• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious question

Like Darkie?

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Haha, I think it's time to drop it, we're not getting anywhere :)

But Suarez is a diver, has committed racist actions, bitten two footballers... Do we need for him to rape someone on the pitch before we go "Actually, no, that's too much."?

For the 5th time, I meant if he stayed away from all bs...nevermind.

But why would he stay away from it? When has that ever been plausible?

If Messi was less good would Barcelona sell him? Yes, but he's not. So they won't.

If Ronaldo was affordable would we buy him? Sure. But he's not, so we won't.

If Suarez was a decent human being would anyone other than Liverpool employ him? No. He's not, so no-one will.

Consider all your points considered, and answered.

Yep, agreed.

The above was a reply to a statement saying that the word is a racist word in Europe as a whole.

Your point was that Suarez did not use a word that was racist, it is here and having lived in Holland myself i can tell you it is there as well. Seeing as Suarez has been living and playing in these countries for 7 years he would know that, you are busted pal as been mentioned in the thread as either a WUM or a bleeding heart scouser.

Your point was that Suarez did not use a word that was racist, it is here and having lived in Holland myself i can tell you it is there as well. Seeing as Suarez has been living and playing in these countries for 7 years he would know that, you are busted pal as been mentioned in the thread as either a WUM or a bleeding heart scouser.

Busted, you got me! I've lived in Spain, Portugal and Croatia and I can tell you that it's not. Are you busted now as well?
Football players are known to be very intelligent people in general so one would expect them to know exactly what words are and are not racist in different countries.

By the way, I'm not a WUM or a scouser, I asked a hypothetical question and gave my opinion in a forum and got BUSTED for it. If you think that I'm a WUM or a scouser simply because I don't see him as being a racist, then that's your problem.

Haha, I think it's time to drop it, we're not getting anywhere :)

What you're saying is that the attitude to race in Uruguay and these countries in Europe is similar to how it was here in the 70s, right?

"He don't mind me callin him sambo, it's a term of affection.."

I don't doubt that this is true but it's still racist.

But why would he stay away from it? When has that ever been plausible?

If Messi was less good would Barcelona sell him? Yes, but he's not. So they won't.

If Ronaldo was affordable would we buy him? Sure. But he's not, so we won't.

If Suarez was a decent human being would anyone other than Liverpool employ him? No. He's not, so no-one will.

Consider all your points considered, and answered.

It was a hypothetical question. I've seen bigger ones asked here.

I'm pretty sure that when he does leave Liverpool it will be for one of the top teams in Europe.

No thanks.

Excellent player, but for the kind of transfer fee and wages he would command we could get other excellent players instead.

Not worth the risk of all the hassle that would follow if/when he gets another mental crash.

What you're saying is that the attitude to race in Uruguay and these countries in Europe is similar to how it was here in the 70s, right?

"He don't mind me callin him sambo, it's a term of affection.."

I don't doubt that this is true but it's still racist.

Sorry mate I can't comment on that one as I have no idea what UK looked like in the 70's.

Got a question for you all, you have to pick one.

1. Louis Suarez playing for Spurs and everything that goes along with it.

2. Be bought out by another billionaire, and buying your way to success.

Which ?

Sorry Mr Wriggly, I'll have to obstain on that one. Don't like the sound of either, to be honest.:-k

a rubbish dump

Well summarised!

I've never heard of the word sambo. Google says that it's an offensive word. Negrito is seen as an affectionate word in some countries and frequently used in multicultural environments.

Last edited:
Bit of a non-question really. We wouldn't be able to afford him or his wages.

But I would. I hate his attitude but I'd have a badly behaved Suarez over a well behaved Adebayor any day.

Well summarised!

I've never heard of the word sambo. Google says that it's an offensive word. Negrito is seen as an affectionate word in some countries and frequently used in multicultural environments.

What I'm trying to say is that just because it's seen as affectionate to call someone darkie in a few backward countries doesn't mean it isn't racist.

Well summarised!

Oh dear. Well at least if we are moving our thinking back 50+ years, at least we have a team capable of winning the double.

Busted, you got me! I've lived in Spain, Portugal and Croatia and I can tell you that it's not. Are you busted now as well?
Football players are known to be very intelligent people in general so one would expect them to know exactly what words are and are not racist in different countries.

By the way, I'm not a WUM or a scouser, I asked a hypothetical question and gave my opinion in a forum and got BUSTED for it. If you think that I'm a WUM or a scouser simply because I don't see him as being a racist, then that's your problem.

I think its pretty obvious what Suarez was saying and you don't call someone by an affectionate nickname time 7 times, especially when you're currently involved in a petty 90 minute spat/ argument etc. Moreover, I find it hard to believe that in his time at Liverpool, Suarez didn't once refer to Johnson or any of the other black players in Liverpool's squad as Negro in a 'playful way', where he would have, without doubt, had it explained to him that this isn't done in the UK.

I don't think Suarez is a racist. But I do think he used a word that he thought would rile Evra up.

Anyway, in terms of ability, of course you'd take him, he's the 2nd or perhaps 3rd best striker in the league. He has an insatiable desire to win.

However, this is also a bit of a negative in him. He will do literally anything to win; dirty challenges, diving, kicking, biting, appealing even when it is him that has committed the foul. I think your hypothetical is interesting but it is also a dream because you cannot get Suarez the player without the utter taco he becomes on the pitch. I do not think I could defend (or would want to defend) Suarez if he played for Spurs.

Biting someone on the pitch is inexcusable. The Evra situation was bs based on word vs word with no evidence. Negrito is not even a racist word. I know because I've lived in South America and understand in what context that word is used there.

hmm, very dangerous waters here

vkn17..................you asked a question, but expected everyone to agree with you. It doesn't work like that.

Only other poster on GG I can think of who does that is some bloke called.....................Crawley :oops:

Back