• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stub Hub and so the rip off begins !!!

In the US Stub Hub seems to have a reputation as the place to pick up bargains for various sporting events. I suppose over here with mental football fans queuing up to empty their wallets to watch the Prem is doesnt quite work like that.

In the US Stub Hub seems to have a reputation as the place to pick up bargains for various sporting events. I suppose over here with mental football fans queuing up to empty their wallets to watch the Prem is doesnt quite work like that.

not at Spurs certainly, but if you want to see West Ham (still taking out full page ad's in the standard 3 days before their first game) or Chelsea in the Champions League you could be onto a winner

I'm a season ticket holder and used the exchange system a couple of times, after first offering the ticket to friends and family, and it seem to work ok. This system does seem to push up the price for the big games but less popular games might be cheaper. I will not use now as I'm a pensioner and can only sell to a pensioner which limits the market. The real problem is the original price of football in this country, even with a greater capacity of the new stadium prices will not come down and a whole generation of fans will be priced out of seeing a game.

I'm glad that the Club are monitoring this, I really hope they keep a good eye on it. There is potential for a lot of bad feeling with this scheme.

It seems like the club is making money on this which pretty much feels like your gf cheating on you. I feel disgusted right now.

If I sold a ticket on stubhub (I wont) how does it work, does the person buying your ticket get a paper ticket or do you have to give them your ST ???

I find the announcement on the OS quite confusing.

We should like to thank those Season Ticket Holders who have listed their tickets at sensible pricing levels and would once again ask for pricing to stay at sensible levels when listing them for sale due to being unable to attend a match.

Surely when you sign up to a scheme like this there's no such thing as a sensible price. Only prices people we pay and won't pay. If they wanted to prevent fans being ripped off then why leave ticket exchange?

Season ticket holders got 75% back from ticket exchange? Why not give them 100% Would this have cost the club anything to administer? The club obviously have to pay tax on the ticket sales, would this mean it also has to pay tax on re-sale through the ticket exchange?

Just trying to figure out why Spurs think Stub Hub is a good idea on any level.

Season ticket holders got 75% back from ticket exchange? Why not give them 100% Would this have cost the club anything to administer? The club obviously have to pay tax on the ticket sales, would this mean it also has to pay tax on re-sale through the ticket exchange?

Just trying to figure out why Spurs think Stub Hub is a good idea on any level.

greed-money.jpg

“We shall continue to review and continue to encourage fans to sell at reasonable prices and the market will self-regulate on this anyway with tickets that are at unreasonable prices left unsold. We have had a strong stance against touting over a number of seasons (not just a few years ago) and will continue to do so in the future – this is in no way affected by having the deal with Stubhub in place, nor should the Stubhub ticket facility be confused with this practice.”

Then set the prices on Stubhub so they cannot go above ticket price then you twunts. Its a simple thing to do. Tell me why you cannot.

Its a simple request and would instantly stop the dismay regarding this situation.

Stub Hub / Ticketing

Bumped into quite a few angry fans today who had to queue for an hour to pick up their tickets from stub hub who are now in charge of ticket management at the club. Heard they were bit disorganised, hope they can sort themselves quickly!

Also, my friend put their season ticket up for sale for todays game and found out they take a cut of the sale of the ticket.. Just wondered if anyone else had any issues?

Read the t&c's. they take a cut from both the seller and buyer.. Basically a total of 25% on every sale. If you read the thread there will be more information.

Basically the club are forcing those that normally go the general sale route to take out memberships. There will be very little general sale this year.. Unless its Europa and Cat C. Imagine you go to five games.. The cost of membership is cheaper than the price hike by stubhub/club % cut and our own fans greed.

Question for everyone.. Is that members buy a seat for a friend new this year.. Never noticed it before.

Read the t&c's. they take a cut from both the seller and buyer.. Basically a total of 25% on every sale. If you read the thread there will be more information.

Basically the club are forcing those that normally go the general sale route to take out memberships. There will be very little general sale this year.. Unless its Europa and Cat C. Imagine you go to five games.. The cost of membership is cheaper than the price hike by stubhub/club % cut and our own fans greed.

Question for everyone.. Is that members buy a seat for a friend new this year.. Never noticed it before.

Been there as long as I can remember. Only possible the last day before General Sale IIRC.

Bumped into quite a few angry fans today who had to queue for an hour to pick up their tickets from stub hub who are now in charge of ticket management at the club. Heard they were bit disorganised, hope they can sort themselves out quickly!/QUOTE]

My young daughter and I were victim of that today.
A lot of fans hasn't received their new ST or membership card through post and old ones wouldn't scan, so there were hundreds of fans left queuing outside ticket office post-4pm to have paper tickets printed.
Needless to say there were some very disgruntled fans and a lot of abuse aimed at officials who were doing very little to placate everyone.
Most fans (myself included) managed to get into the ground intone for second half kick off, but it was a shambles!! Thought we were gonna see a repeat of Tottenham riots at one point!!!

At the game today I had never seen so many new faces around me.

Most of them were basically sold seats from ST Holders. You can argue that actually the stub hu method has meant that new fans can go to watch games at 'sensible' prices. Encouraging fans to come who wouldnt normally attend and able to get tickets is actually a good thing.

Back