• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Signing Of The Season

Signing Of The Season

• Lewis Holtby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clint Dempsey

• Gylfi Sigurdsson

• Total voters

ArcspacE

Banned
Went for Lloris - immense presence and contribution in a position of severe weakness over the years

And who knows - might have been us in Amsterdam playing Benfica if AVB didn't **** it up

Last edited:
Super Jan. Without him we would have missed Ledley a hell of a lot more. Solid, including some excellent game saving tackles, composed, goal-threat and good-looking.

Lloris a close second.

Hugo. The kind of goalkeeper we can build a team around. Vertonghen I could see us getting: his transfer wasn't a shock to me. Lloris, however, was. I thought his ability marked him out as a future Barca/Bayern/United/Madrid goalkeeper, and saw the possibility of him coming here as a dream on par with Higuain to Spurs.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the reports piling in on Sky, and saw him being driven into the Lodge. It was incredible. And he's done absolutely nothing since to dispel my opinion that we have one of the world's very best goalies playing for us.

Both Jan and Lloris have been great for us. But I could scarcely believe us acquiring Lloris was even possible, so Levy clinching the deal (and tweaking Jean-Michel Aulas' nose while doing it) has to go down as the signing of the season.

Last edited:
Dembele really?? Id say vert > bale> lloris

It's signing of the season, not player of the season.

If you'd made this poll around January I think Dembele would've won with a landslide. He's been very very important, even if he hasn't brought as much creativity or goals with him.

In terms of importance to the team, Lloris. In terms of performance, Vertonghen.

If we bring another 6 in next season with similar ability levels, then we will be better again.

In terms of importance to the team, Lloris. In terms of performance, Vertonghen.

If we bring another 6 in next season with similar ability levels, then we will be better again.

This.

We needed to improve our keeper more than we needed to improve our back four ..... except than Kaboom got injured.

Verts is up there for playe rof the year in a Bale-free zone.

I went for Mousa. He could be much better still but I think it was a monster signing and the fact that we have managed to stay in contention with the top 4 despite the loss of Modric, is somewhat testament to him (and the other new signings of course). I think he has the potential to be so good. I hope he realises it with us.

Miss read it at work haha..... Didnt bale sign a new contract going into this season can that count?

the Dutch bloke who plays centre half (and occasionally at left back)

I only voted for Moussa because without Modric we would have struggled without him too (whereas we still would have had Friedel, Caulker, Naughton etc without Lloris or Jan).

Hugo. The kind of goalkeeper we can build a team around. Vertonghen I could see us getting: his transfer wasn't a shock to me. Lloris, however, was. I thought his ability marked him out as a future Barca/Bayern/United/Madrid goalkeeper, and saw the possibility of him coming here as a dream on par with Higuain to Spurs.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the reports piling in on Sky, and saw him being driven into the Lodge. It was incredible. And he's done absolutely nothing since to dispel my opinion that we have one of the world's very best goalies playing for us.

Both Jan and Lloris have been great for us. But I could scarcely believe us acquiring Lloris was even possible, so Levy clinching the deal (and tweaking Jean-Michel Aulas' nose while doing it) has to go down as the signing of the season.

my sentiments exactly

I voted for Vertonghen. I was worried knowing the defence would be without King this season, but Jan stepped up from the get-go and for the most part was very consistent all season even when played at left back.

Lloris would be second. Hugo fits the high line so well, he's done well this season when he's played. Looking forward to even better now he's settled in.

Dembele would be third. Moussa started the season on blistering form but after his hip injury around November I don't think his performances reached that level again.

I can't pick. Vertonghen and Dembele have both been super important, Lloris seems like a top class goalkeeper. All excellent signings, hope we have as much luck (or are as skillful) in the transfer market in the summer.

Back