• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Old Lawro earlier..."The Moutinho to Spurs deal is one that will not fall through"

About as accurate as most of his other predictions,the qunt.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Old Lawro earlier..."The Moutinho to Spurs deal is one that will not fall through"

About as accurate as most of his other predictions,the qunt.

So, technically if this transfer has indeed fallen through, it's lawro's fault?

Spurs News Desk ‏@SpursNewsDesk
DL and Co to leave the lodge shortly... Empty handed... #THFC

I can't believe that after all these months and months of waiting, of reading news report after news report, of adding apps to my phone and my iPad and constantly checking them on a minute to minute basis, after getting a new manager whose ideas seemed so fresh and innovative and in whom I realistically (I naively thought) believed would change us around and make us a force to be reckoned with, after signing back on here a month ago and spending every waking hour and some in which I shouldn't have been awake, after reading every single post within this thread which sometimes offered hope and sometimes offered despair, after today, a day which seemed to promise so much and give so little, a day which saw the blessed transfer ive waited all this time for be finally announced that now the deadline has passed and it turns out that the deal never bloody well went through!!!! I really can't believe we've still got Jenas... :cry:

Late transfers still ticking in with Stoke capturing N'Zonzi, and Everton waiting for international clearance for Whatshisface Odjidja

Thank GHod this transfer window is over. I have read every bloody post in this thread since may. Do I get some sort of medal? Oh and for what it's worth I think we have done some really good business this window. Hugo Lloris FFS he is one of the top five keepers in the world and now he plays for Spurs! Of course like everyone else I would have liked Moutinho and Llorente but thems the breaks. I think we have a fine squad of Players to work with this season and I'm pretty optimistic for fourth. COYS.

=D>=D>=D>

@krissyaldridge7 still thinks it's gonna go through...

“Listen all I'm saying is the same source that told me 3 weeks before anything about all deals except dempsey is awake and at the lodge!"

Would have been much, much more satisfied with Moutinho. The ability and potential cap far exceeds Dempsey and Dembele.

sure but i'm sure it was always going to be a "stretch target".
there is the other issue of being overly dependent on a single player.
i think under harry that was the philosophy, but now we play in a disciplined system, we need options.

so we have 4 keepers, no cover for BAE, no decent back ups for Bale and Lennon, Modric not adequately replaced, and a last minute panic buy in Dempsey

well done Mr Levy =D>

So we came here, read these pages day after day, hour after hour, and we end up with 2 Fulham players & a French goalkeeper...sooo worth it ;)

I'm happy enough really, we are missing cover on the wings but given that we never really seemed that keen on wing cover I'm guessing/hoping that AVB has plans. Each of our signings is a strong addition to the squad and I truly believe we will be top 6 at worst come January at which time more panicking and transfer dreams can commence.

I am slightly confused as to why we let Kane go on loan given that he's our 4th striker but heh

Kane off to Norwich on loan, interesting one.

So is the Moutinho deal officially off or is there still a glimmer of hope?

Really annoyed we sold Modric and VDV without getting their proper replacement. I still don't understand why we need a 4th goalie, however good he was. Our squad looks very unbalanced now, with 4 goalkeepers and only 2 recognised strikers. This transfer window has shown that we will need a new chairman if we want to go to that next level, which is fighting for the league title. Levy will always keep us a rich club but can't see him make us fight for league title. The way he puts salary cap and drags transfer dealings means we won't ever get any top player we want.

I am not convinced Levy was serious about signing Moutinho for the record fee. If he was, we would have bid long time ago, not wait until the last day of transfer window. Porto are not that stupid to let go their star player without time to get his replacement, especially after the draw for CL group stage. I am sure Moutinho were also influenced by the CL group draw. We should have atleast bid for him before the CL draw if we were serious about getting him.

Poor AVB. After the way he failed at Chelsea, he needs to prove his managerial capability. But don't think he has signed any player he wanted at Spurs. Now, he has to rely on the players available and the new signings to step up their game and perform consistently.

AVB must be massively tinkled off at what's happened this window.

Where did Fulham finish last year? Was it in the top 4?

We've improved our GK position for potentially the next 5 to 10 years plus with a keeper who has been rated amongst the worlds best.

We have 'replaced' King with Verts.

We have added depth and maybe goals to our midfield with Sigi & Dembele (also now have players who can play for 90 minutes and not pull a hammy every 4th game). As for Moutinho there must have been an issue with the player (wages or CL desire) that we just couldn't deliver. That isn't necessarily Levy or AVB at fault just one of those things.

AVB only wanted 3 strikers so Kane going to Norwich makes sense for experience and development if Dempsey is the 3rd choice striker or first cover for the wide players or even starter in the front 3 that AVB seems to fancy. Would have preferred to cash in on JD and upgrade the 2nd striker option personally.

It's going to take a while to settle out and wasn't the giant leap forward I'd hoped for but it doesn't smack of backwards to me. Satisfied, if not overjoyed, personally.

Back