• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I didn’t actually care to begin with but now i am getting a little frustrated. We are getting left behind by the other top 6 and if we do not get top 4 and do not compete for a trophy the transfer window next season could be a lot different. Not in a good way.

No its not, what most have said and you have ignored ( for your own agenda), most fans have said its difficult to sign players that are better then what we already have in the first team.

The first 11 play how many games together a season?

It’s a very simplistic view to have.

No its not, what most have said and you have ignored ( for your own agenda), most fans have said its difficult to sign players that are better then what we already have in the first team.

Do you think this window has been a success?

Given what the manager has asked for?

Early signings?

hqdefault.jpg

5704599_keep_calm_only_48_hrs_to_go.png

The first 11 play how many games together a season?

It’s a very simplistic view to have.

And its a very simplistic view to think getting better players then we already have is easy. Listen mate in a couple of days IF we sign no one you can rant as much as you want about Levy being this that and the other, after all that what happens to those who think Levy is " holding us back".

Fill your boots.

Genuine question - has anyone told Levy that the deadline's been changed?

I am earnestly scared that he's going to emerge from his sinister vampire tomb on the 31st of August like always, only to be told by his embarassed EA that the window ended three weeks ago.

Thats true but there is middle ground to the argument. If we want to improve and progress there are players out there which will progress us further, thats down to the club to work on how they can make that happen, its not that OTT to expect that from a company and people that are in the business.

On the flip side you look for rough gems and we have not looked likely to even uncover them which is probably one of my biggest worries along with the reliance on Kane.

And its a very simplistic view to think getting better players then we already have is easy. Listen mate in a couple of days IF we sign no one you can rant as much as you want about Levy being this that and the other, after all that what happens to those who think Levy is " holding us back".

Fill your boots.

I’m not ranting in the slightest

As I said I find it funny.

The manager has made it clear he wanted the players in early and he sounding more frustrated and annoyed as the days go by.

But how many games do you think our best 11 played together last year?

How do you judge a best 11 as no
One has flawless form all season

It doesn't matter who we sign now, however good or however last minute, whether they're deemed first teamers or just squad bolsterers.

...The bottom line is they're arriving TOO DAMN LATE!!!!

Poch wanted it done early. We have a problem starting slowly and that'll only be exacerbated this season after the WC. We needed time to bed any newbies into Poch's system and get them settled in.

Doesn't matter who arrives before the deadline, prepare yourselves for another slow start. We missed the boat on getting this sorted.
I now believe we are targeting players that actually fit straight into our system and style of play, rather than perhaps those with the potential to adapt to it given a bit of time.

Thats true but there is middle ground to the argument. If we want to improve and progress there are players out there which will progress us further, thats down to the club to work on how they can make that happen, its not that OTT to expect that from a company and people that are in the business.

On the flip side you look for rough gems and we have not looked likely to even uncover them which is probably one of my biggest worries along with the reliance on Kane.

Of course they are players out there who may help us improve, but that is the point i was making they are not easy to get. But we have all been through this debate before and all the explanations of how hard it is have been posted on many occasions.

The only thing i and others disagree with is that Levy is holding us back, will not spend the money, etc,etc etc. There are a few others who seem to think we have not tried, could not be bothered etc,etc.

As i said before its USUALLY the same posters who always come out at this time of the year no matter who/what we have done and slag Levy off.

I find it funny that we can’t complete the signing of a championship player.

There is a difference between refusing to over-pay for a player, and actually not being able to sign a player.

We could have had Grealish weeks ago, easily, if we were inclined to forget any semblance of value and have Villa bend us over.

As it is, we choose not to, hence its dragged out until a point where Villa want money and will talk sensibly.

Two very different things.

Genuine question - has anyone told Levy that the deadline's been changed?

I am earnestly scared that he's going to emerge from his sinister vampire tomb on the 31st of August like always, only to be told by his embarassed EA that the window ended three weeks ago.

wouldnt be surprised if he is on holiday at his home in Florida. Usually goes there this time of year

There is a difference between refusing to over-pay for a player, and actually not being able to sign a player.

We could have had Grealish weeks ago, easily, if we were inclined to forget any semblance of value and have Villa bend us over.

As it is, we choose not to, hence its dragged out until a point where Villa want money and will talk sensibly.

Two very different things.

IF (key point) we wanted him at a cheaper price the time to strike was before the take over.

Levy gambled and lost with the take over coming through.

Of course they are players out there who may help us improve, but that is the point i was making they are not easy to get. But we have all been through this debate before and all the explanations of how hard it is have been posted on many occasions.

The only thing i and others disagree with is that Levy is holding us back, will not spend the money, etc,etc etc. There are a few others who seem to think we have not tried, could not be bothered etc,etc.

As i said before its USUALLY the same posters who always come out at this time of the year no matter who/what we have done and slag Levy off.
Are you happy with how the window has gone?

It doesn't matter who we sign now, however good or however last minute, whether they're deemed first teamers or just squad bolsterers.

...The bottom line is they're arriving TOO DAMN LATE!!!!

Poch wanted it done early. We have a problem starting slowly and that'll only be exacerbated this season after the WC. We needed time to bed any newbies into Poch's system and get them settled in.

Doesn't matter who arrives before the deadline, prepare yourselves for another slow start. We missed the boat on getting this sorted.
I now believe we are targeting players that actually fit straight into our system and style of play, rather than perhaps those with the potential to adapt to it given a bit of time.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.sk...ms-slow-starts-and-harry-kanes-barron-augusts

Forgot to post this

IF (key point) we wanted him at a cheaper price the time to strike was before the take over.
When they were desperate for cash and hanging on for every penny? I doubt it. Especially as, with the ease at which the takeover happened - they probably knew cash was coming.

Levy gambled and lost with the take over coming through.
You dont know that. He may well come out of it with an excellent deal, for his patience/perseverance.

When they were desperate for cash and hanging on for every penny? I doubt it. Especially as, with the ease at which the takeover happened - they probably knew cash was coming.

You dont know that. He may well come out of it with an excellent deal, for his patience/perseverance.

If they were that desperate for the ££ they would have been more likely to sell

Now they feel like they can ask for more as they don’t have to.

I still think they may gamble of keeping him.

Seen a few

Do you think the manger is happy going into the season with those players as back up?

Rose aside, unless he has burnt all his bridges

I haven't seen a single person say we can't improve the squad and id go as far as to say there isn't a sane person in the land who thinks that the case.

Onomah was name-checked by Poch as being part of his plans at the beginning of the summer

For some reason he seems to like what Sissoko offers too

No reason to think Poch isn't happy with those two as options in the squad

Nkoudou Llorente and Janssen id imagine he wants to move on and id imagine he's frustrated that they are still here.

Do you think he'd be happy with marginal improvements to those players signed early in the summer or would he prefer to get his first choice targets, even if that means waiting till the end of the window?

@Legohamster - any response to my question? Seeings as i answered yours :)

Last edited:
Back