• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Bale didn't put the team on his back to drag them to victories. Of course you can argue he did it with us, but that was just individual brilliance among a group of mediocre-to-good players. We have very good and world class players now. We need someone who will fire up the players and Bale isn't the answer. We need a Chiellini or a Buffon type character.
Zlatan.

We look like we are heading towards a busy summer (shortened) transfer window.

Likely to leave;

1. Vorm
  2. Dembele
  3. Rose
  4. Toby
  5. Llorente

Potentially replaced by;
  1. Lopez
  2. ??????
  3. Sessegnon
  4. De Ligt
  5. ??????

That leaves us needing some serious experience to fill the Dembele gap. Happy to have a young striker (or give Janssen another go) but we can't lose all that premier & champions league experience and replace it with youth. Need a Davids style signing of a born winner who can rotate with Winks and Onomah. Iniesta might be available...

Bournemouth are ready to rival Tottenham and Manchester United for the signing of Celtic and Scotland defender Kieran Tierney, 20. (Sun)

If us or Utd have genuine interest Bournemouth have no chance.

Seen a lot of people like this lad, have to be honest I dont think Ive ever seen him play.

Bournemouth are ready to rival Tottenham and Manchester United for the signing of Celtic and Scotland defender Kieran Tierney, 20. (Sun)

If us or Utd have genuine interest Bournemouth have no chance.

Seen a lot of people like this lad, have to be honest I dont think Ive ever seen him play.
Good player, and he is a more feasible signing than Sess if Fulham get promoted....

What sort of player? I know he is a LB, I know theres a bunch of hype, that it literally it.

Im always a little dubious of players from the SPL too, especially Scottish ones.

What sort of player? I know he is a LB, I know theres a bunch of hype, that it literally it.

Im always a little dubious of players from the SPL too, especially Scottish ones.
As poor as the Scottish league is, Celtic have a few players who could easily make it in the PL -just a shame they dont have any competition to make them play consistently at an optimum level.

I cant pretend to be an expert on him but the games Ive seen on TV he would fit in well - Offers width on the left, technically good left foot, attacking, decent pace, looks fine defensively although obviously not been massively tested and is young so only going to get better...

As poor as the Scottish league is, Celtic have a few players who could easily make it in the PL -just a shame they dont have any competition to make them play consistently at an optimum level.

I cant pretend to be an expert on him but the games Ive seen on TV he would fit in well - Offers width on the left, technically good left foot, attacking, decent pace, looks fine defensively although obviously not been massively tested and is young so only going to get better...

Thanks.

Thats the problem isnt it? Celtic are so rarely troubled how do you know if this lad is playing at his absolute peak or has more in the tank? Thats always the concern for me.

That being said, if he has the right attributes and the club want him then Im on board.

Remember that Wanyama was the absolute BOSS at Celtic. And when Pochettino saw him at Soton, he thought Wanyama's conditioning was seriously poor, took him quite a while to get match fit... they looked back at videos and were surprised how different he looked

Fullbacks and midfields are a tricky one for Poch. We're missing something in both positions yet have a lot of decent players for both positions. Trippier has been excellent in the main, but he's not quick enough, and is maybe shown up now and again. Davies is workman like, and just lacks a bit of zip too for me. Rose had more drive. Yet Tripper and Davies are both fantastic players for us. So what does Poch do?

Same applies in midfield. It's hard to upgrade when you have so many good players. I'd move Eriksen back into midfield, and give him licence to get forward. Then rotate Dier and Wanyama to screen in front of the back 4. Get Alli on the left, able to drift in or track back, and Moura on the right doing the same. Son seems good in spells rotating or as a sub. He's defo a keeper. Adds a tonne of goals, but hasn't been at it the last few games.

If Toby goes, then we Sanchez has to play beyond his years. How many 21 year old CBs are there playing at the highest level? Sanchez has been amazing, done brilliantly in his first season, but its a lot of pressure on a young player. If Toby goes we need another CB.

To replace toby I would go with Clément Lenglet of Sevilla he looks tasty and has got a few years experience but is still young.

Out: Toby In: Lenglet
Out: Aurier In: Walker-Peters
Out: Rose In: Tierney
Out: Dembele and Sissoko In: Diawara
Out: Llorent and Janssen In: Arp or similar young striker and promote Griffiths.
Out: N'Koudou

With those out goings we should be able to hopefully have money left over to bring in a young exciting talent in Maddison or Sessegnon.

Would also look to see if we could go in and offer Brewster at Liverpool a contract with the promise of being part of a first team squad.

Back