• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

You right it is to me :)
How many times have we finished 4th, or come close, compared to how many European trophies we have even gotten to the quarter finals in the last 20 years? Which proves the point that CL is more achievable through PL than EL.

Now I can understand that your wish might be that we qualify for CL through winning the EL, as that would mean a trophy in our cabinet, and I would love that too. But to say it's easier doesn't make sense.

What would happen btw, if we were losing EL finalists to the likes of Dortmund (or another team that looks set to qualify for the CL through their country's league?)

I feel the fairest thing would be the runner-up getting the place but I reckon if it was us the place would go to the opposing team's league.

What would happen if both finalists had already qualified for the CL?

What would happen btw, if we were losing EL finalists to the likes of Dortmund (or another team that looks set to qualify for the CL through their country's league?)

I feel the fairest thing would be the runner-up getting the place but I reckon if it was us the place would go to the opposing team's league.

What would happen if both finalists had already qualified for the CL?
The runner up does not get a CL place. Not even the runner-up of the CL final.

Well if we ever have a chance of winning the PL in the near future, this season will be it. With the news that Guardiola is coming to City next season, I see a United-style domination for the next few seasons, with their bottomless pit of money, it doesnt bear thinking about who will come with him.
This is why, unless we see a miracle in the next 5 hours, I think we have missed another 'chance' again in the Jan window to really give it a go.

Luckily we dont play Stoke until April, because I wouldnt put it past a few teams to target Kane in the coming weeks

Well if we ever have a chance of winning the PL in the near future, this season will be it. With the news that Guardiola is coming to City next season, I see a United-style domination for the next few seasons, with their bottomless pit of money, it doesnt bear thinking about who will come with him.
This is why, unless we see a miracle in the next 5 hours, I think we have missed another 'chance' again in the Jan window to really give it a go.

Luckily we dont play Stoke until April, because I wouldnt put it past a few teams to target Kane in the coming weeks

Don't write our future off so easily. Yes, Emirates Marketing Project will get stronger, but so will we. Our squad is young, full of potential, and a desire to win. I look at our team, when it's at full strength, and I can't want to replace any member of our starting line-up. Of course, we could, but I'm not sure that we could hugely improve the quality of what is actually a very strong starting line-up.

And yes, if we started signing the likes of Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar, then of course we could add extra quality. But, a) that's not likely to happen and b) to an extent it's a risk as its assuming that any new signing can just fit in to both the first team, and the team spirit.

Now, I'm not saying that we will win the league, but why write us off? And remember next season is the season of adjustment for Emirates Marketing Project. I'm not sure that we can assume that things will just click in to place for Emirates Marketing Project, even if seems very likely that they will now enjoy a period of success.

I thought the news wasn't actually 'news' after all, was there really anyone left that DIDNT know that this was going to happen?!

Normally the Pep announcement would/could lead to late season malaise, but in this case i think the opposite is more likely: remember when Pep said when he announced that he'd be leaving Bayern and would like to come to England that it was not his intention to cause unreast for other managers? He apologised if any unrest was caused.
He was then asked specifically about Emirates Marketing Project and the effect on their players; he said something on the lines that if they are top/world class players then this should not be something that effects them; effectively saying "if you slack off now i will be watching and you'll be lablelled accordingly"...

I'm going to put money on them winning at least two trophies now....Toure might more likely be benched or play like a man possessed...

The sad part of it, is that with him about our ascent to the top might go back o being a pipedream...

Normally the Pep announcement would/could lead to late season malaise, but in this case i think the opposite is more likely: remember when Pep said when he announced that he'd be leaving Bayern and would like to come to England that it was not his intention to cause unreast for other managers? He apologised if any unrest was caused.
He was then asked specifically about Emirates Marketing Project and the effect on their players; he said something on the lines that if they are top/world class players then this should not be something that effects them; effectively saying "if you slack off now i will be watching and you'll be lablelled accordingly"...

I'm going to put money on them winning at least two trophies now....Toure might more likely be benched or play like a man possessed...

The sad part of it, is that with him about our ascent to the top might go back o being a pipedream...

It's unlikely, but let's hope it all goes horribly wrong for Pep in English football!

He still has a lot of work to do with that team

They need a whole new defence for a start and it's not a quick fix as you can see by the players they have signed already

He is clearly a top coach but he also needs to get the right players

Don't write our future off so easily. Yes, Emirates Marketing Project will get stronger, but so will we. Our squad is young, full of potential, and a desire to win. I look at our team, when it's at full strength, and I can't want to replace any member of our starting line-up. Of course, we could, but I'm not sure that we could hugely improve the quality of what is actually a very strong starting line-up.

And yes, if we started signing the likes of Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar, then of course we could add extra quality. But, a) that's not likely to happen and b) to an extent it's a risk as its assuming that any new signing can just fit in to both the first team, and the team spirit.

Good post. Not to mention we have more chance of developing the next Neymar with out current way of working. We've already seen a Bale, Modric, Carrick, Dier and Kane come through under DLs transfer watch. The next step is to keep this new wave of stars. We will hopefully be able to invest more in better players to complement because of all the youngsters making up the squad places. But this summer will be tough, the best players are snapped up and PL clubs will be drenched in cash. If we can sign two elite players in the summer we should keep pace with City.

Good post. Not to mention we have more chance of developing the next Neymar with out current way of working. We've already seen a Bale, Modric, Carrick, Dier and Kane come through under DLs transfer watch. The next step is to keep this new wave of stars. We will hopefully be able to invest more in better players to complement because of all the youngsters making up the squad places. But this summer will be tough, the best players are snapped up and PL clubs will be drenched in cash. If we can sign two elite players in the summer we should keep pace with City.

txYfbBg.gif

Back