• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Yes but some of them are leaving it looks like

Their new signings are on less

They now have to stand on their own two feet money wise especially as Roman has a BIG divorce settlement coming
Whether he does or doesn't, he can't pump money into the club at will due to FFP. I know I know, FFP isn't all it's cranked up to be, but I think the days of billionaires taking over clubs and pumping money into them a-la City or Chelski are pretty much gone. And if they do, they will have to be patient, since they will need to balance the books and that takes time. It will be marginal year-over-year and take a while to get to City status.

Whether he does or doesn't, he can't pump money into the club at will due to FFP. I know I know, FFP isn't all it's cranked up to be, but I think the days of billionaires taking over clubs and pumping money into them a-la City or Chelski are pretty much gone. And if they do, they will have to be patient, since they will need to balance the books and that takes time. It will be marginal year-over-year and take a while to get to City status.

Hence why City spent even more in Jan as even their restricted by their losses on transfers now

It's like ffp was invented to protect the teams that reached their position due to financial doping...
I'm hoping Roman is bored and defeat by us at the Bridge will also turn the fans against them for their lack of investment...this will be the final straw for him and he'll be so tinkled off at their ingratitude he sells the club to the dildo brothers...

Never stopped them before

Easier to buy him now when rebuilding and pool will sell IMO

They want a central striker but they won’t get Kane and they need an alternative

You are being presumptuous to assume Liverpool will sell Salah, it is like someone assuming we would sell Kane because we sold Bale, Modric, Berbatov and Carrick in the past

You are being presumptuous to assume Liverpool will sell Salah, it is like someone assuming we would sell Kane because we sold Bale, Modric, Berbatov and Carrick in the past

True

But Kane is not gettable for many reasons IMO

Salah has no loyalty to Pool, is being talked about in Egyptian press as going there and FSG do sell their best players

True

But Kane is not gettable for many reasons IMO

Salah has no loyalty to Pool, is being talked about in Egyptian press as going there and FSG do sell their best players

To be honest I have spent enough energy talking about Liverpool this evening, to tell you the truth I am not bothered either way

To be honest I have spent enough energy talking about Liverpool this evening, to tell you the truth I am not bothered either way
Funny how we're not even taking about Woolwich anymore. That's how irrelevant they've become. When they lost to Brighton today I was like... meh.

Funny how we're not even taking about Woolwich anymore. That's how irrelevant they've become. When they lost to Brighton today I was like... meh.

Probably like how their fans were with us in the past. We wanted to be bigger, and of course we’ll find our own reasons for why we were better, but realistically, we were even worse than Arsenal are now. Which is why it’s now so much more enjoyable, we have the best team that we’ve had in the PL, whereas Arsenal are sinking like a stone.

Probably like how their fans were with us in the past. We wanted to be bigger, and of course we’ll find our own reasons for why we were better, but realistically, we were even worse than Arsenal are now. Which is why it’s now so much more enjoyable, we have the best team that we’ve had in the PL, whereas Arsenal are sinking like a stone.

We were bit having not had the highs the lows were much less painful

They have a generation of fans who have only ever seen Arsenal in the elite and don’t know what 6th feels like.... 6th would be massive for 99% o clubs and fans but not for those who haven’t had the lows

Sessegnon, Dolberg, De Vrij and Rabiot in the summer would be a very good window for us. Sissoko, Llorente, Janssen, Onomah and N'koudou out with Foyth and CCV given loans

I do wonder what Chelski fans think at the moment. Arguably the two best non Spurs players are De bruyne and Salah. Two players they fudged off really early and did not work into their side.

Sessegnon, Dolberg, De Vrij and Rabiot in the summer would be a very good window for us. Sissoko, Llorente, Janssen, Onomah and N'koudou out with Foyth and CCV given loans

Why would PSG sell us their best/most important CM?

I do wonder what Chelski fans think at the moment. Arguably the two best non Spurs players are De bruyne and Salah. Two players they fudged off really early and did not work into their side.

Well they have plenty in their academy who if they took their time with and integrated into the first team would be future stars in 3 or 4 years time.

Why would PSG sell us their best/most important CM?

It's not really a case of whether they want to, he has 1 year left on his contract. If he fancies a change which is entirely possible then they have the choice of him leaving for a much reduced fee, set by uefa tribunal as he is under 24, in a years time or they sell this summer and get a better fee as well as balancing up their FFP demands. Quite simple logic really. Whether the player would be interested in joining us, who knows but he is someone we should be interested in given his contract situation, ability and age.

Well they have plenty in their academy who if they took their time with and integrated into the first team would be future stars in 3 or 4 years time.

I’m still far from convinced about their youngsters as their all identikit players

Either big athletes or little technical players but the way their coaches doesn’t seem to make them adaptable for men’s football

It's not really a case of whether they want to, he has 1 year left on his contract. If he fancies a change which is entirely possible then they have the choice of him leaving for a much reduced fee, set by uefa tribunal as he is under 24, in a years time or they sell this summer and get a better fee as well as balancing up their FFP demands. Quite simple logic really. Whether the player would be interested in joining us, who knows but he is someone we should be interested in given his contract situation, ability and age.

In which case he'll go to City, Madrid, Barca or Bayern. We may have been interested in him 4 or 5 years ago, but he's well out of league now.

In which case he'll go to City, Madrid, Barca or Bayern. We may have been interested in him 4 or 5 years ago, but he's well out of league now.

Is he?
There's only so many top level midfielders that those teams can have. And we have improved since our last interest in him three years ago.
If we even advance one stage further in the CL this season and finish in the top three of the PL, it puts us in a rather attractive position.
And then there's the other factors that could have a small added effect - Pochettino, London, playing with one of the best attackers and best defences in Europe, two former PSG players already in our squad.
Maybe we can even offer a competitive wage by summer...

Back