• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Star Sign - Is that who you are??

Do me a favour lads, you think one-twelfth of the whole population of earth are a certain way because they were born in May or whatever?

Anyone could say they are diplomatic, sensitive and a flirt. Or fiery, or indecisive, or whatever other trait... it's total crap man.

It's the same as saying people born on a Monday are all the same, just plain rubbish, and 'some' cases does not prove the case for all.

I had similar reactions to this before, but now i'm starting to convert fully to the this..

Seriously, It just seems to happen that i get on well with Gemini's & Librans. Scorpios are
very feisty and revengeful people. My younger brother and parents are scorpios and i have none of their traits

My other brother is Aquarius and we get on well, my ex was a Virgo and we clashed.

If Virgos get on well with anyone it is scorpios - (this is fact as benitez would say)!

Last edited:
Its a bit like:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Christianity makes as much sense as Astrology.

I had similar reactions to this before, but now i'm starting to convert fully to the this..

Seriously, It just seems to happen that i get on well with Gemini's & Librans. Scorpios are
very feisty and revengeful people. My younger brother and parents are scorpios and i have none of their traits

My other brother is Aquarius and we get on well, my ex was a Virgo and we clashed.

If Virgos get on well with anyone it is scorpios - (this is fact as benitez would say)!

So based on what you're saying you should be able to pick out what sign people are after talking to them for a while without knowing anything about their birthday more often than one out of twelve.

This is very easy to test, and you can win yourself a million dollars in the process. Look up James Randi million dollar challenge. I will continue to have my doubts about this until someone actually manages to do this, so far no one has been able to turn the impressions you talk of into reliable predictions.

I'm thinking 3 things:

1. Confirmation bias. You simply pay more attention to the hits than the misses.

2. Hindsight bias. You retrofit what you think you would have thought about someone after getting information about their birth date.

3. Self fulfilling prophecies. When hearing about what sign someone is your preconceived notions about them make you pick up on their behaviour in a biased way and influence their behaviour by your idea of how you think they should act.

All of these are well documented effects found in just about all people.

Its a bit like:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Christianity makes as much sense as Astrology.

I agree, however if the best case for something is that it makes as much sense as Christianity that's a pretty weak argument in my book (and I'm guessing yours as well) :)

So based on what you're saying you should be able to pick out what sign people are after talking to them for a while without knowing anything about their birthday more often than one out of twelve.

This is very easy to test, and you can win yourself a million dollars in the process. Look up James Randi million dollar challenge. I will continue to have my doubts about this until someone actually manages to do this, so far no one has been able to turn the impressions you talk of into reliable predictions.

I'm thinking 3 things:

1. Confirmation bias. You simply pay more attention to the hits than the misses.

2. Hindsight bias. You retrofit what you think you would have thought about someone after getting information about their birth date.

3. Self fulfilling prophecies. When hearing about what sign someone is your preconceived notions about them make you pick up on their behaviour in a biased way and influence their behaviour by your idea of how you think they should act.

All of these are well documented effects found in just about all people.

I agree, however if the best case for something is that it makes as much sense as Christianity that's a pretty weak argument in my book (and I'm guessing yours as well) :)

Will come back to your response but i just want to add that when i moved
at work and the person I sat opposite i was so sure she was a virgo and was correct. I did blurt out that i'm finished:) and she said she wasn't a typical virgo ha! she is because i guessed she was...obvious

Will come back to your response but i just want to add that when i moved
at work and the person I sat opposite i was so sure she was a virgo and was correct. I did blurt out that i'm finished:) and she said she wasn't a typical virgo ha! she is because i guessed she was...obvious

Could you explain what you think the mechanism is for bestowing traits on a person based on the month they are born in?

The month is defined by the Earth's rotation around the Sun, and the stars which create "signs" are on average several thousand/million light years away from each other. Our personalities are defined by electrical impulses in our brains and also how we were raised by other humans. Now, please explain the mechanism which connects these things. You have 2 choices of information transmission: electromagnetic and gravitational (weak and strong forces are not long-ranged enough). Or of course, you could have discovered a new form of radiation, but then you'd be due a nobel prize, so go ahead!

Could you explain what you think the mechanism is for bestowing traits on a person based on the month they are born in?

The month is defined by the Earth's rotation around the Sun, and the stars which create "signs" are on average several thousand/million light years away from each other. Our personalities are defined by electrical impulses in our brains and also how we were raised by other humans. Now, please explain the mechanism which connects these things. You have 2 choices of information transmission: electromagnetic and gravitational (weak and strong forces are not long-ranged enough). Or of course, you could have discovered a new form of radiation, but then you'd be due a nobel prize, so go ahead!

Simples... Magic :)

The Hicks field? It permeates the universe and its interactions give mass in an unknown way. Perhaps the mass comes with attitude.

Back