• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Transfer Strategy

Mason is not good enough and proved that in the games he filled in for Dembele.

But was plenty good enough the season before when he wasn't carrying an injury.

I'd be keen to see him in his preferred #10 position

Remember also in the event of an injury to Alli, the first move would probably be bringing Eriksen into ACM and Son into LWF

I just don't think he is good enough all together. Would be ideal for a Bournemouth but i think we need someone of a higher class to take us to that next level.

I do feel sorry for Mason, injuries have played a major part in his development stalling, he is not suited to a DM role, the things I like about him are that he is always looking to pass the ball forward and he lets the ball move rather than stopping it when he receives it. I can't see him playing a major role for us and think we should let him move to a club where he'll get games.

I do feel sorry for Mason, injuries have played a major part in his development stalling, he is not suited to a DM role, the things I like about him are that he is always looking to pass the ball forward and he lets the ball move rather than stopping it when he receives it. I can't see him playing a major role for us and think we should let him move to a club where he'll get games.

Wanyama would release him to move to AM though. Basically taking Pritchard/Onomah/Chadlis spot

I also hope Pritchard gets a chance in our squad, maybe in the league cup or substitute appearances. I think he is further along than Onomah

I still do not understand how come you still see Wanyama no more than backup. I guess time will tell but I thin you are in for a surprise

I think its because Dier last season was better and so was Dembele, however lets see Wanyama in a better side with a better coach

i for one think he will play 20/30 games even if that is as "back up" although when is the AFCON?

so...

Lloris
(Vorm)

Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
(Trippier/Wimmer/Carter-Vickers/Davies)

Dier Dembele
(Wanyama/Mason/Carroll/Bentaleb)

Lamela Alli Eriksen
(Son/Pritchard/N'jie/Chadli)

Kane
(Janssen)
that's a 25 man squad there, and as far as im aware Carter-Vickers doesn't need to be registered so technically there's space for another player to be registered before we need to look at a one in one out policy.

i think we've got our important business out of the way and now it's a case of moving if the right deals become available - i think we'll sign a CB as i have doubts over Carter-Vickers being ready and i think we may look to replace Chadli, but we're not in desperate need of anything and we'll probably use that to our bargaining advantage by having a fairly relaxed attitude

That's it. If we bring in other players they'll either be youth prospects or we'll sell someone like Chadli or Mason.

The 2 signing should dramatically raise our strength in depth. Last season it became clear we were lacking.

Having 2 quality additions will bolster us, then Poch will be looking for some players to step up from last season - Son, Bentaleb, Njie etc. if they do we'll have true strength in depth. The challenge is for these squad players to take their chances without a run of competitive games. It takes 3-4 games to settle often.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
so...

Lloris
(Vorm)

Dier Dembele
(Wanyama/Mason/Carroll/Bentaleb)

Lamela Alli Eriksen
(Son/Pritchard/N'jie/Chadli)

Kane
(Janssen)
that's a 25 man squad there, and as far as im aware Carter-Vickers doesn't need to be registered so technically there's space for another player to be registered before we need to look at a one in one out policy.

i think we've got our important business out of the way and now it's a case of moving if the right deals become available - i think we'll sign a CB as i have doubts over Carter-Vickers being ready and i think we may look to replace Chadli, but we're not in desperate need of anything and we'll probably use that to our bargaining advantage by having a fairly relaxed attitude

Generally agree. I don't think we'll sign another CB because I) they don't need to rotate and ii) Dier, Davies and Wanyama can cover there.

I'd suggest a few tweaks in midfield - for me the 25 is:

Lloris
(Vorm + McGee)

Dier Dembele
(Wanyama/Bentaleb + Winks)

Lamela Alli Eriksen
(Son/Mason/Njie + Onomah)

Kane
(Janssen)

Essentially I think Carroll, Chadli and Pritchard will be let go to not stifle Winks and Onomah

Lol Pritchard let go so as not to stifle Winks and Onomah:D

How about Pritchard to (finally) get a chance and Winks/Onomah get their chance to develop - on loan

That's not how Poch and the data team seem to work, e.g. letting Chambers go because Clyne was on a faster track.

What makes you possibly think that either Winks or Onomah are on a 'faster track' than Pritchard?
Winks was offered out on loan to a few clubs in the second half of last season. I thought he should also have been offered on loan 6 months before that as he had a bit of a wasted season.

Back