• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I just think if we buy a 28 year old he should be kinds special, I do not think Jay Rodriguez is better than we have right now, and even more importantly he i snot a young player with a lot of potential. I think we could do better

Can we afford “special”?

Can we afford “special”?

Let me put it another way, if we buy a 28 year old he should be at or very near the top of his game otherwise we should buy a younger player with a high ceiling. But come to think of it I think Ryan Sessegnon has the potential to be a very special player and I think we should make the effort to sign that kind of player.

Third season in a row in the CL, more increased income from tv and stadium, increased ticket prices, I tell you what I will be pretty mifted if we cannot buy at least one player with the potential to be pretty special

Saw Darren Lewis say we need max Meyer earlier

Never seen him play, so thoughts anyone?

As he is on a free I expect arsenal to offer him crazy wages to get him personally

Saw Darren Lewis say we need max Meyer earlier

Never seen him play, so thoughts anyone?

As he is on a free I expect arsenal to offer him crazy wages to get him personally

Good passer, from what I've seen - and surprisingly adept at defensive work for someone who was a short, slight, not-very-quick attacking midfielder just a little while ago.

He'd be a good option in centre-midfield. He's not a defensive midfielder, mind - more a deep-lying playmaker or a regista. And given his height, you're not going to get Dembele-esque physical domination out of him. At best, I suspect he'd be Winks Mk.2.

Good passer, from what I've seen - and surprisingly adept at defensive work for someone who was a short, slight, not-very-quick attacking midfielder just a little while ago.

He'd be a good option in centre-midfield. He's not a defensive midfielder, mind - more a deep-lying playmaker or a regista. And given his height, you're not going to get Dembele-esque physical domination out of him. At best, I suspect he'd be Winks Mk.2.

Sounds like Modric from your description mate.

Sounds like Modric from your description mate.

Ha! So would Winks, in that case. :p He's not quite as good as Modders was. but then, no one in modern football was. Or *is*.

This might give you an idea of what he plays like - forgive the music (though it's better than EDM, I guess). And this article....

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...al-blue-heir-bayern-munich-tedesco-474104.jsp

....will give you an idea of how he's been performing this season. Overall, as I said, he's a good deep-lying playmaker and surprisingly adept at the defensive side of the game. I don't quite think he's Xabi Alonso level (as that article indicates), but he's...*good*. Think Winks at the Bernabeu, more or less, with a bit more by way of ambitious forward passing.

£50m! I cant see it!

He’s good but.......not that good imho

I wanted Zaha when Poch initially inquired...I think he would thrive with us.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He's not Zaha, but I think we should take a punt on Kevin Volland, from Bayer Leverkusen. He plays in the same sort of wing forward/centre-forward role that Zaha does, so he has that versatility (and thus would see more playing time than if he were just the backup to Kane). He's doing relatively well this season - 14 goals and 2 assists in 28 games, which is comfortably more than what Zaha's managed. And, perhaps most importantly, he wouldn't cost 50m - maybe half that.

The last inside forward we bought from Bayer Leverkusen's turned out okay. So did the striker we bought from them before that, actually. :p So maybe we'll be lucky a third time as well.

What I like about Zaha is that he not need time to settle in this league and to me he looks the best player outside the top 6. Palace would be down already without him

I like him a lot. I think he has matured a great deal since Utd, though after Utd (and being less than impressive at Cardiff) there will always be a doubt about his ability to switch clubs.

Id certainly go for him though. His game has developed massively, and he can now play all across the front. IMHO he is primed to step up again. I bet if Palace keep him he hits 20 goals next season.

The Mirror

Tottenham ready to sell Mousa Dembele and identify two potential replacements for Belgium international

Mauricio Pochettino has made Dembele one of his most important players but negotiations over a new deal have failed to progress

Tottenham would be prepared to sell Champions League hero Mousa Dembele this summer.

The 30-year-old midfielder is widely regarded by fans as one of the club’s most influential players but Mirror Sport understands the club would listen to an acceptable offer for him.

Dembele was targeted by clubs in the Chinese Super League earlier this season and could now be set for fresh bid from the Far East.

It heralds a potential summer of transfer activity at Spurs with Dembele’s Belgium team-mate Toby Alderweireld heading for the exit and striker Fernando Llorente also unlikely to stay.

Dembele, who impressed in the Champions League at Juventus last month, will have a just 12 months left on his Spurs contract at the end of this season.

He has so far insisted talks are on hold until after the World Cup, leaving the door open for rival clubs to stake a claim for a cut-price deal.

Although Spurs are not actively looking to sell, they are understood to be looking to cover every eventuality.

The club are monitoring a number of midfielders ahead of this summer, including Barcelona’s Andre Gomes and Atalanta’s 23-year-old Italy star Bryan Cristante.

I would go for Paul Pogba... I think poch could make him brilliant again. But I understand wages etc would be a no go.

The Star

Man Utd join race for £50m Leicester star Harry Maguire
LEICESTER are braced for a £50m summer scrap for England star Harry Maguire.

And Maguire has shot to the top of Manchester United’s wish list after the defender’s eye-catching season.

Along with United, a host of other top Premier League clubs have also expressed an interest.

Tottenham and Arsenal are believed to have had £40m enquiries knocked back in the January transfer window.

Emirates Marketing Project are also ready to head-up any auction with United - as Star Sport revealed in February - for the ball-playing centre-half.

Maguire, 25, looks certain to be named in Gareth Southgate’s World Cup squad after impressing at Leicester following his £17m move from Hull last summer.

Foxes boss Claude Puel is desperate to hang on to Maguire and will have the full backing of the club’s Thai owners who are ready to play hardball over any moves for Maguire.

They are ready to dig in and resist all offers for one of their star players in the same way they pulled the rug under attempts to get Riyad Mahrez out of the club.

Mahrez threatened to go on strike when Emirates Marketing Project came calling but ended up hitting a roadblock as Leicester held out for £80m.

Now they face a similar situation over Maguire with suggestions that he could be on his way for £35m dismissed out of hand.

Leicester point to the £75m it took Liverpool to land Virgil van Dijk from Southampton as a barometer for what Maguire’s true value would be.

The Foxes are still interested in landing Jonny Evans from West Brom but that is with a view to replacing Wes Morgan and not Maguire.

Title-winning skipper Morgan is still a key member of Puel’s first team but, at 34, has limited shelf life.

Evans will leave The Hawthorns in the summer for a bargain £3m fee inserted in his contract in the event of the club’s relegation.

Arsenal, City and Leicester were all after the Northern Ireland defender back in January but eventually were scared off by the £25m valuation.

Former Manchester United defender Evans favours a move to newly-crowned champions City - and that could impact any move for Maguire.

He wants to stay in the north West which would scupper both Puel and Gunners’ boss Arsene Wenger’s hopes of striking a deal.

Why the fudge do decent clubs keep going for Evans!?

I would go for Paul Pogba... I think poch could make him brilliant again. But I understand wages etc would be a no go.

I think its hilarious.

£89m vanity buy doesnt work out. If only people pointed this out at the time, oh, wait!

He was never worth that much, never a Mourinho player, and never bought for footballing reasons. He was bought because other clubs were over shadowing Utd in the market and they wanted to be recognised again.

Funny as well that their "WORLD RECORD TRANSFER FEE" lasted all of 5 minutes before PSG doubled it (and then some).

How silly do they look now, especially as they are trying to move him on?

As it is, I think there is a very good player in there and one someone like Poch could work wonders with. Though I doubt it would ever happen.

Or a Modric

I think its hilarious.

£89m vanity buy doesnt work out. If only people pointed this out at the time, oh, wait!

He was never worth that much, never a Mourinho player, and never bought for footballing reasons. He was bought because other clubs were over shadowing Utd in the market and they wanted to be recognised again.

Funny as well that their "WORLD RECORD TRANSFER FEE" lasted all of 5 minutes before PSG doubled it (and then some).

How silly do they look now, especially as they are trying to move him on?

As it is, I think there is a very good player in there and one someone like Poch could work wonders with. Though I doubt it would ever happen.

Was immense for juve and the yoof at utd. Would say he is amazing at international level but I don't want to be "levelled" with sissoko.

Has everything in the locker to continue to be a great player. Mou has miss managed many more players before pogba

Was immense for juve and the yoof at utd. Would say he is amazing at international level but I don't want to be "levelled" with sissoko.

Has everything in the locker to continue to be a great player. Mou has miss managed many more players before pogba

He is clearly a quality player. Though, IMO, one how needs a fairly specific role/set up to really flourish at this time.

All things that were pointed out when they bought him. That and the fact Mourinho would be no good for him.

Ive no ill will toward Pogba, but I do enjoy this situation.

He is clearly a quality player. Though, IMO, one how needs a fairly specific role/set up to really flourish at this time.

All things that were pointed out when they bought him. That and the fact Mourinho would be no good for him.

Ive no ill will toward Pogba, but I do enjoy this situation.

What’s the role for him though?

Back