• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gomes has the ability to be twice the keeper Friedel is. It's his head that is wrong.

Maybe AVB is the guy to send him to a sports psychologist or something 21st century like that. Redknapp's 'bit of banter' approach clearly didn't work on him.

Do you really subscribe to that sort of BS? And you do Friedel an injustice. He has been a great keeper, and was a very good keeper for us last season.

Gomes has the ability to be twice the keeper Friedel is. It's his head that is wrong.

Maybe AVB is the guy to send him to a sports psychologist or something 21st century like that. Redknapp's 'bit of banter' approach clearly didn't work on him.

His mental frailties don't count as a lack of ability?

Its not just 25m. lol Do you read whats actually put. Package nearer 35m.

I don't think he will either, but does that mean the offer wasn't put on the table.

So dissmissive.. you've been ruined by ITK

So Gio's worth £10m?

I wasn't intending to be rude, just that I think some need a reality check on who Tottenham can actually buy. I've seen every realistic linked signing on here being slagged off at one time or another ... Sig is nothing special, Vertonghen is slow, Lloris can't catch, Ade can't finish, who the fudge is Oscar etc etc.

So Gio's worth £10m?

I wasn't intending to be rude, just that I think some need a reality check on who Tottenham can actually buy. I've seen every realistic linked signing on here being slagged off at one time or another ... Sig is nothing special, Vertonghen is slow, Lloris can't catch, Ade can't finish, who the fudge is Oscar etc etc.

Levy accepted 12m last year from Udinese, maybe its only 5m I don't know, don't even know if its Dos Santos. Just said Mexican.

Might not even have come from Arsenal or Tottenham, could have been some chancer trying to make a deal.

I'm almost 100% certain that we will sign a new goalkeeper this summer. Not ITK or anything, but it just makes all kinds of sense that we will.

I hope so, but if we do it needs to be done soon.

I would hope so.

I can see the Ade deal waiting until the final day of the transfer window. They need to get him off their books, and we seem the only club that is interested, so it is likely Levy will try and squeeze every penny possible out of them. It would be unfortunate, but that's just how i think it would go.

(prove me wrong Levy!)

naturally the closest thing we've got to a sweeper keeper. old man friedel's too old to go running about

I love Gomes but there is no way he is "Sweeper Keeper". He just doesn't have the neccessary touch and kicking abilities to be sweeping up at all. I would not trust him outside his box with the ball at his feet for too long and I am not sure the rest of the team would either.

I think we are going to need a cool and calm sort of keeper long term to fill that sweeper description and I would want a Northern/Central European Keeper if im honest. A keeper with a distinct lack of maverick tendancies to my mind.

Back