• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

If I had to read into it I would say he is briefing that if they dont let him go reasonably this summer he will sit it out and go for free.
I was also thinking about this earlier. My only worry here was the rule around the different registration rules for players under 24. Shaw will still be 23 when his contract at Man Utd expires and they will therefore retain his registration until either a fee is agreed with a new club or, if no fee can be agreed, a club signs him and allows the tribuneral to set the fee. The only saving grace here is that in order for the compensation rule to become active Man Utd would have to offer Shaw a new contract on at least equivalent terms to his existing one. I think that £15 million would probably be enough to get Shaw this summer if we really wanted him.

Lollerpool just signed Fabinho. I know I have advocated patience, but it really irks me they always manage an important early signing.

We've already got to the stage where Liverpool fans will be certain of winning the league next season, not even June yet.

I was also thinking about this earlier. My only worry here was the rule around the different registration rules for players under 24. Shaw will still be 23 when his contract at Man Utd expires and they will therefore retain his registration until either a fee is agreed with a new club or, if no fee can be agreed, a club signs him and allows the tribuneral to set the fee. The only saving grace here is that in order for the compensation rule to become active Man Utd would have to offer Shaw a new contract on at least equivalent terms to his existing one. I think that £15 million would probably be enough to get Shaw this summer if we really wanted him.

I think there are good alternatives out there

I know He was performed very well at Southampton under Poch but it was a long time ago

Right now we are more than ok with Rose and Davies.

The whole tribunal thing doesnt bother me. It will never be silly money.

Would I be right in thinking by going to tribunal they cant stand in his way at all? But its such a pain in the ass they would be more inclined to deal and get it done with...

The whole tribunal thing doesnt bother me. It will never be silly money.

Would I be right in thinking by going to tribunal they cant stand in his way at all? But its such a pain in the ass they would be more inclined to deal and get it done with...
Man Utd cannot stop Shaw from signing a contract with a new club. The tribuneral would then set the fee at some point after the player has signed for the new club. Typically clubs prefer to negotiate a price as opposed to letting it go to tribuneral, especially as there is a chance of the player signing for a club overseas and then the tribuneral fee being decided by the generic FIFA rules that are more prescriptive and result in far lower fees being payable (i.e. doing a Zekki Fryers).

Do they really though? Or are you just being a tad impatient and irrational?
Have I ever come across as impatient? If anything, I have always advocated patience. And I am not complaining about us. Just tinkled off that Lollerpool got business done early. Firmino, Salad, Mane were all signed by the end of June of their respective transfer years. I wouldn't have minded them sweating it out until early August aand still having holes to fill.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/barcelona-weigh-up-move-for-100m-spurs-star-as-griezmann-alternative

I know theres no credible source blah blah but still, not that left field....

Eriksen is far more comparable to Coutinho than Griezmann, so it makes little sense to me.

Man Utd cannot stop Shaw from signing a contract with a new club. The tribuneral would then set the fee at some point after the player has signed for the new club. Typically clubs prefer to negotiate a price as opposed to letting it go to tribuneral, especially as there is a chance of the player signing for a club overseas and then the tribuneral fee being decided by the generic FIFA rules that are more prescriptive and result in far lower fees being payable (i.e. doing a Zekki Fryers).

Pretty well what I thought then, it would be more prohibitive to them than us or the player, so could push them into selling.

Eriksen is far more comparable to Coutinho than Griezmann, so it makes little sense to me.
Of course. But Coutinho is versatile, they could both play in the same team no problem. There has been talk (I’d be shocked if it happened) that they were looking to sell Dembele. And besides that any link of Eriksen to Barca scares me because that’s one club I believe he would be interested in joining, and I couldn’t blame him....

I would.....he is 34 in Aug but easily has a couple of years left in him. A winner, strong character, already speaks a bit of English. Get him in.

I wouldnt, the change in gears from Serie A to Premiership would be too steep IMO.

As good as he is, its a lot to ask of him - and I dont know that he would make the step up.

Back