• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That can't be true. If you couldn't shoot with the top of your foot you wouldn't be fit to start!

ironman4_thumb.jpg

Not necessarily, the full back is there to overlap as well. He would attacking from the right, not necessarily just running down the right...

And thats if the right attacker comes inside, if he doesnt then there is room centrally for a midfielder to make a run

from a Swansea forum. Its about about Siggy

Gylfi's father was on the radio here in Iceland this morning. He was mostly talking about Gylfi's career in general and didn't want to comment on any transfer rumours. However, he had three interesting things to say:

1. Gylfi will sign one thing or another beginning of next month (he said "beginning of next month, well, ..., next weekend").
2. Gylfi did not get permission from Hoffenheim to postpone his return to Hoffenheim. He is on loan to Swansea until July 1st and considers himself a Swansea employee until then.
3. Gylfi was injured all last season (including his spell at Swansea). This prevented him from shooting (except with his inside foot). He has recovered from his injury now.

So his shot into the ground that bounced into the corner against us was with his inside foot ?

Listen Dad, we know you will big up your kid, but dont talk total brick while doing it [-X

Tottenham have emerged as strong favourites to sign Hoffenheim's Iceland international Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The 22-year-old had looked set to join up with former boss Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool following a successful loan spell under him at Swansea last season.

But while Liverpool began negotiations over a deal, the midfielder is expected to move to White Hart Lane.

Spurs will pay around ?8m for the player, who is poised to undergo a medical in the next 24 hours.

The deal is unlikely to be confirmed until 1 July but barring a last-minute change of heart, Liverpool look likely to miss out on one of their principal transfer targets.

Gylfi wearing the new white Tottenham Under Armour training top......i swear 8-[

Gylfi-Thor-Sigurdsson.jpg

Tottenham have emerged as strong favourites to sign Hoffenheim's Iceland international Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The 22-year-old had looked set to join up with former boss Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool following a successful loan spell under him at Swansea last season.

But while Liverpool began negotiations over a deal, the midfielder is expected to move to White Hart Lane.

Spurs will pay around ?8m for the player, who is poised to undergo a medical in the next 24 hours.

The deal is unlikely to be confirmed until 1 July but barring a last-minute change of heart, Liverpool look likely to miss out on one of their principal transfer targets.

haha flimflame alert, he has already had his medical

Gylfi is a massive upgrade on Modric

Just get rid of Modric and put the money left over in Joe Lewis's bank account

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
the chase for #lfc is not over but they will need to make a bigger offer, they've been surprised by size of spurs offer. B.R will be angry.

@mosesbanner the contract offer mates. my #mole has told me the player has a much much better offer from #spurs. #lfc were certain.

@Musker_LFC its the contract offer mates not the bid, #lfc thought everything was in hand but spurs have blown them out of the #water.

That's what will happen, I can gurantee you it.
We will sell Modric and Gylfi will be his replacement.

I hope it's not true but I fear it will be, I still have nightmares over that Berba and Campbell deal.
It's great getting ?30mill but not when you buy a un-proven russian striker and a crap striker in Frazier Campbell.

i wonder if this is a big fcuk you from Daniel Levy to Brendan Rodgers ..........if the rumours are to believed(heck why not, its silly season and nothing else to talk about) Levy had targeted Rodgers as our next manager, talked extensively to him and Hugh Jenkins after the Tott-Swans game, and probably said hold on a while until Redknapp is shown the door. Rodgers probably said rightio, will do, but got impatient with all the waiting and once Liverpool came knocking and offering a deal, he decided to take it. This has sent Levy into a massive rage and vowing to one day make Rodgers wish he'd never been born

well that day seems to have arrived. Robbing Gylfi right from under the nose of Rodgers, blowing them out the water with our massive contract offer, is the first step of the LDR (Levy Destroys Rodgers) mission

oh and by the way Brendan, you come knocking at Levy's door asking for Caulker at your peril

Liverpool fan on Rawk....

I haven't really seen him play but this is terrible news and I am tempted to start supporting Tottenham.

:ross:

Back