• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I like Gray but Zaha looks better placed to cover all of the positions behind Kane and may be an option as a false 9.

Maybe and i will not question that, however Gray is 4 years younger then Zaha and would cost a lot less and could develop under Poch.

I like Gray but Zaha looks better placed to cover all of the positions behind Kane and may be an option as a false 9.
Yes we don’t really have room or need for anymore out and out AM/winger types unless they are ridiculously good and warrant getting rid of one of the others. Zaha is more versatile and of better quality than Gray right now although obviously Gray is younger....

Yes we don’t really have room or need for anymore out and out AM/winger types unless they are ridiculously good and warrant getting rid of one of the others. Zaha is more versatile and of better quality than Gray right now although obviously Gray is younger....

I'd be interested in seeing what Zaha could do as a #10. He's a big bugger these days but is decent with the ball at his feet. Those could be useful attributes off the bench or against teams that sit back.

Last edited:
Who knows. I don't think that Gray would come cheap though.

Well most players are overpriced in todays game so he probably will not be cheap, i may be wrong but i think Zaha would want to play on a regular basis and would not come IF he thought he would be used from the bench. With Gray because he is only 21 he would be willing to learn and wait before expecting to much.

But its guess work at moment.

Well most players are overpriced in todays game so he probably will not be cheap, i may be wrong but i think Zaha would want to play on a regular basis and would not come IF he thought he would be used from the bench. With Gray because he is only 21 he would be willing to learn and wait before expecting to much.

Guess work for us all, of course.

Im unconvinced Gray would actually be cheaper (at all/by much). Leicester have no need to sell, and given they have him under contract etc would demand a fair bit I am sure.

Zaha? Recently signed a new deal I believe, could mean one of two things. 1) Ridiculous price due to long contract or 2) Buy-out clause inserted/assurance of sale. Could go either way.

As to the players, while I appreciate Gray is younger, Zaha is a beast physically, more experienced and mature and IMO set to step up to bigger things - at this moment in time he would be my preference.

That said, Gray is an interesting player whom Id be happy to see come in.

I think that Zaha would get plenty of games because of his flexibility, I think that Gray would struggle to make the bench, if everyone is fit.

Guess work for us all, of course.

Im unconvinced Gray would actually be cheaper (at all/by much). Leicester have no need to sell, and given they have him under contract etc would demand a fair bit I am sure.

Zaha? Recently signed a new deal I believe, could mean one of two things. 1) Ridiculous price due to long contract or 2) Buy-out clause inserted/assurance of sale. Could go either way.

As to the players, while I appreciate Gray is younger, Zaha is a beast physically, more experienced and mature and IMO set to step up to bigger things - at this moment in time he would be my preference.

That said, Gray is an interesting player whom Id be happy to see come in.

I think that Zaha would get plenty of games because of his flexibility, I think that Gray would struggle to make the bench, if everyone is fit.

Well you may both be right, i trust Poch to make a decision IF he has either of those two in his plans.

If we must buy a pacey winger used to the English game then I would have a good look at Redmond, think the is a really good player in there waiting to come out.

Talk of second rate options like Zaha, Gray and Redmond is pointless while Sessegnon looks a serious option.

Sessegnon would add to the mix at AM, while not upsetting the apple cart of the 5 senior players (as they know longer term he'll be groomed into LB).

Talk of second rate options like Zaha, Gray and Redmond is pointless while Sessegnon looks a serious option.

Sessegnon would add to the mix at AM, while not upsetting the apple cart of the 5 senior players (as they know longer term he'll be groomed into LB).

I was on the fence about Zaha but GB's track record of calling it wrong has helped convince me that he'd be a great signing.

Last edited:
I doubt there is a single Palace fan who would happily swap Zaha for Lamela. Yet I bet there are a fair number of Spurs fans who would be happy to do so.

Lamela, in my view, is upgrade-able, however I dont see that £50m for Zaha is money well spent. I think could spend that elsewhere and get a player who can make more of an impact than Lamela has shown able to. That said, if Lamela stays as one of the 5 AMs which we have as a result of us not being able to secure someone better, its far from a disaster

Remember reading City are seriously in for Zaha. Not sure if he’s fancy a move back up to Manchester, but think he’d fare better under Guardiola....

United are meant to be interested again too but it could all be clickbait and paper talk.

He’s just come out and said he wants to play in PL with Fulham so if they get promoted I doubt he’ll be leaving. Also not sure what qualifies you to decide he’s going to be groomed as a LB....

Back