• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Surprised Tool have agreed to be a part of that. Don't get me wrong I love all the other artists (apart from Metallica who have always been cringy to me). However, and as snobby as it is Tool are musically on another level.

It's like having a roundtable with stars from the only way is Essex and big brother as well as Daniel Day Lewis.

I saw some recent life footage of GNR and it was tremendously sad. Can't begrudge them making money and if people are still paying and enjoying it that's great but even seeing them 10 / 15 years ago was a massive let down.
He's so stoned he won't know who else is playing.

Surprised Tool have agreed to be a part of that. Don't get me wrong I love all the other artists (apart from Metallica who have always been cringy to me). However, and as snobby as it is Tool are musically on another level.

It's like having a roundtable with stars from the only way is Essex and big brother as well as Daniel Day Lewis.

I saw some recent life footage of GNR and it was tremendously sad. Can't begrudge them making money and if people are still paying and enjoying it that's great but even seeing them 10 / 15 years ago was a massive let down.

Interested to know why you find Metallica cringy?

Interested to know why you find Metallica cringy?

I think a lot of it probably comes to the vocals. There's something about his voice that sounds very cliche to me, I know I shouldn't base an opinion exclusively off one song but take Enter Sandman for example - The riff is decent enough but once the guy comes in singing about being "off to never never land", it sounds like a parody to me.

Added in the classic "band members falling out over royalties" and me just not liking the vibe, they just aren't for me at all. People obviously love them which is great but they're probably up there with my least favorite bands in terms of rock / metal.

Last edited:
Tool. Massive dopeheads

Anyone who can be any type of inebriated and perform music of a complex nature in terms of time signature and dynamic changes is an absolute hero in my book (I appreciate that is probably an unhealthy view, but I do have an odd respect for functioning alcohols / addicts, blame Hollywood!)

It's easy for Slash to be plastered, frettossing pentatonic scales over some basic progressions but try playing mathrock or a bach piece on a nylon string whilst tripping, no mean feat.

I think a lot of it probably comes to the vocals. There's something about his voice that sounds very cliche to me, I know I shouldn't base an opinion exclusively off one song but take Enter Sandman for example - The riff is decent enough but once the guy comes in singing about being "off to never never land", it sounds like a parody to me.

Added in the classic "band members falling out over royalties" and me just not liking the vibe, they just aren't for me at all. People obviously love them which is great but they're probably up there with my least favorite bands in terms of rock / metal.
Whilst we're talking about that song......

</prouddadboasting>

Added in the classic "band members falling out over royalties"
and me just not liking the vibe, they just aren't for me at all. People obviously love them which is great but they're probably up there with my least favorite bands in terms of rock / metal.

Where have you heard that?

Where have you heard that?

I'm on a personal Whatsapp chat with all the band members and they openly discuss the various lawsuits and countersuits going back and forth.

Erm, I mean I read at an article at some point but bizarrely didn't etch down the url / date of reading. Could be mistaken but there was a lot of drama with Lars Ulrich was there not?

Feels like I hit a nerve, are you in Metallica? ;)

Last edited:
I'm on a personal Whatsapp chat with all the band members and they openly discuss the various lawsuits and countersuits going back and forth.

Erm, I mean I read at an article at some point but bizarrely didn't etch down the url / date of reading. Could be mistaken but there was a lot of drama with Lars Ulrich was there not?

Feels like I hit a nerve, are you in Metallica? ;)

Close...:D

FWIW -and don't take this in any way personally, you're not the first and won't be the last to have spread absolute rubbish about them- but them suing each other is absolute, total and utter gonad*s.

Back