• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Transfer Strategy

Who is Bazoer? Is he on Potch's list?

Personally after finishing 3rd and with the new tv deal I am not convinced "balancing" the books this summer is the way to go because I think no other club in the top 10 will be "balancing" the books. Be on wages or transfer fees methinks nothing will be balanced. Although I am not saying we go crazy as we do have a stadium to finance.

We've had zero net spend on transfers for 8 consecutive seasons now. And been doing better as a result of it

Poch watched Bazoer play for Holland last week, he's Ajax's DM

I could have sworn Gutterboy had been telling us we had no chance of the title or even the top four as recent
as the end of the January transfer window, because money is king and Chelsea United etc will just buy their way back to the top - now he's telling us they're all in a spiral of decline and we don't even need to strengthen our first team to stay in front of them and that's despite them all replacing their under performing managers

I'm struggling to get to grips with such a dramatic shift in opinion - from one extreme to the other in a matter of weeks, impressive stuff really

The driven and well-organised collective has toppled the assortment of (more) talented individuals. It started big time at the last WC and there has been quite a seismic shift since

The driven and well-organised collective has toppled the assortment of (more) talented individuals. It started big time at the last WC and there has been quite a seismic shift since

But as recent as Jan/Feb you was saying the complete opposite and that we shouldn't even try and finish in the top four because the clubs with more money are predetermined to finish above us, no matter what we do (I know this because I was telling you what nonsense it was all through the season) and now you've gone to other end of the spectrum saying these clubs are predetermined to be on a downward trajectory no matter what they do

Last edited:
But as recent as Jan/Feb you was saying the complete opposite and that we shouldn't even try and finish in the top four because the clubs with more money are predetermined to finish above us, no matter what we do (I know this because I was telling you what nonsense it was all through the season) and now you've gone to other end of the spectrum saying these clubs are predetermined to be on a downward trajectory no matter what they do

Yeah looking forward to @Gutter Boy 's answer on this one..
popcorn-blank.gif

Poch and Simeone and Tuchel and Klopp and Sampaoli and all the other Bielsa protégés happened and there's been a paradigm shift. The gallatico dominance has been overthrown.

Poch and Simeone and Tuchel and Klopp and Sampaoli and all the other Bielsa protégés happened and there's been a paradigm shift. The gallatico dominance has been overthrown.

All that happened in the last couple of months of the season?

Last edited:
Didn't all these managers get bettered in their respective leagues by 'galacticos'?

Last edited:
I would be interested to know on what you base your assertions. The quarter final line up for the 2014 World Cup was Brazil, Columbia, Germany, France, Netherlands, Costa Rica, Agentina and Belgium….. Probably the 7 teams who had the most talented individuals overall and one surprise package in Costa Rica. Replace Costa Rica with Spain and that would be the 8 teams with the most talented individuals.... I would expect any sample size of 8 to have one anomaly due to chance.

You then claim a seismic shift since…. I’m not sure I have seen evidence of that. Since the World Cup we have seen the below winners of the main competitions in Europe…. The big competitions have been won by the teams with the best players with the 1 exception of Leicester. Is that a ‘seismic shift’ or just a one-off random event?

Germany
League winners

2015: Bayern Munich
2016: Bayern Munich
Cup winners
2015: Wolfsburg
2016: Bayern Munich

France
League winners

2015: PSG
2016: PSG
Cup winners
2015: PSG
2016: PSG

Portugal
League winners

2015: Benfica
2016: Benfica
Cup winners
2015: Sporting
2016: Braga

Italy
League winners

2015: Juventus
2016: Juventus
Cup winners
2015: Juventus
2016: Juventus

England
League winners

2015: Chelsea
2016: Leicester
Cup winners
2015: Arsenal
2016: Man Utd

Spain
League winners

2015: Barcelona
2016: Barcelona
Cup winners
2016: Barcelona

Champions League winners
2016: Real Madrid

Europa League winners
2015: Seville
2016: Seville

Are you basing your prognosis on the achievements of Leicester this season?

Why do you guys try to make sense of Gutterboy's outbursts?

The clue is in the name; he's the guy in the gutter clinging to a Bible and a 2 litre bottle of White Lightning, yelling at passers-by in the hope someone will stop and try to make sense of it all.

By August he will be back to his previous stance due to more seismic activity

Looking at the Belgium and Italy game, what I would have liked to add to our team is a 5 year younger Di Rossi. Proper player! Would not mind any of the Dutch CM's either. Both Witsel or Nainggolan would be just fine.

Looking at the Belgium and Italy game, what I would have liked to add to our team is a 5 year younger Di Rossi. Proper player! Would not mind any of the Dutch CM's either. Both Witsel or Nainggolan would be just fine.

Belgium looking a bit ropey in defence first half - the two Dutch CMs aren't really doing much to protect the back four for me. Dier is a much better reader of the game, Not good enough for us methinks. Cant think why Dembele isn't on. Surely he must come on soon. Lukaku looks second best too.

Belgium looking a bit ropey in defence first half - the two Dutch CMs aren't really doing much to protect the back four for me. Dier is a much better reader of the game, Not good enough for us methinks. Cant think why Dembele isn't on. Surely he must come on soon. Lukaku looks second best too.
Not good enough for us? Hahaha!!! They're both about twice they player of Mason and Carroll. Times 2!

More interesting is how cr@p must Batshuayi be if he can not get in the team ahead of Lukaku, Origi or Benteke

More interesting is how cr@p must Batshuayi be if he can not get in the team ahead of Lukaku, Origi or Benteke
His position in the team is like Rushford for England. Good promising player, but there are other players with a higher ranking/better name. Call it what you want. You know what I mean.

Back