• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don't think so myself - Lennon has so much to offer and yet to learn at his age

Why spend precious budget on a position we don't necessarily need to strengthen when in reality our only striker is Harry Kane

no, i know we need striker first and foremost, but i was just responding to Carzola being a back up to Lennon

crazy imo. Imo Carzola is the better overall player. Lennon has potential, but he really needs a few big seasons to step up a level in terms of consistency

no, i know we need striker first and foremost, but i was just responding to Carzola being a back up to Lennon

crazy imo. Imo Carzola is the better overall player. Lennon has potential, but he really needs a few big seasons to step up a level in terms of consistency

Hmmm tbh he would be able to cover Lennon, Bale's and Sigurddsons positions so that's a good thing. Carzola as a RWF behind the lone striker? hmmm yep it probably could work. Thing is i was kinda getting excited when it looked like we were targetting young players (well 25 and under). Bar Ade i don't really want us signing another 27 plus player really.

Not really seen anything in Carzola that makes me think he could come here and be a starter, not at all. Lennon is one of our most important players.

Poland striker Robert Lewandowski has put Manchester United on red alert after admitting he dreams of playing in the Premier League.

The Borussia Dortmund striker established himself as one of the hottest properties in Europe after firing his club to a league and cup double last season.

The 23-year-old, who scored 30 goals in all competitions, is rated highly by United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

And Ferguson could be tempted to reunite the Polish striker with former Dortmund team-mate Shinji Kagawa, who moved to Old Trafford from the Bundesliga side earlier this summer, after Lewandowski revealed his Premier League dream.

'This (the Premier League) is a league that I would like to play in, and I hope it happens sometime. Although I am happy at Dortmund I always like to aspire to greater heights,' Lewandowski said to Polish television station TVP.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-wants-Premier-League-move.html#ixzz213MlV0Dv

good boy Robert, alert AVB and Danny boy.......This deal is so waiting to happen imo. Greedy agent, Spurs are one of the biggest agent payers, 2 years left on Dortmund contract, they wont want to keep players going into last 2 years of contract, come on get it done!!

Not really seen anything in Carzola that makes me think he could come here and be a starter, not at all. Lennon is one of our most important players.

true .... but mostly because we don't have suitable options in his position for the longest time.

The perma-injured Pato...

Get him and Ganso, we'd have the duck and goose. A little Portuguese joke for ya's.

You seriously wouldn't take Pato?

Seriously?

The question is not whether we would get him or not....imagine if we could. You wouldn't take him?

Seriously?

Mate a fit Carzola is good enough to start for Real madrid let alone us (which btw he rejected a move there even after Villareal accepted the bid). On his day he's incredible.

He's playing at the Olympics isn't he?

I suppose you're right.

I mean, how foolish would we have looked if we had took a punt on Demba Ba...:rolleyes:

I suppose you're right.

I mean, how foolish would we have looked if we had took a punt on Demba Ba...:rolleyes:

We could have looked extremely foolish. It's not like because he was successful at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he would have had the same success with us.. :rolleyes:

I suppose you're right.

yes of course, an example of one that worked out equals risking millions of pounds, huge amounts, on an injury prone. The logic is sound

We could have looked extremely foolish. It's not like because he was successful at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he would have had the same success with us.. :rolleyes:

So you're supporting my argument??

It's not like because Pato has had previous injuries that he WON'T be a success with us.

So we're both saying the same thing. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES.

You cannot guarantee he would be injured all the time much like I can't guarantee he wouldn't.

Jesus christ.

You guys really don't like Pato eh?

Why Brazil took him to the Olympics I'll never know.

I was basically inferring I would prefer him to Hulk anyway.

true .... but mostly because we don't have suitable options in his position for the longest time.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

If Cazorla is better than Lnnon or not isn't the real issue, although I think he is (anyone see Lennon getting into the Spanish Euro squad???)

We really need some options on the flanks, Cazorla can play on either flank, behind a striker and in a central trio in midfield. Would be a great signing if we could get him.

Back