• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Thank you, kind sir. Do you rate him above Mr. Kane (serious question)?

Ooohhh brick. That's a tough one.. I'd say they're very close and I would absolutely love seeing them play together.

Kane might actually just shade it now you've made me think on it.. But I might not fully appreciate Kane's impact until after he's finished his Spurs career.

I agree with you, nayenezgani. I would also love to see Bale back but I can't see us getting him due to both financial and game-time reasons.

I would guess that the transfer fee in itself would be within our grasp but I doubt that his wage/agent fee demands would be, immediately killing any hope of getting him even if Real were to make him available.

Hypothetically, ignoring the money side of things, who makes way in our system(s) for us to get him in the 1st XI? The only options I can think of are:

• Sonny (or even Dele) getting pushed further down the pecking order - or sold?!? Bale over Son would be an upgrade IF we were able to get 30+ games a season out of him but it seems unlikely, and IMO we would be a weaker squad with Bale in the treatment room and no Son/Dele around to step in.

• One of Rose/Davies going and pushing Bale back to WB again and I'm really not sure his hammys would be up to this role - or, indeed, if Bale himself would want that - any more?

• Bale warming our bench in place of Llorente, coming on for 15 mins here and there or waiting for Kane to pick up a knock. No chance of either the player or the club going for that.

We all know that Bale is a fantastic player and when he's fit and firing he could still walk straight into pretty much any side in the world. I just think that the risk/reward would be too great for Mr. Levy (that's not a criticism, BTW) and I wouldn't be sure that Poch would want to go for it at this moment in time, either.

Like I said, I would love to see Bale back in the lilywhite but IMO it'd be more prudent to go all out for Sessegnon instead. I could definitely see DL signing off on that.

I agree with you, nayenezgani. I would also love to see Bale back but I can't see us getting him due to both financial and game-time reasons.

I would guess that the transfer fee in itself would be within our grasp but I doubt that his wage/agent fee demands would be, immediately killing any hope of getting him even if Real were to make him available.

Hypothetically, ignoring the money side of things, who makes way in our system(s) for us to get him in the 1st XI? The only options I can think of are:

• Sonny (or even Dele) getting pushed further down the pecking order - or sold?!? Bale over Son would be an upgrade IF we were able to get 30+ games a season out of him but it seems unlikely, and IMO we would be a weaker squad with Bale in the treatment room and no Son/Dele around to step in.

• One of Rose/Davies going and pushing Bale back to WB again and I'm really not sure his hammys would be up to this role - or, indeed, if Bale himself would want that - any more?

• Bale warming our bench in place of Llorente, coming on for 15 mins here and there or waiting for Kane to pick up a knock. No chance of either the player or the club going for that.

We all know that Bale is a fantastic player and when he's fit and firing he could still walk straight into pretty much any side in the world. I just think that the risk/reward would be too great for Mr. Levy (that's not a criticism, BTW) and I wouldn't be sure that Poch would want to go for it at this moment in time, either.

Like I said, I would love to see Bale back in the lilywhite but IMO it'd be more prudent to go all out for Sessegnon instead. I could definitely see DL signing off on that.

I'd aim to use him sparingly as an inside forward. Ideally, have him fit for the big games and as many smaller games as he needs to remain match fit. His fee and wages should reflect this but I suspect that Man Utd will be willing to pay him what he's on now.

To fit Bale in:

---------------lloris
trippier---sanchez---vert---rose
---------------dier
------eriksen--------dele
---------------bale
-----------kane----son

Similar setup to Rodger's Liverpool team, but better balanced and stronger defensively. That team would blast most of the league off the pitch imo, even better if you put a Walker-style right-back in there.

I don’t want us to bring Bale back. I loved it when he was with us, I just don’t think he’s worth the gamble now. I think spend the money on a top young player, who isn’t perennially injured, and who we don’t want back for fond nostalgia.

Completely with you. Would cost far too much in fee and wages and we simply don’t need to take sort of gamble, particularly in those positions behind Kane. We also generally don’t have many egos in the squad and, whilst he comes across as a down to earth chap, there’s always a risk that there’s a bit of a ‘I used to play for Real’ attitude to him and that he’d expect to play every game - again, not worth that risk

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

For the wages he'd want we we'd want Bale on a pay as you play basis. Even if he did have an emotional attachment to us there are a couple of teams who can afford to pay him double what we would to play half the games. I think United will overpay him to be a marquee singing with some flimflam about him being the heir to giggs number 11 shirt (and they'd only be redirecting ibra's pension)

For the wages he'd want we we'd want Bale on a pay as you play basis. Even if he did have an emotional attachment to us there are a couple of teams who can afford to pay him double what we would to play half the games. I think United will overpay him to be a marquee singing with some flimflam about him being the heir to giggs number 11 shirt (and they'd only be redirecting ibra's pension)

I agree and he'll last two seasons there, max.

Agree.
I see our Ryan has scored again for Fulham. That’s where our cash should go

City just joined the race...and here endeth our chances of signing him. We missed our chance in January, should have sealed the deal then with him staying there until summer.

City just joined the race...and here endeth our chances of signing him. We missed our chance in January, should have sealed the deal then with him staying there until summer.

City won’t have room for him their squad IMO but can naturally blow us out the water £££ wise

Interesting that there is a theory that we have done a deal already with him/his agent/the club (delete as appropriate).

It will be the players choice ultimately as he will go for big money regardless who buys him

I can assure you he has no emotional attachment to us, we were nothing more than a stepping stone. The truth is we were good for each other at the time, but I bet you when he leaves Madrid he will simply sign for the club in this league that will pay him the most money and it will not be us.

City won’t have room for him their squad IMO but can naturally blow us out the water £££ wise

Interesting that there is a theory that we have done a deal already with him/his agent/the club (delete as appropriate).

It will be the players choice ultimately as he will go for big money regardless who buys him

But yet according to reports this morning they have a place for Iniesta.

I could see a Hazard Bale swap and I am sure Utd will be interested as well

But yet according to reports this morning they have a place for Iniesta.

I could see a Hazard Bale swap and I am sure Utd will be interested as well

Bale in a Chelsea team would make me sick and would tarnish his time here with us.

He would have no loyalty but it's my opinion

I can assure you he has no emotional attachment to us, we were nothing more than a stepping stone. The truth is we were good for each other at the time, but I bet you when he leaves Madrid he will simply sign for the club in this league that will pay him the most money and it will not be us.
I think you are right, it was a big IF! Maybe he thinks he looks really good in white?!

it's probably reciprocated by Levy, his injury record just doesn't correlate with his potential price tag and wages. Even Aguero has had a bit of that, he may have the best goals per game over his time but if he misses a third of the season you need more strength in depth. Less of a problem for City obvs.

Back