• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs vs. Aston Villa - ratings..

No, I didn't say that I didn't mind us failing. You're twisting words now, trying to get an argument.

I said that irrespective of how well we do, I'll always support us. That does not mean that I don't want us to be successful. I'm not going to bother going beyond that point with you because you're clearly just baiting people and it's questionable whether you really support Spurs.

It was a very good result, but not a great performance. Solid until the 2nd goal, after that we grew in confidence.

We have been here before. Yes we are not terrible and comfortably top 8 . Offensively we have not been convincing , hence our relatively poor goal difference.

We have a minimum top 4 requirement this year. Is Townsend a top 4 player? No I would say , not at atm and unlikely ever to be IMO. Is Townsend a decent player ? Yes.

So if you want to be top 8 or even 5 always finish behind Arsenal and Chelsea, Townsend is good enough for you.[/QUOTE]

I agree that player for player we are probably not yet up there with Arsenal, Chelsea and City, but I think you are still being harsh on Townsend. He is not the reason we will not finish top 4 if that is to happen. Imo we need a top quality LB and obviously an Ade type striker who performs consistently. Townsend is not Eden Hazard but he is certainly the best prospect we have produced in years, has been consistently good and deserves the plaudits he is getting.

BTW 0 for the cnut who let off the flare.

Would not be the sole reason, he has been ok, but does not deserve the plaudits he has been getting.

Look at the difference between him and Ramsey. Think back to the transfer window and the type of players we were hoping we would get to replace Bale.

It's great that he is home grown and free, but ultimately that does not make him good enough .

He is playing in a very dynamic position, we need our wide players to contribute with goals and assists . Lennon a good fluent hard working player, who did contribute other things, on balance has not really got enough goals and assists .

How many will Townsend get? If he got say 3 of each, would you then agree he was not good enough?

It was a very good result, but not a great performance. Solid until the 2nd goal, after that we grew in confidence.

We have been here before. Yes we are not terrible and comfortably top 8 . Offensively we have not been convincing , hence our relatively poor goal difference.

We have a minimum top 4 requirement this year. Is Townsend a top 4 player? No I would say , not at atm and unlikely ever to be IMO. Is Townsend a decent player ? Yes.

So if you want to be top 8 or even 5 always finish behind Arsenal and Chelsea, Townsend is good enough for you.[/QUOTE]

I agree that player for player we are probably not yet up there with Arsenal, Chelsea and City, but I think you are still being harsh on Townsend. He is not the reason we will not finish top 4 if that is to happen. Imo we need a top quality LB and obviously an Ade type striker who performs consistently. Townsend is not Eden Hazard but he is certainly the best prospect we have produced in years, has been consistently good and deserves the plaudits he is getting.

BTW 0 for the cnut who let off the flare.

H

Would not be the sole reason, he has been ok, but does not deserve the plaudits he has been getting.

Look at the difference between him and Ramsey. Think back to the transfer window and the type of players we were hoping we would get to replace Bale.

It's great that he is home grown and free, but ultimately that does not make him good enough .

He is playing in a very dynamic position, we need our wide players to contribute with goals and assists . Lennon a good fluent hard working player, who did contribute other things, on balance has not really got enough goals and assists .

How many will Townsend get? If he got say 3 of each, would you then agree he was not good enough?

BTW Modric used to get few of each but was feted like a GHod on here. What I saw today was that Townsend was direct , worked hard, put balls into the danger area several times including one that resulted in a goal. I cannot ask for more. Like I said there are other pressing areas that I am more worried about.

No, I didn't say that I didn't mind us failing. You're twisting words now, trying to get an argument.

I said that irrespective of how well we do, I'll always support us. That does not mean that I don't want us to be successful. I'm not going to bother going beyond that point with you because you're clearly just baiting people and it's questionable whether you really support Spurs.

You have not really said anything constructive. Other than " you are very critical, therefore you don't support Spurs" , difficult to argue with that sort of logic

Fine he supports and the club so do you. You don't mind where we come, you don't mind that we don't win anything anymore, you don't mind that Arsenal always finish above us, no matter how much we spend compared to them.

Not really sure what that proves. You are easily pleased , the bar is low is low for you. Aim high is supposed to be our motto. The real fans do.

Saying that whilst quoting a post that explicitly states "we want to be successful as a club" makes you look like you struggle either with reading comprehension or basic reasoning.

If you are in fact sincere and you're not a troll please think about how you ended up accusing fellow Spurs fans of not being real fans in a discussion about us winning 2-0 away from home. Aim high?

[/B]

BTW Modric used to get few of each but was feted like a GHod on here. What I saw today was that Townsend was direct , worked hard, put balls into the danger area several times including one that resulted in a goal. I cannot ask for more. Like I said there are other pressing areas that I am more worried about.

Modric played in a deeper position and added fluency, but I get your point.

If he gets goals and assists I will be very happy . Just disappointed Lamela is not getting a look in. When he does start, he may try too hard and it could slip away for him.

Can we really afford that?

Strange start to the season in many ways for us.

Do you really just make things up? I don't see where you got that sentence of mine that you quoted.

I think you asked what kind of fan Milo was to be satisfied with success. I answered that question, you twisted my words. I corrected you, after you insinuated that I didn't want our side to be successful. You now come up with a quote that you've pulled out of nowhere.

You're right, forget arguing, it's impossible to have a discussion with you when you just twist words and make things up.

Saying that whilst quoting a post that explicitly states "we want to be successful as a club" makes you look like you struggle either with reading comprehension or basic reasoning.

If you are in fact sincere and you're not a troll please think about how you ended up accusing fellow Spurs fans of not being real fans in a discussion about us winning 2-0 away from home. Aim high?

I was paraphrasing and using his logic that if you are critical and want more than 5th, you can't be a real fan. [ paraphrasing again ]

His original point about me not being a real fan was silly, I was replying in kind.

Last edited:
Modric played in a deeper position and added fluency, but I get your point.

If he gets goals and assists I will be very happy . Just disappointed Lamela is not getting a look in. When he does start, he may try too hard and it could slip away for him.

Can we really afford that?

Strange start to the season in many ways for us.

I will admit I have not seen enough of Lamela to make any sort of reasonable assessment of him. I have liked his touch and technique but he doesn't look ready yet certainly not ready to take townsend's place. I must admit I was concerned when we spent 26million on him and we were also looking at Pjanic and derossi. Roma had those 2 and Lamela but have not even qualified for Europa League football. But I trust our scouts and baldini all of whom will know more about the player than me .

Last edited:
Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 6
Chiricheș 6
Vertonghen 7
Paulinho 7
Sandro 8
Townsend 8
Holtby 5
Sigurðsson 5
Soldado 7

Lennon 7
Dembele 7
Defoe 6

I was paraphrasing and using his logic,that if you are critical and want more than 5th, you can't be a real fan. [ paraphrasing again ]

His original point about me not being a real fan was silly, I was replying in kind.

I think we have different definitions for the word paraphrasing. Either that or logic, could be both.

We might also understand time differently though as it seems to me your "What sort of fan are you?" was quoted by El G, was higher up the page than his post and thus seems likely to me to have happened before.

But nevermind, was just a friendly piece of advice suggesting that you took a minute to think about how you ended up in this latest unpleasant discussion. Feel free to just blame everyone else, I'm sure you're always the victim and that it's never your fault. Best of luck with that.

Starting lineup:

Walker, Dawson & Sigurdsson - 6.5
Lloris, Chiriches, Vertonghen & Holtby - 7.0
Soldado & Paulinho 7.5
Townsend 8.0
Sandro 8.5 (MotM)

Subs:

Defoe 6.0
Lennon & Dembele 6.5

AVB 7.5

Fans 7.5 (-0.5 for the flare!)

I was paraphrasing and using his logic that if you are critical and want more than 5th, you can't be a real fan. [ paraphrasing again ]

Colin, what is your best Spurs memory?
Tell us about your favourite Spurs player.

Well done to AVB for deciding to go for the change up, and agreed with the subs.

Soldado for me highlighted our big issue, he was perfect in a 1:1 with keeper, we just don't get him into that position enough, that's the issue we have to solve.

Townsend took a lot of pressure off us, constant outlet, a couple of better runs into the box by other players would have killed off the game a bit earlier.

2-0, away from home, job done.

Well done to AVB for deciding to go for the change up, and agreed with the subs.

Soldado for me highlighted our big issue, he was perfect in a 1:1 with keeper, we just don't get him into that position enough, that's the issue we have to solve.

Townsend took a lot of pressure off us, constant outlet, a couple of better runs into the box by other players would have killed off the game a bit earlier.

2-0, away from home, job done.

Yep, agreed. Hopefully Eriksen comes back strong after having this reminder that there is no automatic place at our club now.

Considering it was an away game, and Villa are no mug team, I would give the whole side a 7 out of 10, with Townsend getting a 7.5.

We haven't really clicked yet this season, and we have still made an excellent start. Gives me a lot of hope.

I think we have different definitions for the word paraphrasing. Either that or logic, could be both.

We might also understand time differently though as it seems to me your "What sort of fan are you?" was quoted by El G, was higher up the page than his post and thus seems likely to me to have happened before.

But nevermind, was just a friendly piece of advice suggesting that you took a minute to think about how you ended up in this latest unpleasant discussion. Feel free to just blame everyone else, I'm sure you're always the victim and that it's never your fault. Best of luck with that.

Look up paraphrasing in a dictionary then we will both have the same definition .

Not sure the relevance of your first point.

In summary - it is silly to suggest someone is not a fan if they are critical or even ultra critical. I responded to that. That is how the chronologically of the posts went

But when did someone suggest that someone is not a fan because they're critical? You tried saying that it was me that said that first, whose your next suspect in this pointless charade?

How did Dawson and Chirches get on vs Benteke when he came on? I know we kept a clean sheet, just wondering if there were any pointers as to how we (especially Chriches) could/would cope against the likes of Negredo, Lambert, Lukaku etc.

Back