• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stub Hub and so the rip off begins !!!

At the game today I had never seen so many new faces around me.

Most of them were basically sold seats from ST Holders. You can argue that actually the stub hu method has meant that new fans can go to watch games at 'sensible' prices. Encouraging fans to come who wouldnt normally attend and able to get tickets is actually a good thing.

They could do under the previous method though but now the price is a premium.

Been there as long as I can remember. Only possible the last day before General Sale IIRC.

Well there you go.. talk about blinkered. I buy General sale about 4 times a year for people I know and never noticed it before, or I had noticed and just focused on the GS part.

They could do under the previous method though but now the price is a premium.

Yeah but what dettered spurs fans in the first place was either a) only getting a certain percentage back or b) Only members could get the tickets or something to that effect.

I think, and someone can correct me if im wrong as im unsure of the Ts and Cs but, anyone can buy tickets off stub hub (non members and members) akin to a free market

this just shows the hypocrisy of the fans when they accuse the club of trying to exploit their love for the club.

You can argue that actually the stub hu method has meant that new fans can go to watch games at 'sensible' prices. Encouraging fans to come who wouldnt normally attend and able to get tickets is actually a good thing.

I fail to see how this wasn't the case previously? The only difference I can detect is the ability to price tickets at other than face value.

How the **** was something like Stub Hub ever allowed to even start? When did touting suddenly become legal? I know we are in times of recession but must it really have to mean that the powers that be turn a blind eye to everything? It appears everything connected with sport, where money is involved is turning rapidly to sh1t.

Back