• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sh1t Holes

Re: brick Holes

Why the hate for Liverpool? I think it's a stereotype that they're all scallywags, I thought the same myself into I went there but I found them to be sound and welcoming on the whole.

1. Luton
2. Burnley
3. Blackburn

Hemel Hempstead

Oi! Although, Hemel is a typical new town, intentions were good but the current council have really destroyed the place in the past 10 years, everything has been closed, businesses have moved away due to the Buncefield explosion and high rent/rates, but plenty of housing being built still

I got a book a few Xmas' ago, called Crap Towns 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crap_Towns

Hmmmm.

The fact that Winchester and Windsor are on there (two of the nicest places I've ever been) suggest that there's plenty of reverse snobbery in that voting.

I've read similar things online about Chichester - "It's full of snobs and everyone looks down at you....." - no doubt written by someone who turned up in a tracksuit and baseball cap.

Can I add Basingstoke. Worked there for a while, asked the locals why they never went out in London (40 mins by train) and got the response "Why would we do that? We've got two nightclubs here".
I live in Basingstoke. Spot on with the mentality, although I'm struggling to think what the second nightclub is?! I actually think its a decent enough town, its just some of the people that makes it a brick place to live at times.

Oi! Although, Hemel is a typical new town, intentions were good but the current council have really destroyed the place in the past 10 years, everything has been closed, businesses have moved away due to the Buncefield explosion and high rent/rates, but plenty of housing being built still
Apologies. Only spent a day there to be fair. The town centre was dated and thought it was very dirty. The used condom that greeted me on the pavement just outside the train station wasn't an ideal start to my stay either. I'll try not to judge a book by its cover in future.

Seems like there's a lot of brick holes in England from this thread! Maybe it should be number 11?

Middlesborough and Burnley spring to mind. Lots of North Wales, Connahs Quay, Shotton, Wrexham etc. Anywhere you can find people still walking round in full England kits from Euro 96

Much of Essex is beautiful, it's sad that the whole of the county is tarnished by places like Basildon and Romford. Some of the villages/small towns in Essex are lovely.
Agree - head towards the Suffolk end and it's lovely.

Back