesn't include any of those deals.

I simply feel if you structured you 'scenario' as to allow for a 3rd option (above) - the answers would have been considerably different. In fact - Levy's known about our striker concerns for years now so I would have imagined the targets would have been idenitified last season and simply 'formalised' during the window (Vertonghen?). Seemingly (yet again) this hasn't happened and we are relying on Ade to take a cut next week or something along those lines.

I'm starting to get worried very worried !

We are not being linked with any strikers......WTF is going on ??

AVB reportedly said that he expected something to happen in the next couple of days or in the next week, talking about a striker.

If you prefer ITK news, JJetset said something similar and that it would be exciting news (paraphrasing).

I simply feel if you structured you 'scenario' as to allow for a 3rd option (above) - the answers would have been considerably different. In fact - Levy's known about our striker concerns for years now so I would have imagined the targets would have been idenitified last season and simply 'formalised' during the window (Vertonghen?). Seemingly (yet again) this hasn't happened and we are relying on Ade to take a cut next week or something along those lines.

Do you think there are many of those deals out there waiting to happen? Strikers that are as good, or close to as good, as Ade?

Yes, I think there are / were

I can list names for argument's sake if needed

That would be interesting, in the "are" category of course, not "were" unless you also posted about them at the time.

Everyone can now say that Chicharito was a great deal for £5-6m, but just about everyone seem to also ignore that Ferguson spent another £12m or thereabouts on other young strikers at around that time (within a year) that completely flopped.

Adrian - not a striker
Negredo - not as good as Ade
Llorente - 27, we can't afford to pay £25m+ for someone of that age
Kiesslng - not as good as Ade
Milevskiy - not seen him
KJH - better finisher, worse player. pick'um
Sturridge - left footed Defoe
Dzeko (on loan) - unlikely
Doumbia - not seen enough to comment

You think all those players are close to as good as Ade or better? And that they would all be available for a reasonable fee and with reasonable wages?

Adrian - not a striker
Negredo - not as good as Ade
Llorente - 27, we can't afford to pay £25m+ for someone of that age
Kiesslng - not as good as Ade
Milevskiy - not seen him
KJH - better finisher, worse player. pick'um
Sturridge - left footed Defoe
Dzeko (on loan) - unlikely
Doumbia - not seen enough to comment
:ross:

Adrian
Negredo
Llorente
Kiesslng
Milevskiy
KJH
Sturridge
Dzeko (on loan)
Doumbia

Just a few

Do you really that think we have the money to afford even half of those?

I think a lot of people are vastly over-estimating the cash we have available. Absent any money from Modric (which is looking increasingly unlikely), am expecting us to spend a max of £10m - £15m, perhaps less. QUite possible that we sign Ade for £5m and then bring in someone else on loan or just have Ade, Defoe and Kane for next season

You think all those players are close to as good as Ade or better? And that they would all be available for a reasonable fee and with reasonable wages?

Some are better - some slightly less experienced but cheaper. Although anyone of them would improve our squad. Ade is good but not as great as often made out on her, imv and a wasteful finisher sometimes - he simply came in a time of utter desperation and stood out in a sea of brickness arond him.

Didn't someone mention Klasnic as a potential backup striker? Not necessarily this window.

Former Bolton and Croatia striker Ivan Klasnić in talks with Bundesliga side SpVgg Greuther Fürth on a potential move

Chelsea will step up their attempts to add to their squad this week and reinforcements in defence and attack may come ahead of the collision with Emirates Marketing Project in next Sunday's Community Shield.

While interest is retained in the right-sided Porto striker Hulk, any deal for the Brazilian has been complicated by the payment that would be due to his third-party owner, leaving Wigan's young forward Victor Moses a more likely arrival. The England Under-21 international, who has now committed to Nigeria, has already been the subject of bids from Chelsea this summer. While Wigan had hoped to secure around £10m for his services, a compromise deal nearer £8m is edging closer.

A proportion of that fee will be due to the player's former club, Crystal Palace, but the 21-year-old's arrival at Stamford Bridge will not deflect the European champions' long-term interest in either Hulk or the Germany forward André Schürrle, who would cost around £25m to prise from Bayer Leverkusen. Roberto di Matteo has been encouraged by the pre-season performances of Sam Hutchinson and Paulo Ferreira but a new right-back is also to be targeted following José Bosingwa's departure in the summer, with Marseille's Spanish defender César Azpilicueta a likely purchase.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/05/chelsea-reinforcements-community-shield

Back