• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Caulker

Under Armour UK @UnderArmourUK

@stevencaulker91 Congrats on your new deal Steven.

A little off topic but...

Think going with UA could be an excellent choice for the club especially here in the states. UA is constantly bringing cutting edge stuff in equipment/design and they really know how to publicize (Backing the club/players via twitter is an excellent move.. Never saw puma do this). They make some good stuff too (I've got 4-5 polos and 6-7 performance shirts).

Hoping there's an outside chance I'll be able to buy Spurs shirts in UA stores across America. This would be tremendous in growing the Spurs brand.

Think going with UA could be an excellent choice for the club especially here in the states. UA is constantly bringing cutting edge stuff in equipment/design and they really know how to publicize (Backing the club/players via twitter is an excellent move.. Never saw puma do this). They make some good stuff too (I've got 4-5 polos and 6-7 performance shirts).

Hoping there's an outside chance I'll be able to buy Spurs shirts in UA stores across America. This would be tremendous in growing the Spurs brand.

Agreed.

Spurs and UA will be a very good fit, I think (no pun intended).

Very hands on approach, from a marketing point of view they really have got their fingers on the pulse it would seem.

Good news, but never really doubted that this would happen sooner rather than later.

I think he will fit in very well under AVB and hoping he will be deemed good enough to get enough games for us this season that he won't be going out on loan.

If we're looking at Jan, Kaboom and Caulker as our main 3 CB's for next season, that is a seriously fudging elegant and cultured trio of players for that position. Caulks is probably No.3 in that ménage at the moment, but I reckon he's good enough to be pushing Kaboom hard for the starting spot beside Verts at SJP.

BTW, when people talk about Levy being DoF and say he's behind the signing of Siggs rather than AVB I think they are wrong - instead, it is "signings" like Caulker that are far, far more likely to be insisted upon by Levy. AVB would not put up with Levy making first-team/incoming signings above his head, but I'd say he'd have no problem with the Chairman tying down young players with big potential - after all, it's no skin off AVB's nose and from Levy's perspective is as much an economic investment as a footballing one. If Levy were the main driver behind Caulk's new contract that would make a hell of a lot of sense.

Good news, but never really doubted that this would happen sooner rather than later.

I think he will fit in very well under AVB and hoping he will be deemed good enough to get enough games for us this season that he won't be going out on loan.

Do you think he is ready to play a role in a top for challenging side? Im not sure myself.

Saw a bit of him at Swansea last season, and while he never looked like he did anything wrong (and certainly looked composed on the ball) he also never looked like he had ownership of the situation. He was looking like he needed to be lead all the time, looking over his shoulder to Williams for guidance...

I think at this point I might prefer another season (or half season, see how he does) on loan to see if he can mature his game a bit and take ownership more before blooding him into our side...

Do you think he is ready to play a role in a top for challenging side? Im not sure myself.

Saw a bit of him at Swansea last season, and while he never looked like he did anything wrong (and certainly looked composed on the ball) he also never looked like he had ownership of the situation. He was looking like he needed to be lead all the time, looking over his shoulder to Williams for guidance...

I think at this point I might prefer another season (or half season, see how he does) on loan to see if he can mature his game a bit and take ownership more before blooding him into our side...

I'm not expecting him to be first choice. If we sign Vertonghen I'm expecting Kaboul and Vertonghen to be first choice, at least if the rumours about Gallas are true as well.

However, with the EL games and at least one Carling Cup game he should get at least 7 games before Christmas even without getting games in the league, most likely he will get some games there as well. I think he is good enough to be a squad player for us this coming season and I wouldn't expect that we signed someone better than him, but worse than Kaboul/Vertonghen to be that squad player.

I guess we could give him to Christmas, give him those games and see how he goes.

However, I believe for his development he really should be playing regularly, but at this point I have reservations about him playing regular football for us.

He is young, it seems clear he will be quality - but that doesnt mean he is good enough just yet.

And as a "squad unit" I think its even more risky, defenders need games to find their rhythm, playing them sporadically can be damaging IMO - especially if we can maybe get him premier league football every week elsewhere.

I would like to see him grow this season, to be in regular contention next.

Well, thats not entirely true, I would like him to be good enough for regular games now! I just dont think he is ready yet...

He has been told he's 3rd choice next season. Hardly earth shattering news but still. Good news on the contract.

I guess we could give him to Christmas, give him those games and see how he goes.

However, I believe for his development he really should be playing regularly, but at this point I have reservations about him playing regular football for us.

He is young, it seems clear he will be quality - but that doesnt mean he is good enough just yet.

And as a "squad unit" I think its even more risky, defenders need games to find their rhythm, playing them sporadically can be damaging IMO - especially if we can maybe get him premier league football every week elsewhere.

I would like to see him grow this season, to be in regular contention next.

Well, thats not entirely true, I would like him to be good enough for regular games now! I just dont think he is ready yet...

I'm not sure if he's ready either. More hoping that he is.

While players do need games to develop it also depends who would take him on a loan deal and play him regularly. If Rodgers was still at Swansea I would be happy to see him go there again because they would play a similar style to AVB and he would be developing well, but in general I would rather see him develop under our manager and our coaches to fit our system.

How do you propose we develop him?

If we can only 'afford' to offer him EL/cup games then what development will he get improved upon regular premiership games?

Swanseas style is fairly well established, I wouldnt mind him going back there for a year.

In truth I wouldnt mind him playing a season in a flat 442 - he can adapt to our system (and is obviously well suited) anytime - Im looking for the authority that comes with experience first...

I'm assuming AVB and the coaches do stuff on the training ground to improve our players.

He would also be training with and against better players and when he does get to play he would be playing for us. Defending for a big club that often dominate games and where a large portion of the defending you have to do is against counter attacks when there is space around you is different from defending for a lower half side that sits back a lot and the centre halves are rarely dragged out of position in their organized backline. There is also a different pressure at a bigger club I believe.

We'll just have to wait and see what AVB wants and how it works out though :)

Back