• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

First touch like an anvil, second touch is a goal.
Can't we count his second goal as a first touch? That was SERIOUS technique. Okay, so I don't think he hit it 100% sweetly, but even going for a first-time shot, at pace, from a long ball dropping over his shoulder takes plenty of confidence.

Last edited:
Then learn the correct usage, my precious. I wrote what I wrote. Anything else is 'reading between the lines' or assumption on your part, and I dont feel the urge to go all defensive to suit whatever your agenda might be.

You did indeed "wrote what you wrote." You stick to your guns mate. I like that! BTW, my 'agenda' for want of a better word, is to discourage the abhorrent practise of racist name calling. Is that okay with you? Just asking because you still haven't answered my previous question.

You did indeed "wrote what you wrote." You stick to your guns mate. I like that! BTW, my 'agenda' for want of a better word, is to discourage the abhorrent practise of racist name calling. Is that okay with you? Just asking because you still haven't answered my previous question.

You don't seem to understand - the world is not all about you.

Can't we count his second goal as a first touch? That was SERIOUS technique. Okay, so I don't think he hit it 100% sweetly, but even going for a first-time shot, at pace, from a long ball dropping over his shoulder takes plenty of confidence.

That was an outstanding strike and was his first touch so clearly not his strength

It was a better goal than his first imo and that was top drawer

Then learn the correct usage, my precious.

Gollum-Turkish-President.jpg

When has Lamela ever dominated a game to the extent that Son did against Millwall? Those arguing a preference for him over Son need their heads read. They certainly aren't making that call on the basis of impact, as you say, if he scored three goals you would never hear the end of it. 13 goals so far from Son and he has only stated a dozen or so games.
They don't play the same role so not a great comparison.
Neither of the two are perfect, who is, but they both bring some to the team that makes their contribution valuable. The strength of our team ethic makes up for the individual flaws.

I'm not sure what the Millwall fans were chanting about Son but if it was just "DVD" and "3 for a fiver" as I've read, then frankly it hardly constitutes racism in my book. We used to sing that a certain Arsenal player's dad washes elephants, which I suspect is far worse. As for saying we shouldn't call people "pikeys" - good GHod - you want football fans to be politically correct? Pull the other one. There is a limit - for me it is the Judas song about Campbell which is vile in its appalling hatred. But football has to have banter - one of my best moments ever at the Lane was when we sang "You're just a fat Aussie clown shoe" to Mark Viduka - it was hilarious because his every touch was terrible. Is that racist? Maybe, but totally justified and very very funny.

I'm not sure what the Millwall fans were chanting about Son but if it was just "DVD" and "3 for a fiver" as I've read, then frankly it hardly constitutes racism in my book. We used to sing that a certain Arsenal player's dad washes elephants, which I suspect is far worse. As for saying we shouldn't call people "pikeys" - good GHod - you want football fans to be politically correct? Pull the other one. There is a limit - for me it is the Judas song about Campbell which is vile in its appalling hatred. But football has to have banter - one of my best moments ever at the Lane was when we sang "You're just a fat Aussie clown shoe" to Mark Viduka - it was hilarious because his every touch was terrible. Is that racist? Maybe, but totally justified and very very funny.
It's not racist, but it is fatist.
He was subjected to a lot worse when he played up here.

Thank fck for that, thought I'd ended up on some soppy lefty site.

Agree. I was making the point that they would not appropriate the term for themselves as they use it as an insult for others (Millwall).
But the point may be moot. Or maybe not moot... Immootable?

Exactly and even if they did, people would just call them something else, it makes as much sense as me calling myself 'dirty Jew'. Does that mean it then becomes okay for people to call me that? Also how has us appropriating yid prevented the gas chambers hissing...yep that's working so well.

Is there a French translation thread in Random?

Son was quality today. I doubt he'll ever be world class but he is such a fantastic squad player to have.

Back