• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I mean, I guess they won't have to worry about him scoring against them.

On a serious note though, the situation with his military service would surely dissuade clubs from making a move for him. Any offer that comes in won't reflect his true worth for that very reason.

25, never made the national team?
Sounds unlikely to me, especially at that price.

Unless he is a late bloomer, like Vardy. (Although I'd question if Vardy could do it outsodo of Leicester)

So far the French players/market has not been successful for us in recent years

Capoue, Strambouli, Njie, Nkoudou, Sissoko, jury still out on Aurier and Moura

Plea and Bissouma and even Ndombele sound a bit meh too

NDombele sounds really exciting to me.

I liked Capoue, and he has done well at Watford.

While the Jury is out on Moura/Aurier Im actually quite a fan of both.

Sissoko was bought from the PL, doesnt apply.

Njie/Nkoudou were punts, no harm no foul type buys.

Stambouli obviously didnt work out, bit of a flop

Great summary. I thought Stambouli did fairly well for us, but we let him go a bit early. Probably lacked the pace though.

25, never made the national team?
Sounds unlikely to me, especially at that price.

Unless he is a late bloomer, like Vardy. (Although I'd question if Vardy could do it outsodo of Leicester)
He would fit our style of play much better than Jansen or Llorente IMO and we can probably sign him for about what we would sell those two for with a saving on wages too. A sensible signing for what is, in effect, a zero transfer fee net.

Can we stay away from the french league please. Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a lot of success a few years back but our transfer activity in that market has been dreadful. Lloris is the only good signing we have made in recent years isn't it?

Lets just go with the Bundesliga and leave France and Italy well alone.

Agree with all except Stambouli. I thought he looked decent, and was surprised Poch got rid of him so quickly. Also if youre putting N'Jie and N'Koudou as no harm no foul buys then surely the same applies to Stambouli who only cost approx 5m.....

Can we stay away from the french league please. Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a lot of success a few years back but our transfer activity in that market has been dreadful. Lloris is the only good signing we have made in recent years isn't it?

Lets just go with the Bundesliga and leave France and Italy well alone.

Judging by recent events, we should rather look to Allsvenskan, K League or Liga MX.

Back