• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I like him. Racking up the goals for Tottenham. Already scored more than VDV in less starts, level with Lennon and only 2 less than Gazza got

I love him, but he never fails to drive me mental.

This is quintessential Son. He's so dangerous, because he has the awareness, pace and technique to get himself into great positions time and again. But, time and again, it's really 50:50 in terms of what you get from him when the ball reaches him in a dangerous position - sometimes, it will be a sweet finish, like the second goal today...and sometimes, it will be an easy pass tapped into the legs of the defender (Matip), a weak shot dribbling into the arms of the keeper (when Alli put him through), a thunderous drive over the cross-bar, etcetera, etcetera.

He's already scarily good. But if he had a slightly more decisive level of output, he'd be Neymar level. I sincerely believe that, because absolutely nothing else is missing from his game.

But then, if he did have that level of output, he wouldn't be at Spurs, I suppose - so, y'know, swings and roundabouts.

I think his goal must be one of the best finishes i have seen, and what an assist by Kane!
Hitting it on his left-foot instep - just wow
That was a beautiful goal that I'm not sure got the credit it deserved. Most places seemed to simply put the goal down to a defensive mistake by Lovren, but I thought even there Kane's movement caused him to do that - as Kane initially moved towards the ball and then spun quite late on after Lovren had gone with him. From the point that Kane was in behind many teams still wouldn't have scored that goal. Son's pace to burst forward was incredible and Kane's ball in was perfectly timed and perfectly executed so that Son didn't have to break stride, Son's first time finish was then exemplary.

This is quintessential Son. He's so dangerous, because he has the awareness, pace and technique to get himself into great positions time and again. But, time and again, it's really 50:50 in terms of what you get from him when the ball reaches him in a dangerous position - sometimes, it will be a sweet finish, like the second goal today...and sometimes, it will be an easy pass tapped into the legs of the defender (Matip), a weak shot dribbling into the arms of the keeper (when Alli put him through), a thunderous drive over the cross-bar, etcetera, etcetera.

He's already scarily good. But if he had a slightly more decisive level of output, he'd be Neymar level. I sincerely believe that, because absolutely nothing else is missing from his game.

But then, if he did have that level of output, he wouldn't be at Spurs, I suppose - so, y'know, swings and roundabouts.

Two very good finishes, one that cracked off the bar. Through on goals he couldn't quite reach the ball and it looked poor. His attempted pass wasn't at all an easy one. Worked his socks off and looked a threat whenever he got the ball. Far from a 50:50 game from him.

He's not consistent compared to Kane, but last season his end product was great for a player mostly playing wide and not always a starter. Not in the best of form so far this season, but this was a good sign that he's getting into the groove of things.

Would he be in your starting 11?

Personally, i keep flip flopping on this. When we played 3 behind Kane, i think i had him edging out Lamela. But now that we play with 2, i'm torn.

I love his game and always look forward to him starting.

That was a beautiful goal that I'm not sure got the credit it deserved. Most places seemed to simply put the goal down to a defensive mistake by Lovren, but I thought even there Kane's movement caused him to do that - as Kane initially moved towards the ball and then spun quite late on after Lovren had gone with him. From the point that Kane was in behind many teams still wouldn't have scored that goal. Son's pace to burst forward was incredible and Kane's ball in was perfectly timed and perfectly executed so that Son didn't have to break stride, Son's first time finish was then exemplary.

Absolutely; an incredible pass and finish

Would he be in your starting 11?

Personally, i keep flip flopping on this. When we played 3 behind Kane, i think i had him edging out Lamela. But now that we play with 2, i'm torn.

I love his game and always look forward to him starting.
I think it depends on who we are playing. I really like Son if we're playing on the break, but if we are doing so then it does mean playing Ali deeper. In games where the opposition sit back then I would probably rather have Lamela's ability to play a clever pass that will create a goalscoring opportunity. I think we should move away from thinking of 'first choice' or 'starting 11s' now. We are getting to the point where we have a squad where specific players suit the game plan and/or opposition. The keeper and centre halves obviously pick themselves and Kane and Eriksen would only be rotated if they need a rest, but I think the rest of the team can be altered to suit the game we are playing. That is a great place to be.

I think it depends on who we are playing. I really like Son if we're playing on the break, but if we are doing so then it does mean playing Ali deeper. In games where the opposition sit back then I would probably rather have Lamela's ability to play a clever pass that will create a goalscoring opportunity. I think we should move away from thinking of 'first choice' or 'starting 11s' now. We are getting to the point where we have a squad where specific players suit the game plan and/or opposition. The keeper and centre halves obviously pick themselves and Kane and Eriksen would only be rotated if they need a rest, but I think the rest of the team can be altered to suit the game we are playing. That is a great place to be.

Indeed; it is this use of the various skillsets in the squad that so far is stetting Pochettino apart from Redknapp and AVB thus far..

I heard the stating line-up and though WTAF, but every time i have such thoughts he mostly keeps making me feel silly for doubting the approach.

r
Indeed. Can't believe how fast Son run there, and then buried it like it was a tap in! Also, Kane's pass was beautifully disguised and I thought he'd left it too late, but he knew exactly where and when it was going and the defender didn't.

Indeed. Do not underestimate the part Lloris played in this. Normally his distribution is his weakest link, but that quick release was bang on the money
That was an exceptional throw, but it begs the question, why is it that Lloris so rarely use his arm when clearing his lines? It was much more accurate than his kicking usually is and the speed of his release caught Liverpool on the hop, thereby initiating a scoring opportunity out of nothing.

That was an exceptional throw, but it begs the question, why is it that Lloris so rarely use his arm when clearing his lines? It was much more accurate than his kicking usually is and Lloris' quick release caught Liverpool on the hop, thereby initiating a scoring opportunity out of nothing.

Hmm, is Lloris now the hand version to Pep's Ederson's and his kicking?

That was an exceptional throw, but it begs the question, why is it that Lloris so rarely use his arm when clearing his lines? It was much more accurate than his kicking usually is and the speed of his release caught Liverpool on the hop, thereby initiating a scoring opportunity out of nothing.
He's no Gomez :)

it did make me laugh how Neville didn't realise Son was fast. Kept ripping into Milner for not tracking him, being at fault as "he is a good runner normally" only when he flew past Henderson did he actually realise he has speed to burn.

Not into media conspiracies but just goes to show how much notice he has taken over us last year

Son did great yesterday and a beautifully taken goal. However, he does give up a bit easily, at times. One case in point was when he got into the box on the right in the first half and then lost the ball. The ball was in a bit of space with no defender around it, but instead of reversing to try to get to it before a scouse defender could and resurrect the attack, he just stopped. And he gave up (or didn't challenge as hard as he could) in a couple other occasions. He has the tenacity, but it doesn't seem to be there 90-100% of the time. Contrast to Harry who, when his shot got blocked, sprinted back 80 yards to defend and his pressure on a scouse player at the edge of our box made him miss his shot wide. So if there is one area that Sonny could improve upon, this is it. Other than that, he is such a weapon for us, whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Back