• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Signing Of The Season

Signing Of The Season

• Lewis Holtby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clint Dempsey

• Gylfi Sigurdsson

• Total voters
Purely for the potential longevity of the position, signing the French International goalkeeper at such an early age is the most important signing. He could potentially be our keeper for the next decade... and he will only get better as he matures more and gains experience. I personally think he will be more effective and better for us next season than this... and he has been pretty good up to now.

Could be an argument to say that the most important signing of the season was one that didn't happen.

A.N Other Striker

Vertonghen by an absolute country mile. No one comes close.

Oh how stupid and small I now feel (as do the other 12 people who didn't vote for Vertonghen)... here was me thinking this was a discussion board but no, I now understand it a soapbox for some posters to tell everyone else how wrong they are!

Oh how stupid and small I now feel (as do the other 12 people who didn't vote for Vertonghen)... here was me thinking this was a discussion board but no, I now understand it a soapbox for some posters to tell everyone else how wrong they are!

This isn't a discussion thread. It's a Poll. It's asking his opinion. He stated his opinion. Get off your high horse.

This isn't a discussion thread. It's a Poll. It's asking his opinion. He stated his opinion. Get off your high horse.

Oh sorry, I didn't know that this being a poll meant you can therefore be completely dogmatic. It was the tone of the reply. I am just stating my opinion

Oh sorry, I didn't know that this being a poll meant you can therefore be completely dogmatic. It was the tone of the reply. I am just stating my opinion

Yes, but his was a footballing opinion on a footballing matter in a football forum.

Yours was just you being an ass.

calm down :lol:

and the way it was written came over to me as dogmatic. I am sorry if that in your opinion makes me an ass... my opinion was that Lloris was the best buy, but apparently I was wrong by a country mile... I obviously know eff all about football and i obviously shouldn't have called out one of the more prolific posters. You're just as much an ass a I am for defending him

Who says you were wrong? My opinion was that Vertonghen was by a country mile are best signing this season?

Who says you were wrong? My opinion was that Vertonghen was by a country mile are best signing this season?

Alright, I'll wind it in ... I took your initial comment as anyone who didn't think it was Verts was a pillock. I accept that wasn't what you meant...

he might be a better buy that Lloris, but I don't buy the country mile bit...

Vertonghen has been the best this season of our new signings but Lloris overall will prove to be the best signing. I still went for Jan though.

Hard to pick but in terms of impact to the team if they were not playing I'd go with Dembele. We could get by with Friedel or another CB but less so for Demebele. He has dropped off the pace a little but Vertoghen and Lloris have had a few brain farts too. It is like trying to pick your favourite child:-k

Best player of the lot is = Lloris
The ones with most impact on the system we play = Lloris and Dembele
The ones with most impactful performances = Vert and Dembele

Vert is a very good player, but arguably in a position we had covered
Lloris similar, but would have been a critical purchase at end of this season, so just early.
Dembele was critical due to the hole in our midfield with Luka leaving.

The reason I voted for Lloris is the fact that he is noticeably better than any keeper we have had in recent memory
Vert & Dembele are very good, but we have had King & Modric in those roles.

The Ezekiel Fryers signing pleased me, but only because it tinkled off Fergie so much.

Vertonghen and Lloris both made themselves indispensable.

and the way it was written came over to me as dogmatic. I am sorry if that in your opinion makes me an ass... my opinion was that Lloris was the best buy, but apparently I was wrong by a country mile... I obviously know eff all about football and i obviously shouldn't have called out one of the more prolific posters. You're just as much an ass a I am for defending him

I didn't say you were wrong, i said you were an ass for the way you went about it. If you'd tried to argue Lloris was better by talking about football, i'd have nothing but respect for you. However that's not quite the way you went about it.

Don't take what i say that seriously, i know i don't tend to.

Back