• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Watched it again. I concede he was unlucky but he should not have had to be there as were he a defender with a brain, he’d have seen 10 seconds earlier that Pukki was open and Toby caught out. He actually hesitates to cover (does he think he can play an offside for a second?)...sorry, woeful defending on his part without the OG IMO.
You are being harsh on him.

Bad luck for sure. What annoyed me more is that he gets so much protection from others defensively because of his alleged attacking quality. Needing a goal yesterday his actual attacking output just wasn't up to scratch. Too often that's the case.

I will give him credit for his work rate and effort playing twice in quick succession.

Bad luck for sure. What annoyed me more is that he gets so much protection from others defensively because of his alleged attacking quality. Needing a goal yesterday his actual attacking output just wasn't up to scratch. Too often that's the case.

I will give him credit for his work rate and effort playing twice in quick succession.

He's just wildly inconsistent.

One cross will be an absolute peach, off of either foot, while being tightly marked and having glided past a defender.

The next will be over hit so bad its a throw for the opposition, probably from a better and less pressured position.

I think the same goes for his defending. Capable of high quality, and calamity.

And, ultimately, thats his downfall. You just never know what you will get from him - and the fear of an almighty mistake is always there...

One cross will be an absolute peach, off of either foot, while being tightly marked and having glided past a defender.

The next will be over hit so bad its a throw for the opposition, probably from a better and less pressured position.

And, ultimately, thats his downfall. You just never know what you will get from him - and the fear of an almighty mistake is always there...
It is very, very rare indeed for a player to put in excellent crosses every time. David Beckham had a ridiculously high percentage but there weren't too many with those sorts of numbers.

I thought that overall Aurier had a decent game at the weekend. I think because of some of his displays early in his time at Spurs he gets criticised more than other players. On a minutes per fcuk-up basis Foyth is WAY out in front of Aurier in the most mistake prone Spurs player stakes and yet for some strange reason Foyth seems to get a lot more love than Aurier does. I made sure I paid particular attention to Max Aarons for Norwich at the weekend, a player that I have been a big advocate of us signing for a couple of years now. On reflection though I thought that Aurier looked the better player at the weekend.

Pretty sure the point was clearly not that I expect excellent crosses every time, rather the absolute disparity between the quality of his crosses - there is no consistency at all.

Exactly this. And the fear with a player that is capable of such inconsistency is that the bad stuff is more likely to come out in a big game and when the pressure is on. And that's played out. He was at fault against Chelsea (twice for their first goal) and against Man U for their second goal. He's just not reliable enough and as long as he plays, he will make big mistakes.

It is very, very rare indeed for a player to put in excellent crosses every time. David Beckham had a ridiculously high percentage but there weren't too many with those sorts of numbers.

I thought that overall Aurier had a decent game at the weekend. I think because of some of his displays early in his time at Spurs he gets criticised more than other players. On a minutes per fcuk-up basis Foyth is WAY out in front of Aurier in the most mistake prone Spurs player stakes and yet for some strange reason Foyth seems to get a lot more love than Aurier does. I made sure I paid particular attention to Max Aarons for Norwich at the weekend, a player that I have been a big advocate of us signing for a couple of years now. On reflection though I thought that Aurier looked the better player at the weekend.

I’d have Aarons all day. Coachable, fast and talented. I didn’t see a whole lot come down his side that he didn’t deal with. As for Serge, frankly I am not sure what position he plays anymore. It appears to be wherever his brain takes him in the general area of the right hand side of the pitch. Christ I hope we replace him quickly.

Incredibly, Aurier was named in the FIFA best XI African players.

Incredible.

Unbelievable.

NOW is the time to sell this guy, while his stock is so high.

Sell him today, SELL HIM PLEASE!
Ha! KWP now off to Palace, Sissoko out for eons, Foyth too error prone, we just play with no RB, right? :eek: :D

Back