• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

If that really is true, and its more believeable given its in the Indy rather than the Mirror, then its hugely promising

The Independent has no staff and relies on clickbait since it went online only

120m plus whatever we make from sales - is how it reads to me

Could just be a ruse to help shift those 1882 season tickets mind :D
If we sell Toby that would take it to 170-180 mil. I doubt we'll be spending that much on transfers, so probably it is inclusive of sales. And we couldn't spend 170-180 mil even if we wanted to. It's not like we need that much overhauling. Say we spend 40 mil on a CB and another 30 on a LB. That's not even close to breaking 100 mil and we'd be set. Oh, I forgot a creative midfielder: add another 40-50 mil for one, so yeah, maybe we can get to 120. Hopefully by selling Toby for 60 and Rose for 40 (plus the odd Nkoudou), ending up with a 10 mil or even zero net spend.

There, that more like us. :D

If we sell Toby that would take it to 170-180 mil. I doubt we'll be spending that much on transfers, so probably it is inclusive of sales. And we couldn't spend 170-180 mil even if we wanted to. It's not like we need that much overhauling. Say we spend 40 mil on a CB and another 30 on a LB. That's not even close to breaking 100 mil and we'd be set. Oh, I forgot a creative midfielder: add another 40-50 mil for one, so yeah, maybe we can get to 120. Hopefully by selling Toby for 60 and Rose for 40 (plus the odd Nkoudou), ending up with a 10 mil or even zero net spend.

There, that more like us. :D

I don’t see Rose leaving as his value has depreciated

Toby yeah with his contract
Sissoko as he needs upgrading on
Jansen and Llorente and one hasn’t been in the squad this season and the other can’t move
I also think Lamella will go if an Italian side offers gpod money. He spends plenty of his down time back in Italy
Bloody as he hasn’t worked out either

That lot would bring in over £120m surely

If that really is true, and its more believeable given its in the Indy rather than the Mirror, then its hugely promising

Toby - 50m
Rose - 40m
Dembele - 30m

That's 120m right there. Not including Sissoko, Janssen, N'Koudou and anyone else we might end up selling.

Not that shocking. And, given that we'd be losing those first three, it might not even be close to enough.

I don’t see Rose leaving as his value has depreciated

Toby yeah with his contract
Sissoko as he needs upgrading on
Jansen and Llorente and one hasn’t been in the squad this season and the other can’t move
I also think Lamella will go if an Italian side offers gpod money. He spends plenty of his down time back in Italy
Bloody as he hasn’t worked out either

That lot would bring in over £120m surely
Forgot about Janssen and Pretty Boy. Yeah, Rose will likely not leave, so Toby and the aforementioned two. I don't think Lamela is going anywhere, though.

Toby - 50m
Rose - 40m
Dembele - 30m

That's 120m right there. Not including Sissoko, Janssen, N'Koudou and anyone else we might end up selling.

Not that shocking. And, given that we'd be losing those first three, it might not even be close to enough.

The article said that it was £120m plus whatever is brought in from sales

We have seen from us in the past with us, Liverpool and this season Everton that a lot of signings in a squad makes it unsettled and does the team no favours.

I would go for an experienced centre half, defensive midfielder and striker. Then look to long term youth signings.

Players I think will be gone from the squad, Toby, Rose, Dembele, Sissoko, Llorente and I hope Aurier goes as well.

We have seen from us in the past with us, Liverpool and this season Everton that a lot of signings in a squad makes it unsettled and does the team no favours.

I would go for an experienced centre half, defensive midfielder and striker. Then look to long term youth signings.

Players I think will be gone from the squad, Toby, Rose, Dembele, Sissoko, Llorente and I hope Aurier goes as well.

Evans?
People are being negative but he has won more than our whole squad I think

If the £120m thing is right, I'd focus on two positions:

- a pacey player who can player CF or off a CF like a Mane, Salah, Gabriel Jesus...not sure who the right player is (obviously not those guys
- another creative CM like an Andre Gomes...so someone who is creative but more attacking than Dembele

4-3-3 would then be a real option with something like a midfield of Dier/Wanyama central and then two of Dembele, Eriksen, Dele or Gomes next to them (or Winks) and then up top Kane (or new guy) with any of Son, Moura, Dele, Eriksen, [new quick guy] outside them

Obviously trust Poch but I'd hope we aim for, to the extent we can, a small number of big signings this summer rathe rthan the opposite

Back