• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious question

So why was even using the word in the first place then? Why was he referring to Evra's skin colour?

It's possible to be racist without using racist words. The words 'black' and 'c**t' individually aren't racist. But saying 'you black c**t' to a guy (that's black lol) on a football field is racist

The word does refer to the skin colour but is not racist in South America. That's why I'm saying that he didn't racially abuse Evra as this word is commonly used in a non-racist way in South America and he grew up with it being used around him. The word refers to someone who has a dark skin, just the word black is used for black people.
Yes, he shouldn't have done it in UK but he should not be branded a racist.

John Terry got 4 games for this with video evidence and Suarez got 9 games with no evidence provided but Evra's word.

He has been living and playing football in Europe for 7 years, saying that "Negrito is not even a racist word." may be true but he has been in europe long enough to know that it is seen as racist here. You are making excuses for him and i wonder why.

You are being racist, yes.

When you move to another country you become bound by their laws. Whether it is OK to do something in Uruguay is irrelevant. He lives in the UK therefore he will live by the laws in the UK.

I know he's not the only player that dives. If he can't control himself then he has no place in the team. It is a team game, the objective is to win as a team. If you can't trust one of your team mates to control his own actions than he's got no right being out there on the pitch.

One of the best strikers football wise. However he will tarnish the reputation of whichever club he is at, and will cost the club when he decides to do another stupid thing and is suspended for it.

He's a lost cause. AVB would not save him. He has been like this all of his career. It is what he is like as a person that is the problem. You can't control people like him, see Balotelli at Emirates Marketing Project.

I hardly doubt that he knew that the word is racist here. Inevitably, most people's views are highly influenced by media (not just in sports) and that case was blown way out of proportion in my opinion. Balotelli is way worse than Suarez in my book as he was creating scandals week in week out.

My question was based on if he could stay away from biting and racist comments. Other than that, I agree with everything you've said in the second paragraph.

He has been living and playing football in Europe for 7 years, saying that "Negrito is not even a racist word." may be true but he has been in europe long enough to know that it is seen as racist here. You are making excuses for him and i wonder why.

Mate, Negrito is NOT a racist word everywhere in Europe. It's like saying "mate" to a dark person. Negro means dark, Negrito is an affectionate way of saying the same.

How can you defend Suarez by saying the media has blown it out of proportion, then claim Balotelli is worse? If anything it's the other way around. Most of Balotelli's antics happen off the pitch and away from television cameras and we only know about them because it's been reported later by the media. Suarez is a cheating scumbag on the pitch on a frequent basis.

No, just someone who believes in integrity on the field in the spirit of the game.
He's perfect where he is. Scum in a scum team

Yeah, our players are a definition of integrity on a football pitch, Bale and Defoe in particular.

How can you defend Suarez by saying the media has blown it out of proportion, then claim Balotelli is worse? If anything it's the other way around. Most of Balotelli antics happen off the pitch and away from television cameras and we only know about them because it's been reported later by the media. Suarez is a cheating scumbag on the pitch on a frequent basis.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that, the OP is beginning to sound like one of the defending the indefensible scousers. :-k

How can you defend Suarez by saying the media has blown it out of proportion, then claim Balotelli is worse? If anything it's the other way around. Most of Balotelli's antics happen off the pitch and away from television cameras and we only know about them because it's been reported later by the media. Suarez is a cheating scumbag on the pitch on a frequent basis.

I'm not saying his actions on the pitch are right, but he is not a racist.

Since we are going by media then Balotelli is worse. Are you saying that Balotelli is not a scumbag on regular basis on the pitch ? He should have been sent of at least 5 more times last season, including the head stamp on Parker and a potential leg breaker on an Arsenal player.

But Suarez is a diver, has committed racist actions, bitten two footballers... Do we need for him to rape someone on the pitch before we go "Actually, no, that's too much."?

I'm starting to believe that you could a WUM?

You said that you believe in the integrity on the pitch. We, like all other teams, have players in our team that dive (cheat) on regular basis. Sadly it's part of the modern game.

No, I think his reputation has been tarnished and he has too much baggage.

Taking into account the past few seasons and assuming that he is going to receive more than a 3 match ban for the biting incident, how much of a season dies he miss through suspension. One season is bad luck, but every season, perhaps he might have been hard done by but he has put himself in this position.

Winning is important but how you win is more important.

Mate, Negrito is NOT a racist word everywhere in Europe. It's like saying "mate" to a dark person. Negro means dark, Negrito is an affectionate way of saying the same.

Like Darkie?

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Got a question for you all, you have to pick one.

1. Louis Suarez playing for Spurs and everything that goes along with it.

2. Be bought out by another billionaire, and buying your way to success.

Which ?

Back