• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

PARRETT JOINS GILLINGHAM

Gillingham have made Dean Parrett their second signing of the day following his move from AFC Wimbledon.

Parrett, whose career began at Spurs, has rejected new terms at the Dons to move to the Priestfield Stadium, where he has penned a two-year deal.

Remember when he and Bostock were the future?

When I saw the article I had to google his age - I couldnt believe hes only 24. For some reason thought he was around 30. Him and Toby could do their own Brylcreem ads together. Very good player, actually has a lot of skill. More I think about it, more I think he could be a good like for like with Dembele....
I think you guys are either massively overating Can or underrating Dembele?

I think you guys are either massively overating Can or underrating Dembele?
Certainly not underrating Dembele. Im saying Can is a very good player, and at 24 will improve. He is physical, more mobile than Dembele and like Dembele has skill - Ive seen him beat a player plenty of times. He wouldnt be a bad replacement at all for Dembele....

Can is average, shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 if we signed him. We need to be looking at higher calibre players now.

Yip. If Liverpool don't want to hang on to him then that suggests to me that we shouldn't want him either.

Emre Can is quality

As that article says, he's a long way from being like for like replacement for Dembele in terms of style. Who would you play in CM next to him? Dier or Wanyama would make for a very unexciting pairing

Yip. If Liverpool don't want to hang on to him then that suggests to me that we shouldn't want him either.

He isnt an attacker player, why would they want him? :D

I think he is one of those canny* buys. Can cover a few positions, would add continuity to the side.

Is an unassuming but quality player. The sort that means the rest of the team can tick along nicely.

EDIT* terrible pun not intended

Not really a direct replacement, but then who could possibly be?

However, very good player, versatile, and could really compliment the team and squad.
Exactly. We need to not get hung up on a newcomer being a 'direct' replacement for Moose. How can they be when we all agree Moose is a unique player with a unique skillset.

We adjust, we tinker and we form new partnerships that give us something good in other ways.

It's the same as the 'direct' replacement for Kane situation. We need to move on and realise that another Sonny type (Martial) is much more beneficial.

As for Moose, if he wants to stay and is available for 30/35 games out of 55/60, then id keep him around. When he's on it most opposition feel bossed by him.

Back