• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
or could it be that Levy and AVB have been alerted by Berba's claims that he is available for 5 mill, and he will definitely come cheaper wages wise than Adebayor

better financial deal signing Berba rather than Ade?? Levy loves to crunch the numbers!!

or could it be that Levy and AVB have been alerted by Berba's claims that he is available for 5 mill, and he will definitely come cheaper wages wise than Adebayor

better financial deal signing Berba rather than Ade?? Levy loves to crunch the numbers!!

Latest is a swap deal + cash with RVP

He wouldn't come home - for better or worse

Last edited:
Giroud will be there number one forward next season, with Podolski in and around him.....there is no place for Berba there, it will be from one bench to another, plus Wenger doesnt give long contracts to over 30 year olds

Dinamo Zagreb have confirmed they will get a cut of any fee Real Madrid pay Tottenham Hotspur for the transfer of Luka Modric. The situation had been covered by Croatian media earlier this month as they suggested their was a huge conflict of interest for Modric's agent.

Source: Sports Witness

The Croatian midfielder is represented by Mario Mamic and he just happens to be the son of Zdravko Mamic who is the president of Dinamo Zagreb. The cut, which is 5%, sounds low but it's only payable if the player moves outside of the Premier League and Croatian media had been saying that Modric's advisers had pushed a transfer to Real Madrid, and contacted PSG too, because of this.

False stories had been leaked to the press, such as Modric agreeing personal terms and interest from PSG, and the situation had irritated some in his own country who thought he was being used as a cash-cow by people awaiting their own kick-back from any potential deal.

The stories of a transfer fee being higher for Premier League clubs were viewed suspiciously too, given that the club would get more anyway because they wouldn't have to give anything to Dinamo Zagreb. Zdravko Mamic, who stands to receive the money, is quoted by Marca as saying "I am not concerned about Modric in the professional sense. Luka is like a son to me and a friend of mine. Of course, I want him to sign for Real, as Dinamo seriously benefit from the transfer. We receive 5% of the transfer."

It won't make much difference to Spurs, just a couple of million Euros, but it gives some background as to why his agents have been pushing for a move overseas.

I suppose the tone I set was a little tetchy.

My boiler blew last night. I'm not in the best of moods. :|

then its me that should apologize , the whole point of being polite is to understand that people have their own lives and landscape-views to cope with while communicating..
....i think8-[

Sorry - but I don't follow your logic at all

As it stands at the moment - our mighty strike-force consists of Jermain Defoe (30 soon and who is likely to move on), Harry Kane and that 17-year Ivorian kid

On the other hand - we have the following players who can (if need) be deployed our wide - Bale, Lennon, Bentley, Townsend, and to a lesser degree Pienaar, Sigurdsson, and VdV (hell, even Modric if he stays).

In addition to that - I strongly doubt he have a 60m + transfer budget war chest (which is what we would need for 2 good strikers and Cazorla) so I would sincerely hope we prioritise accordingly

Yes, we also need a striker or two.

That's two players that are actually currently good enough. Bale and Lennon. Then some "lesser degree options". No real rotation, depending on a starting 11 and few injuries, more or less waiting for the January dip in form. We need options, real options, not just decent squad players who can do a job if need be.

If that player is Cazorla or someone else I don't really mind. Maybe there are better, cheaper options available.

I think we might be able to sign two strikers for less than £40-45m. And if we sign two first team strikers I think we might also sell Defoe so I disagree with your estimate.

I cannot get my head around you lot comparing Cazorla and Lennon. :-k

IMO he's not even a winger, left midfielder yeah, right winger.. certainly not lol

IMO he's not even a winger, left midfielder yeah, right winger.. certainly not lol

The closest Spaniard to Lennon would be Navas but he'd never join us, let alone leave Sevilla - homesick they say

Yes, we also need a striker or two.

That's two players that are actually currently good enough. Bale and Lennon. Then some "lesser degree options". No real rotation, depending on a starting 11 and few injuries, more or less waiting for the January dip in form. We need options, real options, not just decent squad players who can do a job if need be.

I thought Sigurdsson is one of the those options we brought it (assuming you're referring to players who can cover number of positions in the middle including out wide). Other would be VdV and even Peanut if he stays

Last edited:

You don't think he can play as a right midfielder/winger?

I thought Sigurdsson is one of the those options we brought it (assuming you're referring to players who can cover number of positions in the middle including out wide). Other would be VdV and even Peanut if he stays

I've never seen Sigurdsson play in a wide position. I imagine he could play in a Kranjcar like role on the left perhaps. Been at his best when playing just behind a striker or as the most attacking of a midfield trio imo. Maybe other people think he is versatile, I haven't claimed that he is.

Back