• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AVB says there won't be major changes in the squad this transfer window - only a few additions here and there

It better be a few strikers, Andre

something for Arc.......

Fernando Llorente targeted by Emirates Marketing Project after contract dispute

Emirates Marketing Project have been alerted to the availability of Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente after he failed to agree a new contract the club.

The six-foot-five-inch powerhouse is considered one of the best marksmen in Europe, having scored 90 goals in 236 matches during a seven-year spell at Bilbao.

A member of the Spain squad that won the last two European Championships and the World Cup, Llorente has grown frustrated at club level after three runners-up medals, in the Spanish Cup, Super Cup and Europa League.

The La Liga outfit are a team on the up, however, having beaten Manchester United en route to the Europa League final last term, and are now hopeful of signing up their best players to long-term contracts.

A deal for Llorente, whose current contract expires next summer, has proved difficult after he rejected their three-year extension which included a £20,000-a-week pay rise.

Llorente currently earns around £40,000-a-week, and while the club's new package would see him take home £60,000-a-week he has told Bilbao to aim closer to £80,000.

The news has opened the door for a move to Emirates Marketing Project, who are on the lookout for a new striker this summer, and consider Llorente and Arsenal captain Robin van Persie as their top targets.

Bilbao are unlikely to do business without a fight, but an offer of around £17million should be enough to prise the 27-year-old away from the Basque country.

City manager Roberto Mancini will clear space for the arrival of a new striker by selling Emmanuel Adebayor and sending teenager John Guidetti out on loan.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...ted-by-manchester-city-after-contract-dispute

if those figures are true, then he is well affordable for Spurs

6ef3f7a580787544f09cf16350466d5e_view.jpg

Why is he wearing one of those Halloween Michael Myers masks?

fudging hell - we should be in there. He'll be part of a rotation system at best at City - why sacrifice a good career

I hope Daniel is keeping tabs on him via his tablet

Last edited:
maybe the Ade deal has gone quiet because Danny boy has been distracted by these Llorente figures :)

Castaignos close to joining FC Twente for 7mill euros....disappointing, a young striker with potential that could have been useful at Spurs

Graeme Bailey ‏@SkyGraemeBailey
Spanish daily AS claim Spurs are considering a move for Malaga's Santi Cazorla as a replacement for Luka Modric

After things were looking so good regarding transfers i have started to become a little downhearted now :cry:

After things were looking so good regarding transfers i have started to become a little downhearted now :cry:

AVB plans market return

Spurs boss will make his move when the time is right

Last Updated: July 18, 2012 10:37pm

The new Tottenham boss made a winning start to his White Hart Lane tenure on Wednesday as Spurs saw off Stevenage 2-0 at Broadhall Way.

New signing Gylfi Sigurdsson broke the deadlock, while Jan Vertonghen put in a composed performance at the heart of the back four.

They are the only summer additions to the Spurs squad Villas-Boas inherited from Harry Redknapp.

The Portuguese tactician says there is unlikely to be further movement any time soon, as he continues to find his feet in north London, but concedes that more fresh faces will be required - with it possible that players will be moved out in order to free up space.

Market

Villas-Boas told Sky Sports News HD: "We have started assessing the squad. We have got a big squad.

"We have had a lot of interest in our players, but I think it is the time to make the right decisions and we use these games to make those decisions.

"I think the team is going in the right direction, but we want to make it stronger. Eventually we will go to the market when we think it is appropriate.

"There will not be a lot of changes, but steadily we will bring in players."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7912722/AVB-plans-market-return

Carzorla is a good player but I honestly don't think he'd be an upgrade on Lennon or Bale, certainly a good back up though.

Apparently break down in wages is stopping the Ade deal atm

I think what we're seeing here is AVB making absolutely sure he gets EXACTLY what he can with what he has, and as such, every purchase is carefully deliberated. He likes a "team" spirit and he likes to know his sides can work under the "team" banner and don't mind sometimes sacrificing themselves for a greater "team" good with regards to tactical deployment...I personally love Ade, and personally think he's a great striker for us BUT I have to wonder if AVB is fully weighing up ALL his potential options before pressing the green light on him...what if we really ARE in for someone like Falcao? We will need to make sure we can afford him and a.n.other...I personally trust him. I think he knows very very clearly what he wants within the budget he's got.

Carzorla is a good player but I honestly don't think he'd be an upgrade on Lennon or Bale, certainly a good back up though.

Not buying that mate, I think that everything is sitting and waiting for managerial approval...

Not buying that mate, I think that everything is sitting and waiting for managerial approval...

who knows, maybe a couple of new striking options are available and AVB would like to explore them and if nothing happens then he can always go with the Ade deal

possible

Carzola is a big upgrade on Lennon....consistency and creativity

Carzola is a big upgrade on Lennon....consistency and creativity

I really don't think so myself - Lennon has so much to offer and yet to learn at his age

Why spend precious budget on a position we don't necessarily need to strengthen when in reality our only striker is Harry Kane

Interesting. So you think that negotiations for Ade continued regardless of whether or not the new manager was interested? Is that just opinion or have you heard something?

Back