• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

We've renewed important players contracts and put them on good money though...

I dont understand why people use that as a reason for it being an acceptable transfer window. Signing new contracts are part of business as usual...they're not transfers. It just happens that we do a lot of this in the off-season. Should we say its been an ok transfer window because the stadium has been almost completed?

I dont understand why people use that as a reason for it being an acceptable transfer window. Signing new contracts are part of business as usual...they're not transfers. It just happens that we do a lot of this in the off-season. Should we say its been an ok transfer window because the stadium has been almost completed?

I don’t think anyone at the club will be happy with this window, we’ve shifted none of the useless dead wood and we’ve not brought anyone in.

It’s great we haven’t lost anyone. But that was never going to happen this window - Not even Levy is that stupid.

As it stands we are still going into the season with the same squad that won nothing last year but with a less fit Dembele and Questions over Toby and Rose playing at all

We needed 1/2 in.

Good to see i didnt miss any signings when i was out yesterday!

In fact with the Grealish news and now Rose potentially going, it could be argued we are further behind than on Tuesday.

Interesting........

maybe levy has done all the incoming deals but not saying anything until the selling teams get in replacements (fingers crossed )

I don’t think anyone at the club will be happy with this window, we’ve shifted none of the useless dead wood and we’ve not brought anyone in.

It’s great we haven’t lost anyone. But that was never going to happen this window - Not even Levy is that stupid.

As it stands we are still going into the season with the same squad that won nothing last year but with a less fit Dembele and Questions over Toby and Rose playing at all

We needed 1/2 in.

Plus question marks over Wanyama’s fitness and also about Winks’ return date.

I’m with you about the need for 1-2 in and sorting out some deadwood. However there seem to be a lot of people on here who think that zero activity in this window is actually ok.

Personally I think that our recent success has killed people into a false sense of security and we stand a real risk this season of poor transfer windows catching up with us

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Quick question - and trust me that's all it is...why would we not go for Mina? Sign Mina, sell Alderweireld? I also wonder if there are any legs at all to Rojo for Alderwiereld and money? I know where my money would be on who plays more games this season!!!! Unless Poch really has decided he believes in CCV...

Quick question - and trust me that's all it is...why would we not go for Mina? Sign Mina, sell Alderweireld? I also wonder if there are any legs at all to Rojo for Alderwiereld and money? I know where my money would be on who plays more games this season!!!! Unless Poch really has decided he believes in CCV...

I was shocked we didn’t go after Mina for 23 million.

Can be the back up striker as well.

Rojo is a donkey.

I did hear a football journalist who knows him better than i say that he isnt great at playing out from the back. Tho in fairness neither is Sanchez at times.

I was shocked we didn’t go after Mina for 23 million.

Can be the back up striker as well.

Rojo is a donkey.

The one thing with Rojo is he can play three positions including LB...oh, and I wonder if Poch would get extra out of him due to kinship??? Who knows, Nappy-nap time for me soon!

I did hear a football journalist who knows him better than i say that he isnt great at playing out from the back. Tho in fairness neither is Sanchez at times.

Ah I see, thanks and that makes sense then. I only knew him from the WC, not a great basis on which to judge any player whose agent is hawking them around!

That is correct, but we have others that can do that. He's a very competent defender, and also very good in the opposition box.

Back