• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I heard a rumour today that we've agreed a deal for David Brooks. He's an ACM, maybe more in the Alli style than the Eriksen.

Fullbacks and midfields are a tricky one for Poch. We're missing something in both positions yet have a lot of decent players for both positions. Trippier has been excellent in the main, but he's not quick enough, and is maybe shown up now and again. Davies is workman like, and just lacks a bit of zip too for me. Rose had more drive. Yet Tripper and Davies are both fantastic players for us. So what does Poch do?

Same applies in midfield. It's hard to upgrade when you have so many good players. I'd move Eriksen back into midfield, and give him licence to get forward. Then rotate Dier and Wanyama to screen in front of the back 4. Get Alli on the left, able to drift in or track back, and Moura on the right doing the same. Son seems good in spells rotating or as a sub. He's defo a keeper. Adds a tonne of goals, but hasn't been at it the last few games.

If Toby goes, then we Sanchez has to play beyond his years. How many 21 year old CBs are there playing at the highest level? Sanchez has been amazing, done brilliantly in his first season, but its a lot of pressure on a young player. If Toby goes we need another CB.

There’s rumour of the lad from Saudi Sportswashing Machine Lascelles. Probably rubbish mind

There’s rumour of the lad from Saudi Sportswashing Machine Lascelles. Probably rubbish mind

He certainly is rubbish nearly as bad as the last player we signed from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We like players that can play the ball out from the back and he is not that. Would really wonder about our scouting if it were true.

Remember that Wanyama was the absolute BOSS at Celtic. And when Pochettino saw him at Soton, he thought Wanyama's conditioning was seriously poor, took him quite a while to get match fit... they looked back at videos and were surprised how different he looked

...which might explain the Victor we are seeing now!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Spurs to sign Leonardo Bittencourt?
Tottenham could sign Leonardo Bittencourt from Koln this summer.

Bild say Spurs are interested in the youngster, with Koln chief Armin Veh admitting he will probably leave.

“He will probably leave us because he has offers, and we have to live with that,” he said.

Spurs to open contract talks with young forward
Tottenham are set to open contract talks with youngster Reo Griffiths this week.

That is according to ESPN FC, who say Spurs are keen to tie the starlet down to pro terms in a bid to ward off interest from other clubs.

The 17-year-old has 34 goals in the youth ranks this term.

Spurs to open contract talks with young forward
Tottenham are set to open contract talks with youngster Reo Griffiths this week.

That is according to ESPN FC, who say Spurs are keen to tie the starlet down to pro terms in a bid to ward off interest from other clubs.

The 17-year-old has 34 goals in the youth ranks this term.

When you consider the price which it would cost to be an equivalent player from somewhere else it would make sense to sort this out

Would love if we have 3rd sewn up by the Leicester game and can afford to give someone like Griffiths 15 minutes as a reward /incentive.

He's too short to be a CF. And he doesn't particularly score goals. Other than that though...

Wiki's listed height for him isn't accurate, he's more like 6ft rather than 5'8. His record may not read too impressively on the face of it but a lot of his appearances have been off the bench, some of the goals he has scored though have been of real quality and he's an absolute nuisance for any defender, I think he has good potential. @Danishfurniturelover is correct in saying he's lightweight though so he would need to work on his strength, amongst other things.

Would love if we have 3rd sewn up by the Leicester game and can afford to give someone like Griffiths 15 minutes as a reward /incentive.

Griffiths would be a long way down the pecking order,(imo) not yet even having signed a pro contract.
To get first team playing time I imagine the player would have to have been training with the first team squad, and also be accepted by the first team players as being of a high enough level to play alongside.
It’s a big step up and introducing a player too early could be detrimental to their confidence and development.

The pre-season tour seems to be when Poch gives some of the promising youngsters a chance. Griffiths (assuming he signs with us rather than Leipzig) might be too young for that though this summer?

Griffiths would be a long way down the pecking order,(imo) not yet even having signed a pro contract.
To get first team playing time I imagine the player would have to have been training with the first team squad, and also be accepted by the first team players as being of a high enough level to play alongside.
It’s a big step up and introducing a player too early could be detrimental to their confidence and development.

The pre-season tour seems to be when Poch gives some of the promising youngsters a chance. Griffiths (assuming he signs with us rather than Leipzig) might be too young for that though this summer?

Not if he is on pro terms (age wise) so he should go

Wiki's listed height for him isn't accurate, he's more like 6ft rather than 5'8. His record may not read too impressively on the face of it but a lot of his appearances have been off the bench, some of the goals he has scored though have been of real quality and he's an absolute nuisance for any defender, I think he has good potential. @Danishfurniturelover is correct in saying he's lightweight though so he would need to work on his strength, amongst other things.

A scorer of great goals, not a great goalscorer. More Eriksen than Alli in that sense

Back