• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, who's going to sing the "Y" word on Sunday?

Openly bragging about it on twitter

“@kimwhufc:My favourite part of the day... "hes coming for you, we can't say his name, he's coming for you"

A girl I know retweeted it onto the metpolice haha

My team name on the fantasy football site has been changed from Yid army to CHANGE NAME lol

Ever since David Cameron came out to say that it's intent that matters the BBC seems to have taken a stance more against Spurs singing Yid.

They're not interested in accurately reporting the issue. Otherwise, wouldn't fans signing about Hitler be the most newsworthy story.

The other crazy thing is that "Yid" (unlike the N word) was originally a totally innocent word. So, even if we were using it 100% it's original context I am not sure how it would be offensive.

BBC

A Tottenham supporter arrested at half-time during Sunday's 3-0 defeat by West Ham for using the term "Yid" has been warned about his behaviour but will not face charges.

Both sets of fans travelling to the match at White Hart Lane had been warned by police that they could face arrest if they were heard chanting the word, which has been a recurring theme amongst Spurs supporters for some time.

i also heard a chant of 'we're reading your mind...'

couldn't make out the rest. i would assume that's their lot mickey taking as we couldn't sing 'our' songs? anyone there confirm?

So one guy from thousands was arrested, poor bastard :lol:

That's all it takes. More and more people will be scared to sing it now as for fear of getting tugged by the old bill.

That's one of the reasons why I'm always on my toes in case it ever kicks off outside the ground as the police could just nick you purely for numbers "you'll do."

He wasn't arrested for saying Yid though, he was shouting in the face of a policeman according to someone else - which i can believe... There were loads of police in our section and they was asked what the crack was with us saying/singing it and they said they weren't there for that and to do what we wanted (according to a guy i know who chatted with them at half time)

If he was arrested for chanting Yid Army or whatever this is the begining of the end of those chants....

How many on here would actually risk being arrested to sing it?

I wouldnt

West Ham's joint-chairman David Sullivan has praised the club's fans for their support during the 3-0 win over Tottenham on Sunday.

Both sets of fans were warned prior to the match that the use of the term "Yid" at White Hart Lane would result in arrest.

"On Sunday morning, I wrote an open letter to supporters attending the game to remind them they would be acting as ambassadors for our club. As expected, they did not let us down," said Sullivan.

"The way they got behind the team was up there with the best I have seen in my 20 years in football."

He must've missed the anti-semitic chants then

He wasn't arrested for saying Yid though, he was shouting in the face of a policeman according to someone else - which i can believe... There were loads of police in our section and they was asked what the crack was with us saying/singing it and they said they weren't there for that and to do what we wanted (according to a guy i know who chatted with them at half time)

Lots of coppers on the shelf and south lower, dont think I saw one in south upper

If he was arrested for chanting Yid Army or whatever this is the begining of the end of those chants....

How many on here would actually risk being arrested to sing it?

I wouldnt

Hypothetically speaking, because i don't think that's why he was arrested, but yeah i would - would get thrown out of court just like the Campbell chants. There's no leg for them to stand on

I will sing it. No way would the police stop me if I knew it wasn't illegal. :lol: Sounds to me like this Tottenham fan was a bit of a c ock!

Interesting article interview David Gold on anti-Semitism:

West Ham's David Gold knows the pain fans caused at Tottenham Hotspur
5 Oct 2013: West Ham co-chairman David Gold tells Jacob Steinberg the hurt caused by the action of some of the club's supporters at White Hart Lane in 2012

He talks about the pain the chants by West Ham fans causes him personally. Unlike, you-know-who, he is not trying to blame Spurs fans for anti-Semitic behaviour by his club's fans. A campaign to reduce anti-Semitic chants based on his comments, along with a request for Spurs fans to help by not using Yid chants, would be a lot more effective than the blame transference tactics of Baddiel.

I was a bit shocked by what I heard from West Ham fans on the train back to Liverpool Street after the game on Sunday. I have been to countless matches at the Lane, as well as other grounds in England, but this was the first time I felt slightly uncomfortable and unsafe in connections with going to a match. I have thought about writing the club to inform them about the antisemitic remarks/chants in particular, and threatening behaviour in general, I witnessed, but I suspect I would just be wasting my time.

It is quite a provocation, however, when I get back to the hotel after the game, and they report on BBC London how the naughty Spurs-fans kept shouting the "Y-word", whilst West Ham fans apparently behaved impeccably.

I was a bit shocked by what I heard from West Ham fans on the train back to Liverpool Street after the game on Sunday. I have been to countless matches at the Lane, as well as other grounds in England, but this was the first time I felt slightly uncomfortable and unsafe in connections with going to a match. I have thought about writing the club to inform them about the antisemitic remarks/chants in particular, and threatening behaviour in general, I witnessed, but I suspect I would just be wasting my time.

It is quite a provocation, however, when I get back to the hotel after the game, and they report on BBC London how the naughty Spurs-fans kept shouting the "Y-word", whilst West Ham fans apparently behaved impeccably.

its a witch hunt as we are the "only ones" who make it obvious.....

The more of you who complain, film on your phones etc and tweet/ facebook/ youtube it the better for our clubs

This seems to becoming a bigger issue every season!

Back