• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stub Hub and so the rip off begins !!!

It'll be interesting to see what kind of effect this will have as season progresses.

Right from the off we all new it was a tinkle take....they can dress this shizzle any way they want it......

it's touting with the clubs blessing.......the ticket now costs more......the operator wants a cut.....the club wants a cut.......and there is only one person gonna be paying for it.

got too love a nice new 'commercial partner'

I'd never use this fudging system; it's completely immoral as far as I'm concerned. If I can't make a game, I know I'll always be able to find someone who'll appreciate the loan of my ST as a treat.

I think we should take on a policy of photo and shame those that are taking the royal

Starting right here. If you sit near these seats, take a photo and post it for the world to see.

Its right behind Levy too, so someone give him a larup too for this Stubhub brick

2vtbn6e.png

Last edited:
I noticed some seat numbers on sale for Norwich that had also been on sale for Swansea. Some people will have recovered the cost of their ST by the end of October!

I hope that this is specifically being monitored by the club.

YOu would like to think so but I bet they couldnt give 2 fudges

Thing is nobody is going to buy these tickets at these stupid prices so we will see a few empty seats at every game, wrong when so many would give their right arm to be at the lane

YOu would like to think so but I bet they couldnt give 2 fudges

Thing is nobody is going to buy these tickets at these stupid prices so we will see a few empty seats at every game, wrong when so many would give their right arm to be at the lane

Disagree. people with money who for example have clients over from the far east or the US wouldn't bat an eye lid at 2k for the sake of a multi million pound contract down the line.

as a long time member with young kids stub hub could actually benefit me, I can't commit to attending games on the on sale dates, a couple of days before is a different matter

I think the core of the idea is a good one, the issue here is surely the greed of those putting tickets on there

there's always been touts around the lane and I'm sure I'm not the only non season ticket holder to pay way over the odds to get into a big game, at least with stub hub I don't have to walk the streets of tottenham with a couple of hundred quid in my wallet

as a long time member with young kids stub hub could actually benefit me, I can't commit to attending games on the on sale dates, a couple of days before is a different matter

I think the core of the idea is a good one, the issue here is surely the greed of those putting tickets on there

there's always been touts around the lane and I'm sure I'm not the only non season ticket holder to pay way over the odds to get into a big game, at least with stub hub I don't have to walk the streets of tottenham with a couple of hundred quid in my wallet

Did the ticket exchange not benefit you in the same way?

Been having a think about this and the criticism of stubhub on the forums and at the ground on saturday is really misguided.

StubHub are not selling anything. They are just providing a facility (ie marketplace) for supporters to re-sell their tickets. Yes they take a commission but they're a business after all.

The season ticket holders ramping the price, and the club, who replaced a perfectly good system that everyone was happy with, are the enemy here.

If people sell concert tickets at inflated prices on ebay (yes i'm aware stubhub is ebay), i never think ebay are taking the p*ss, its obviously the sellers (in whatever guise) that are profiteering.

And don't forget we are one of a very few stadiums where tickets will be at a premium, most other grounds would work in the game goers favour with tickets below face value.

Did the ticket exchange not benefit you in the same way?

never used it to be honest, although was that not season ticket holders selling their seat back to the club to sell at standard prices?

assuming that was the case I guess tickets for the "big games" would have gone quite quickly after being added to available seating, the advantage of stub hub is that if you are willing to pay a bit more it increases your chances

Been having a think about this and the criticism of stubhub on the forums and at the ground on saturday is really misguided.

StubHub are not selling anything. They are just providing a facility (ie marketplace) for supporters to re-sell their tickets. Yes they take a commission but they're a business after all.

The season ticket holders ramping the price, and the club, who replaced a perfectly good system that everyone was happy with, are the enemy here.

If people sell concert tickets at inflated prices on ebay (yes i'm aware stubhub is ebay), i never think ebay are taking the p*ss, its obviously the sellers (in whatever guise) that are profiteering.

And don't forget we are one of a very few stadiums where tickets will be at a premium, most other grounds would work in the game goers favour with tickets below face value.

That's a fairly simplistic way of looking at things. Taking out the fact that people will always look to make money off each other the base system stinks. Stub hub gets something like 12% of the sale and then the seller has to also give them a slice. So to just make back face value the ticket has to be sold at at least 25% above face value to start with.

But of course that is not where it stops. From this point sellers will try to fleece as much as possible. There is a high demand for our tickets due to the nature of our stadium and this is just legal touting.its already way too expensive for most people to afford to go to games and for the casual fan this makes and possible last min buy horrendous.

But who cares about the casual fan eh? Well we should because casual fans can become loyal followers and we will need them we when we have a stadium that we can't fill.

Stub hub is a nasty little company running inside loopholes in the US. I have been to quite a few games in the US and they have waves and waves of empty seats as people could not afford to buy from stub hub and season ticket renters don't go.

This will just promote the idea of never giving up a season ticket to a loyal fan who wants one as you can just keep it, noit go and makes a profit with ease. For all those on the waiting lust this is a kick in the teeth and you better hope we build a new stadium fast.

The real question is just what are THFC getting out of this to allow this to happen? A slice of the pie? Surely its not big enough to warrant alienating large sections of fans? Or where they saving money by not having to pay to run their own ticket system? Either way it stinks and we just take it. I don't normally get irate about too much that we cannot control, but this takes the tinkle and something needs to be organised and questions put to the club about why they allowed this to happen.

Was told not one ticket available at general sale for Chelsea game yesterday. :-k

Don't know if there normally is but I remember Man Utd going to GS last season.

Lol, tickets for the Chelsea game are insane already.

How the hell does the partnership with Stub Hub benefit the club? I understand how Stub Hub is making money here but how does the club make money in this case as they have already sold these tickets to season ticket holders. Unless Stub Hub pays commission to the club, but I can't logically figure out what that would be for.

Last edited:
The real question is just what are THFC getting out of this to allow this to happen? A slice of the pie? Surely its not big enough to warrant alienating large sections of fans? Or where they saving money by not having to pay to run their own ticket system? Either way it stinks and we just take it. I don't normally get irate about too much that we cannot control, but this takes the tinkle and something needs to be organised and questions put to the club about why they allowed this to happen.

My thoughts exactly. And IMO whatever it is, I'm surprised they've judged it to be worth the (entirely predictable) large scale ill-will this has caused among our core support, even given the club's well-known lack of regard for loyal fans. They really are pushing their luck with this one, for what I imagine is fairly small-fry reward.

Back