• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

mood-clipart-yellow-neutral-face-md.png

Great energy, threat, well taken goal

Eriksen feeding either him or Kane could be hard to defend against

Nice to have a player that runs at the defence with genuine speed. His ability to use both feet also makes him so difficult to defend against.

Reminds me of Kaka when he was at his best, the drive in his runs, great ball control and his dribbling and shooting with both feets.

Pochettino has been delighted with the way his £22million man has settled in. “He scored twice in midweek and the winner here,” he said. “The performance and energy he showed is amazing. I am very happy with him. “The way we play, we dominated the game, created more chances and had more of the ball. Pochettino admits he had been following Son for a long time and that he has settled into the dressing room really well, including bringing Korean food in for everyone to try. “Son is a player we followed for a long time. A player who can play nine, ten or seven and eight,” he said. “You know when you sign a player the expectation is big, but we are happy. “He has settled very well. A player who is very friendly and after one week, he cooked us Korean food. It was lovely. “His character is to run a lot. When I said I wanted to sign him it was because he is a profile you always like. High energy and tempo.”

Regarding comments from some of the more learned posters about his recent form in Germany....

It's a nice change to have someone come in and reverse their form for the positive!

Fast and able with both feet (and not running head down...yes I'm looking at you Andros) is a very special thing to have in the team.

Delle Alli looked like he loved the food, even used chopsticks......i see him and Son getting on well on and off the pitch, i thought their link up play for Son's second goal was epic. Alli said as much himself
Speaking to the Evening Standard, the midfielder said: "We think the same way and you can see that on the training pitch. It's really good to have that natural chemistry with someone.
"We've had the understanding from the start. Son is a really good guy and very easy to get along with," said the England under-21 international.
Agreed, they seem to have 'clicked' on and off the pitch. Exciting times ahead.

This is great. In Son, Alli, Kane, and to a lesser extent Mason, and Lamela (on his good days) we have 5 potential game changers!

Love the guy already. Seems like such a happy character - and is a quality player as well.

Very good game today, well taken goal too. Like that he's always looking for an opportunity to shoot (though I can see the potential for frustration too), something I think we've been lacking at times.

Back