• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyway Adrian Lopez would be a very good signing whose all around game has striking similarities to an in form Fernando Torres when he plays centrally. I'm pretty sure Atletico would sooner sell Falcao then let him go.

Bloody hell things are aggressive on here tonight. We're winning per season friendlies and we dot have a proper striker. Chelsea have a balanced 11 and are losing. Who sould be more worried :)

Chelsea.

But not because of pre-season, because they have RDM at the helm.

yes mate that's what it is.

btw when Adrian does get pushed out to the wing he usually plays on the left and Arda or Salvio play on the right but then again i might be watching a different Atletico.

I think you must be watching the game through a mirror then. Thanks for inferring that I'm basing my opinion off the youtube vid I posted by the way, it's pretty impressive that I managed to find a video titled "DIEGO GOAL ATLETICO MADRID VS UDINESE" by typing in Adrian.

You're getting more and more out of order. Do you have any idea how to have a civilized discussion, or are all your replies set on 160 decibels of pure anger? is it possible for you to discuss the transfer policy/gossip of this club without patronizing everyone who has the temerity to disagree with you AND blasting them with anger at the same time? Seriously geezer...

Twas ever thus with Sheikh, fella.

It's sad.

The funny thing is that he's so full of himself and forever trying to present himself as someone who knows about business. This, of course, allows him legitimately to ridicule Levy (who is clearly a hugely inferior businessman to the all knowing Sheikh).

I even saw recently that Sheikh claims once to have been an auditor. Yet, in a discussion between him, me and Intrepid (you might remember him from the old board - worked within Tavistock Group; proved his financial chops in many a thread), Sheikh mistakenly exposed himself as the charlatan that he is (not that there was ever much doubt about it) by failing utterly to understand what "turnover" is. Basic stuff!

So...........auditor? Business guru? I don't think so (at least, not one I'd like to let anywhere near my money!).

Last edited:
What's with the 'fella' brick I keep seeing. Is this word thrown in when you want to make a friendly comment like your a buddy ?

If so, could I throw in fella, and say something like. Fella, you're a tosser ? and not get a power trip mod waving his c0ck at me ?

Do you like having c0cks waved at you?

We've missed out on Salomon Rondon to Rubin Kazan.. ](*,) would have been the perfect second choice or backup striker imo. Very good in the air and wouldn't have cost more than 10 million..

JJetset in response to someone comparing Ade and L. Damiao:

Have you thought we could get both and that changes things significantly....

Told you the future is bright!!

It actually could get better than that and that is what I've been alluding to....

We've missed out on Salomon Rondon to Rubin Kazan.. ](*,) would have been the perfect second choice or backup striker imo. Very good in the air and wouldn't have cost more than 10 million..

But would he be happy to come here and be a backup and possibly earning less?

Thats the problem with a lot of people on here they expect us to sign decent players to sit on the bench and thats never going to happen.

JJetset in response to someone comparing Ade and L. Damiao:

Have you thought we could get both and that changes things significantly....

Told you the future is bright!!

It actually could get better than that and that is what I've been alluding to....

It COULD get better than that, of course it fudging well could..

These deluded imps (ITK's) live in a fantasy land composed of hypotheticals and are concerned only with covering their own arse's, if only for a few moments of attention.

I bet when the transfer window closes they go into a deep spiral of depression, because their twitter feeds go stone quiet due to their lack of any real friends or associates.

It's quite unbelievable that they are given any credence whatsoever, but alas, your average internet football fan is obviously a gullable, ignorant macaron.

Anyway Adrian Lopez would be a very good signing whose all around game has striking similarities to an in form Fernando Torres when he plays centrally. I'm pretty sure Atletico would sooner sell Falcao then let him go.

This - Adrian would be a massive player for them and they would mostly likely try and sign him up on a new deal and bump-up his release to 45-50m or there-abouts. If we stood half-a-chance it should be an absolute no-brainer - fantastic player who would thrive in a direct attacking side

Back