• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I don't know about this 12th man brick. If we are playing a 343 then fine, but in a 4231, Lamela doesn't get his place back.

I think that the 12th man comes from him being the one to lose out if we play 3-4-2-1. As good as he is, I cannot see many arguing that he should regularly start ahead of any of Kane, Alli or Eriksen.

Lamela offers something different to Son and I could see him being preferred against the bigger teams if he recovers fitness because his closing down is such an asset in tight games. It would be a great problem to have.

I think that the 12th man comes from him being the one to lose out if we play 3-4-2-1. As good as he is, I cannot see many arguing that he should regularly start ahead of any of Kane, Alli or Eriksen.

Lamela offers something different to Son and I could see him being preferred against the bigger teams if he recovers fitness because his closing down is such an asset in tight games. It would be a great problem to have.

A fully fit Lamela and a free-scoring Son gives Poch some nice selection problems!

A fully fit Lamela and a free-scoring Son gives Poch some nice selection problems!

Any idea when that will happen?

As for Son, he's an Enigma, I often think his biggest skill is not knowing what he's going to do next, not me, not the defender but Son himself!! He's so unpredictable he can be defended against.

33ac2abbdb86a7074beaffba84b82c32.gif

What an embarrassing post that was!

Lost count of the number of times the word 'Asian' was mentioned.

Not for me. Lamela's work rate and pressing aside, Son's end product is much improved and better than Lamela's still. Son works hard, runs at players and is a more potent goal threat.

EDIT: Son gives Poch a selection problem NOW with Kane back. Wanyama should be fit for Bournemouth. One would assume Wanyama slots back into DM and Dier goes back to CB. If that happens, Son more than likely goes back to the bench.

Not for me. Lamela's work rate and pressing aside, Son's end product is much improved and better than Lamela's still. Son works hard, runs at players and is a more potent goal threat.

EDIT: Son gives Poch a selection problem NOW with Kane back. Wanyama should be fit for Bournemouth. One would assume Wanyama slots back into DM and Dier goes back to CB. If that happens, Son more than likely goes back to the bench.

It does. But surely you have to keep Son in the side in this form?

Well you can argue now that Dier has stepped into Victors shoes and we have actually been better

That's a tough call, I agree we have been great in the last 7 days but we were equally as good IMO against WBA, Stoke, Millwall, Chelsea and we should have beaten Everton a lot more comfortably than we did.

That's a tough call, I agree we have been great in the last 7 days but we were equally as good IMO against WBA, Stoke, Millwall, Chelsea and we should have beaten Everton a lot more comfortably than we did.

Yeah not disagreeing

I think Victor has even outstanding but Dier has taken Icert hwilst he has been injured and we have scored plenty and conceded only the 1 goal

And the Watford performance was for me as good as any I've seen although the opposition really were poor

Yeah not disagreeing

I think Victor has even outstanding but Dier has taken Icert hwilst he has been injured and we have scored plenty and conceded only the 1 goal

And the Watford performance was for me as good as any I've seen although the opposition really were poor

I don't envy Poch, it's a tough call either way. Harsh as it may be on Dier, I'd go for Wanyama personally but I wouldn't be at all unhappy if Dier kept his place.

Just re-watching the game as I didn't see MOTD and didn't see any of the goals again as I went to the game. I noticed the crowd volume level went up and there was a sense of excitement/anticpation just as Son picked up the ball before his first goal. I'd say his form as eve better than it was during his purple patch in September/October. Let's just hope in continues until May.

I don't envy Poch, it's a tough call either way. Harsh as it may be on Dier, I'd go for Wanyama personally but I wouldn't be at all unhappy if Dier kept his place.

Indeed; I think vs Chelski at Wembley i'd have to play Wanyama IF HE'S FULLY FIT and especially if we do not have Rose.
In most other games vs mid-tablish opposition i'd probably not be so concerned, plus Dier has started getting his scoring boots on at just the right time..

But Son now on 11 PL goals; crazy that before today Kane, Alli and Son cmbined had more PL goals between them than the whole Man Utd team put together:eek:

A great return for a wing-forward; his pace can be frightening; imagine if he gets even more clinical in his finishing! Son is now part of a great attacking force Poch has built at Spurs. Great stuff!

Back