• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steffen Freund new International Technical Coordinator

Let me ask you a question, do you EVER have anything positive to say about our club, or are you just a wum??

ohhh fcuk off i say plenty of positive things

it was merely an observation, slightly jokey, and actually true at the moment.

Get off your fcuking high horse and enjoy the day ahead

Freund will provide a great link between AVB and the players...i dont think Spurs could have made a better choice from this point of view

welcome back Steffen

Good motivator, knows the club - happy with the choice

When AVB was appointed I was very happy on a technical level, but I kind of worried about his ability to motivate players (this is based on nothing really other than a hunch, so could be way off). The appointment of Freund makes me feel a lot happy about this factor now.

getpicviw.php

Typical response from someone who has been called out and found out and doesn't like it, you think that using foul language is an appropriate? No need for it, my 9 year old Spurs mad son reads this board. Time for you to grow up a bit .

show me where ive been negative then. Go on, dig up all the quotes since you seem to be such an expert

I dont like it because i dont believe it to be true.

I think your son needs to learn that its not right to accuse someone of something when its not true. He needs to learn that its not big to attack people from the safe position behind a keyboard.

Time for me to grow up a bit????? hahahaha you wouldnt dare say it to my face:lol:...have a nice day ahead keyboard warrior

Talksport just having a discussion about whether our players, such as Bale, would have known who Steffen Freund is. As if he is someone we've brought in from the 1930s or something.

Remember a story he said on soccer am,can't remember which semi final it was but he turned up in his spurs shirt with his son and sat amongst all the spurs fans giving his all,a true yid.

Can see him going around all the players before they go out to face the goons,jeeing them up in german,lol.

Freund used to be seen a fair bit at games (after he left) in his spurs gear didn't he?

freund.jpg
freund1sm.jpg

mefreund2sm.jpg

from Spurs Odyssey..............

As promised here is some more detail on the presence of ex-Spur Steffen Freund in amongst the Spurs away support at Old Trafford yesterday (22nd October, 2005)

Around the time of kick-off, I received a text from my friend Bruce Lewis, who said that Freund was indeed in the front row of the Spurs section, behind a THFC flag, proudly wearing more Spurs kit than probably any other away fan!

I had a look, and actually thought it must be a look-alike, and did not confirm till half time that indeed it was our former hero Steffen Freund himself!

I thought I would do the decent thing, and went to introduce myself. By this time Freund was being approached from all sides, and his young son was doing an efficient job of drawing his Dad's attention to others who would like a word, picture and/or autograph.

Steffen was wearing his Hewlett-Packard Spurs shirt, from the 1999 Worthington Cup Final, which had been signed, I assume by his team-mates from that day. He told me that his son was a Man Utd supporter, and that he decided he would bring him the the game, but insisted he would have to sit in the Spurs section. Steffen also told me he was now a retired player.

I told Steffen how much he was loved, and that I had even seen him score at Stevenage! Steffen remembered that (I'm not sure the ball went over the line by the way!) and wanted me to make sure I told everyone about it! This I am happy to do, and would remind you that all reports on Freund's games are available via the Archive and Features section. (Check out Features for the Worthington Cup Final special)

By the end of the game, word had got round and as we all lingered to savour the great result, the Spurs crowd started the "I love Steffen Freund" chant, and Steffen responded, as can be seen in one of the above pictures.

I am grateful to Bruce and Elaine Lewis for the picture of Elaine with Steffen, and to David Fuller and Gerry Taylor for the other three shots, one of which shows the back of your webmaster in conversation with the man himself.

I am told that Ralph Coates was also in amongst the Spurs contingent too, and I remember that a year or two ago my son saw John Gorman in the crowd, so it's great to know that former stars keep wanting to come back for more of their Spurs - just like us!

so when he coached Germany youths, was that after the new Klinsmann/Lowe overhaul? has he coached anyone that turned out good?

Effectively during the German youth revolution: from wiki

On 1 September 2007, Freund was appointed assistant head-coach of the German U-20 team. On 5 December 2007, he was named as a new assistant to Nigeria coach Berti Vogts for the time of the African Nations Cup. He then resumed his work as assistant to German U20-manager Frank Engel. In May 2009 he finished his coaching badges and on 17 July 2009 he was appointed manager of the German U-16 team signing a two-year contract.[2] A year later he began managing the German U-17 team leading them to a runners up medal at the 2011 UEFA European U-17 Football Championship and a third place at the World Cup in Mexico. He then started working with the new generation of U-16 players. On 11 July 2012, Freund was appointed assistant head coach of Tottenham Hotspur.[3]

Back