• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

Not revenge, they're trying to destroy the enemy. The enemy that are terrorists
It's human nature to want revenge when your country is attacked by terrorists & innocent people are killed. If a terrorist organisation attacked Sydney tomorrow & killed my kids or my friends give me gun so I can kill the clams. Just ask the yanks after 9/11.

I don't doubt they want to destroy Hamas & I would love all terrorist organisations to just disappear. Even if Israel occupies Gaza the enemy won't be beaten unless the IDF intends to go to war with Iran. Hamas has headquarters in qutar who financially support them do you go after them.

revenge is the wrong word, that's not what it is at all

its self defence, trying to fight their way out of a corner
Except it's a corner where the other sides are also filled with religious freaks that want to kill them.

More like a concentric circle or a box ;)

The queer community is generally intersectional with their anti-oppression beliefs and ethics. They are consistent with their morals despite the danger it could cause them in certain parts of the world. It should be applauded not made fun of.

The queer community is generally intersectional with their anti-oppression beliefs and ethics. They are consistent with their morals despite the danger it could cause them in certain parts of the world. It should be applauded not made fun of.

What about standing up for gay people in Palestine? There are no openly gay people in the current Palestine, so the slogan ridicules itself. No one is making fun of it.

What about standing up for gay people in Palestine? There are no openly gay people in the current Palestine, so the slogan ridicules itself. No one is making fun of it.

You think Queer people do not spend a large chunk of their time in activism mode for lgbtq rights in the Middle East? Are you aware of what intersectional activism entails?

Ridicule/making fun of….meh

I’m pretty sure that the footage is from the 100 year anniversary celebrations.

although there was a massive rally for Palestine in Istanbul, just as there was in London, and other great cities around the world.
Ah fair enough. I was disinfo'd.

You think Queer people do not spend a large chunk of their time in activism mode for lgbtq rights in the Middle East? Are you aware of what intersectional activism entails?

Ridicule/making fun of….meh

Hence the irony! Standing up for a state which is currently against LGBTQ rights. There is no need to make fun of it. The contradiction is inherent!

Is intersectional activitism when you jump on the band wagon because you think you share a desire to liberate the oppressed, without appreciation that the side you are backing does not like you, oppresses your peers, does not accept your sexuality, and persececutes gay people with imprisonment? Is that it?

Hence the irony! Standing up for a state which is currently against LGBTQ rights. There is no need to make fun of it. The contradiction is inherent!

Is intersectional activitism when you jump on the band wagon because you think you share a desire to liberate the oppressed, without appreciation that the side you are backing does not like you, oppresses your peers, does not accept your sexuality, and persececutes gay people with imprisonment? Is that it?

No it’s not. That is a view held by most non-descript flag nonce types. I suspect you know that but perhaps look up some of the incredible intersectional activists and movements of our time that have fought to promote change to allay your supposed ignorance. Better yet, I can put you in touch with actual lgbtq intersectional activists who could walk you through why they remain so steadfast in their non-discriminatory activism.

Last edited:
No it’s not. That is a view held by most non-descript flag nonce types. I suspect you know that but perhaps look up some of the incredible intersectional activists and movements of our time that have fought to promote change to allay your supposed ignorance. Better yet, I can put you in touch with actual lgbtq intersectional activists who could walk you through why they remain so steadfast in their non-discriminatory activism.

Feel free to put me in touch. Look forward to the fresh acquaintances.

What is a “non-descript flag nonce” :eek:

Feel free to put me in touch. Look forward to the fresh acquaintances.

What is a “non-descript flag nonce” :eek:

Mate if you genuinely would like that I’d be happy to put you in touch!

Flag nonces are the social media types who would belittle intersectional activism ;) (hence why I stated that I don’t think you are that type)

Mate if you genuinely would like that I’d be happy to put you in touch!

Flag nonces are the social media types who would belittle intersectional activism ;) (hence why I stated that I don’t think you are that type)

Definitely not interested in “nonces” new or old definition.

The broad concept is not new, Marx 200 years ago believed in a class struggle that transcends borders. About the oppressed rising up and confronting those who held power and control, across borders. That a feminist coined a new term and imbued it with gender and sexuality in the 90s in a probable act of self important intellectual masturbation, is great! I’m all for it. No doubt many papers and much debate has followed with various factions eking out their own self important angle and power trip. But if that floats their boat, intersect away!

Definitely not interested in “nonces” new or old definition.

The broad concept is not new, Marx 200 years ago believed in a class struggle that transcends borders. About the oppressed rising up and confronting those who held power and control, across borders. That a feminist coined a new term and imbued it with gender and sexuality in the 90s in a probable act of self important intellectual masturbation, is great! I’m all for it. No doubt many papers and much debate has followed with various factions eking out their own self important angle and power trip. But if that floats their boat, intersect away!

Oh. I stand corrected

Oh. I stand corrected

The irony is being an activist for gender rights, and getting involved in a conflict that sadly seems to fall into being on one side or the other, and backing the side that locks up gay people and seeks to wipe the jewish race and religion. Although an oversimplification, it is not remotely in-tune with the movement! The other side of this polarised in-group out-group is a democratic state with lots of free-living queer people, where all religions are free to be themeslves and worship in their own mosques, churches, temples or sex clubs. Which is concurrent with insersectional activism. But what do I know?

Last edited:
The irony is being an activist for gender rights, and getting involved in a conflict that sadly seems to fall into being on one side or the other, and backing the side that locks up gay people and seeks to wipe the jewish race and a religion. Although an oversimplification, it is not remotely in-tune with the movement! The other side of this polarised in-group out-group is a democratic state with lots of free-living queer people, where all religions are free to be themeslves and worship in their own mosques, churches, temples or sex clubs. Which is concurrent with insersectional activism. But what do I know?

Showing support for babies not being carpet bombed isn’t ‘backing the side that locks up gay people and wants to wipe the Jewish race out’. You’ve done that thing again of collectivising all Palestinian people with Hamas. You know there are lgbtq groups in Palestine and across the Middle East that need support and a voice as well right? Especially if they’re marginalised within their own nation. I wouldn’t want to police how these groups conduct their activism, and I applaud them for their stance against all forms of oppression which comes from a place built by their own experiences and wanting a better world for all. Not a ‘power trip’ or ‘self importance’. But you seem to be the expert after three posts so perhaps I am very much out of tune with the movement.

Showing support for babies not being carpet bombed isn’t ‘backing the side that locks up gay people and wants to wipe the Jewish race out’. You’ve done that thing again of collectivising all Palestinian people with Hamas. You know there are lgbtq groups in Palestine and across the Middle East that need support and a voice as well right? Especially if they’re marginalised within their own nation. I wouldn’t want to police how these groups conduct their activism, and I applaud them for their stance against all forms of oppression which comes from a place built by their own experiences and wanting a better world for all. Not a ‘power trip’ or ‘self importance’. But you seem to be the expert after three posts so perhaps I am very much out of tune with the movement.

To me it seems very polarised. The queers for Palastine group probably don't have another queers for Isreal banner when they are attacked, and powers seek to oppress isreali freedom.

You brought up a movement that is all about backing peoples gender and race freedoms. But when you scractch the surface its aims are far more concurrent with Isreal than Palastine. If you can't see that, or choose not to see that, it is to deny reality and the liberty that exists in Isreal. But it is all about backing their side, even if it is totally against their world view.

And no I didn't do 'that thing', if you'd read my post I noted the oversimplication and in-groups and out-groups who back one side as though it is a black and white issue. I'd suggest that those who hold up polarising banners are probably more 'doing that thing'.

Last edited:
To me it seems very polarised. The queers for Palastine group probably don't have another queers for Isreal banner when they are attacked, and powers seek to oppress isreali freedom.

You brought up a movement that is all about backing peoples gender and race freedoms. But when you scractch the surface its aims are far more concurrent with Isreal than Palastine. If you can't see that, or choose not to see that, it is to deny reality and the freedoms that exist in Isreal. But it is all about backing your side to such people, even if it is totally against their world view.

This then goes into a whole conversation of who they consider is the oppressor and the oppressed in this situation. Why don’t you speak to these people to find out their stance rather than me potentially butchering my understanding of it? You’re making very strong assumptions about their world view.

Back