• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Modric has said he only wants to play for Real Madrid

Good news for us, More chance of him staying now if Madrid don't match Levy's offer.

Levy won't sell Modric to Chelsea.
He would not sell even them a can of baked beans that was just out of date.
He would not sell them anyone or anything remotely useful to them.

They are huge rivals of ours, after the whole Campbell affair I think he will do all he can to prevent that again. I would bet he would sell to Madrid, Milan or even City for less than Chelski or Arsenal.

oh my days!! hahha. i realise the majority of this board hate redknapp (why ill never know) but fudge me, a more ludicrous statement i don't think ive read.

Not Redknapp hate, just acknowledgement that McCarthy is a decent manager at PL level as is Harry. A decent manager and man motivator, nothing more.

Levy won't sell Modric to Chelsea.
He would not sell even them a can of baked beans that was just out of date.
He would not sell them anyone or anything remotely useful to them.

They are huge rivals of ours, after the whole Campbell affair I think he will do all he can to prevent that again. I would bet he would sell to Madrid, Milan or even City for less than Chelski or Arsenal.

I agree totally with the sentiments of not selling Modric to anyone in England BUT if Man bricky et al offered 50m but Real offered 30m - would you expect Levy to decline 20m extra? Hell would you decline the 20m? 20m? That could be spent on like a top quality striker or for other areas of the squad?

I agree totally with the sentiments of not selling Modric to anyone in England BUT if Man bricky et al offered 50m but Real offered 30m - would you expect Levy to decline 20m extra? Hell would you decline the 20m? 20m? That could be spent on like a top quality striker or for other areas of the squad?

I'll take Sturridge and 40m. :p

From @Agent_YDK

AxToDzFCIAAORpR.jpg:med

AxR-0EeCEAA1GYk.jpg:med

Last edited:
Bayer Leverkusen have turned down an offer from Chelsea for 21-year-old striker Andre Schurrle.
Full story: The Guardian
Alan Pardew insists he is doing everything he can to keep striker Demba Ba, 27, at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Spurs are said to be looking at Daniel Sturridge.
Full story: talkSPORT

Spurs are considering making a £5m bid for 22-year-old Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge.
Full story: Footy Latest

Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 21, admits he and his team-mates have no idea how the situation with striker Robin van Persie will pan out.
Full story: Daily Mail

Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup is trying to sign Bristol City's 24-year-old Ghanaian winger Albert Adomah, but it could cost around £3m to do so.
Full story: The Mirror

Roberto Mancini is very close to signing a new deal with Emirates Marketing Project, despite the Russian FA lining up a mega-money deal to poach him.
Full story: The Sun

Liverpool are understood to have had a bid rejected for 25-year-old Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero.

AC Milan are said to be considering a loan move rather than a permanent transfer for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, 23.
Full story: The Sun

Fiorentina have made a fresh bid for 28-year-old striker Marouane Chamakh, who looks set to leave Arsenal after two unsuccessful seasons.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez wants Chicago Fire's Guatemalan winger Marco Pappa, 24 to replace Chelsea target Victor Moses.

But Arsenal are said to be poised to make a move for Moses, 21 after uncertainty over the winger's future.
Full story: The Metro

Norwich are offering Canaries' striker James Vaughan, 23, to Birmingham to help land central defender Curtis Davies, 27.

OTHER GOSSIP

The Spurs squad are fully behind new manager Andre-Villas Boas, according to Danny Rose, 22.
Full story: talkSPORT

Roberto Mancini avoided a reception for the Emirates Marketing Project squad when they arrived at their Austrian base for pre-season training on Sunday as speculation grows over his future.

AND FINALLY...

Emirates Marketing Project striker Edin Dzeko joins Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie on the red carpet at a film festival in Sarajevo.
Full story: The Metro

Fourth Official @FourthOfficial_

West Ham are advancing in talks with Tottenham over signing William Gallas
Whilst Kieran Richardson is close to being confirmed as a West Ham player, fee of around £2.5million

I'll be surprised if we sell Gallas. He has everything a young squad like ours needs; experience, drive and an understanding of how to win effectively.

Plus he's been a completely loyal servant to the club for the past couple of years, hasn't caused any problems at all.

I'd put Willy G with Rafa as two of our most vocal, driven players. Why we'd sell him is a bit of a mystery, unless AVB wants him out.

so Chelsea are now linked to Oscar, and were linked to Lewandowski at the weekend...:-k

i very much doubt that they will sell us Sturridge. Just like we refused to sell Modric to them, they will dig their heels in over Sturridge and sell him to anyone but Spurs

Do you really subscribe to that sort of BS? And you do Friedel an injustice. He has been a great keeper, and was a very good keeper for us last season.

I do.
So did Keith Burkinshaw.
Without it we'd have won nothing in 81/82, despite playing some of the best football I've ever seen.
I agree with GB re: Gomes...

I'll be surprised if we sell Gallas. He has everything a young squad like ours needs; experience, drive and an understanding of how to win effectively.

Plus he's been a completely loyal servant to the club for the past couple of years, hasn't caused any problems at all.

I'd put Willy G with Rafa as two of our most vocal, driven players. Why we'd sell him is a bit of a mystery, unless AVB wants him out.

I think that Gallas has been excellent for us and given us experience and a winning mentality that we lacked but I'd be very worried about him playing in a team playing a high defensive line

I'm almost 100% certain that we will sign a new goalkeeper this summer. Not ITK or anything, but it just makes all kinds of sense that we will.

I think that the safest course of action would be to keep Freidel as first choice for one more season. If Ledley and Gallas leave this summer, we will lack leadership and experience at the back and a reliable keeper who organised his defence well would reduce the risk of it blowing up in our face.

Rory Smith @RorySmithTimes

On Moutinho: assured by several people I believe #mufc bid real. Others, such as the well-connected @DuncanCastles, disagree...

I think that the safest course of action would be to keep Freidel as first choice for one more season. If Ledley and Gallas leave this summer, we will lack leadership and experience at the back and a reliable keeper who organised his defence well would reduce the risk of it blowing up in our face.

It doesn't appear that we're taking the safe route with anything this summer.

I'm thinking that AVB will want someone who is better with the ball at his feet, it's quite important for his style of football. This is also the reason I'm guessing our goalkeeper won't be Gomes.

Rory Smith @RorySmithTimes

And, as far as I know, the #LFC interest in Gaston Ramirez disappeared with Comolli. He's this year's Juan Mata.
Stunned at the number of lifelong Ramirez fans on here. And at the number of experts on the reliability of the Uruguayan+British media.
It's like you do nothing but watch Bologna and read Ovacion. I'm impressed.

Back