• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
akqayid @akqayid

Also as a note of best ItK about @jetsetyid pointed that lewandowski was our number one target back in June. The boy is DL I swear it!

I like what I have seen of Lewandowski, had tipped him to be a hit at the euros earlier int he summer.

Looks to me like a pretty one dimensional player, in that he has top finishing ability but is good for little else. Anyone else see him like that?

akqayid @akqayid

Also as a note of best ItK about @jetsetyid pointed that lewandowski was our number one target back in June. The boy is DL I swear it!

iirc it was a Portuguese journo close to AVB who revealed this first, and then JJetset jumped on it

akqayid @akqayid

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...wski-with-manchester-united-move-7844690.html

But the chief executive of the German champions has said that these claims are far from the truth.
In an interview with Sportinformationsdiest he said: “It does not matter if we are to receive bids.
"I have said for weeks that Robert will be back in training with our club after the Euro 2012 and his holiday leave. And this is what will happen.
"I am sick of these speculations. I really don't care what the rumours are in the media of Poland.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...wski-with-manchester-united-move-7844690.html

But the chief executive of the German champions has said that these claims are far from the truth.
In an interview with Sportinformationsdiest he said: “It does not matter if we are to receive bids.
"I have said for weeks that Robert will be back in training with our club after the Euro 2012 and his holiday leave. And this is what will happen.
"I am sick of these speculations. I really don't care what the rumours are in the media of Poland.”

c*cky runt

I guess this is about Ade:

akqayid @akqayid

I'm not in anyway saying its over. No way. But I there's a little more effort to push it over the line. And it's all city to do

Im guessing he just read Metalgears article.

IMO smacks of us showing we are prepared to walk away in order to force a deal

Konate scored again last night for Senegal...bit of potential there

Matt Spiro who writes for Ligue 1 seems to think we'll get Lloris.

and he seems to ignore that AVB has repeatedly said we dont need a keeper this window

maybe Spiro is due a cut of any transfer

and he seems to ignore that AVB has repeatedly said we dont need a keeper this window

maybe Spiro is due a cut of any transfer

who cares what AVB and other Managers say. Theyre not ones to actually say that they want x player

Im sure they want Messi but doesnt mean that theyre gonna say it

I like what I have seen of Lewandowski, had tipped him to be a hit at the euros earlier int he summer.

Looks to me like a pretty one dimensional player, in that he has top finishing ability but is good for little else. Anyone else see him like that?

i think he's going to be a hit in the EPL. he reminds me of modric in that he has no special skills or tricks, but just manage to do everything a striker does a bit better. he can head, shoot, place, can turn or turn on the pace, or slow down and look up to pass, and takes the ball past players with 1-2 touches.... just everything well. a player like that will do well in a team like ours where strikers are expect to receive the ball from all directions in the different ways.

who cares what AVB and other Managers say. Theyre not ones to actually say that they want x player

Im sure they want Messi but doesnt mean that theyre gonna say it

he admitted interest in Ade....he said we need a striker, and has mentioned Ade

when asked about keepers, he said he is satisfied with what he has

make of that what you will

Ade is hardly a secret

Anyway isnt Harry supposed to be back?

i think he's going to be a hit in the EPL. he reminds me of modric in that he has no special skills or tricks, but just manage to do everything a striker does a bit better. he can head, shoot, place, can turn or turn on the pace, or slow down and look up to pass, and takes the ball past players with 1-2 touches.... just everything well. a player like that will do well in a team like ours where strikers are expect to receive the ball from all directions in the different ways.

Looks that way to me. havent seen a great deal of him but seems to be one of those players that if you get him the ball in the box he will score

Ade is hardly a secret

Anyway isnt Harry supposed to be back?

ok, and even the Lyon chairman saying that all Tottenham have done is enquired about Lloris thru intermediary agents doesnt tell you that maybe we are nowhere near doing anything in this deal?

I wouldn't expect him to go public with anything regarding transfer. We all tend to frown when other managers do it.

anyway, we have 3 very good experienced keepers, but no fricking decent strikers!!!!!!!!!!(sorry JD, but i need to emphasise our need)

As a fellow poster I'm bored of the 'No striker for X windows' talk as it has been done so many times and it's the same every time as people aren't willing to change their views.

One could exactly the same about 80% of your twitter posts which are copy-pasted from SC, TFC or wherever - simply give us the link to their page and save having to read through 4 pages of twitter rumours about random clubs which have fudge all to do with Spurs most of the time - i.e. make it a 'choice' for those who give a brick

Potatoe - potato

This is the transfer rumour thread - which in turn often contains discusssions about our transfer policy and the transfer window as a whole - not sure how that derails the topic any more so than the latest twitter flimflam about Chievo Verona's latest loan 'potential' signing.

Let conversations evolve naturally - as soon as something significant (within Spurs' context) takes place - all discussions are automatically 're-alligned' within minutes. That is a fact and has worked for years

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect him to go public with anything regarding transfer. We all tend to frown when other managers do it.

but what would you do with Friedel, Cudicini and Gomes, all of whom are under contract and anyway no-one is interested in. You really think we are going into the new season with 4 top line keepers?

One could exactly the same about 80% of your twitter posts which are copy-pasted from SC, TFC or wherever - simply give us the link to their page and save having to read through 4 pages of twitter rumours about random clubs which have fudge all to do with Spurs most of the time - i.e. make it a 'choice' for those who give a brick

Potatoe - potato

This is the transfer rumour thread - which in turn often contains discusssions about our transfer policy and the transfer window as a whole - not sure how that derails the topic any more so than the latest twitter flimflam about Chievo Verona's latest loan 'potential' signing.

Let conversations evolve naturally - as soon as something significant (within Spurs' context) takes place - all disuccions are automatically 're-alligned' within minutes. That is a fact and has worked for years

good point actually, i dont want to know about Kenny Millers transfer to GHod knows where. Ruins my thread experience

Back