• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

He's like a player from 90s or early 2000s Spurs that's turned up to play in a Poch team on a few hours notice.

He would have been a cult hero back in the day like Atouba but he is a liability in this team.

He has the Atoubas about him except I'd say Timothee was better?!?!?!!

Before the usual suspects, who have never played the game at a decent level, crush Serge with their usual bollox, consider the REAL situation.

He’s young.
He’s in a new country.
He’s in a new league.
He didn’t have a pre-season.

He’s not very good at football.

He did make one good last ditch tackle. Apart from that it was beyond horrible. At the very least spend some time with him on the training ground to teach him to take throw ins. It's a fairly basic skill as a full back.

He looked absolutely baffled as to why the foul throws were given... Surely he'll be given the chance to see what he needs to do differently.

Trippier remains the best choice for me. Not giving up on Aurier, but he needs to improve quickly now or next season to stay in contention. The range of of poor involvements is a worry, if it was one or two things it could be focused on with training, but you can't with on everything at the same time.

I'm struggling to understand what is going on here tbh. Not only has he been poor but he seems to be getting worse and isn't doing the basics right. That is what worries me at the moment.

As I keep saying, pre season with Poch, more acclimatisation time etc etc but he does not look good at all at the moment.

The foul throws are genuinely inexcusable.

Have to say it was baffling that he was chosen ahead of Trippier if only because the latter is currently in much better form, has been less of a risk at the back and knows how to put a tasty cross into the box - which is what we needed most against a team keeping 11 players behind the ball.

It's not as though we expected to have to deal with a tricky winger like Zaha or anything, just poor old Townsend!

Trippier will play against Juventus and played in our last game, so it's only natural Aurier played today. Trippier will play against Rochdale and Aurier against Huddersfield.

He looked absolutely baffled as to why the foul throws were given... Surely he'll be given the chance to see what he needs to do differently.

Trippier remains the best choice for me. Not giving up on Aurier, but he needs to improve quickly now or next season to stay in contention. The range of of poor involvements is a worry, if it was one or two things it could be focused on with training, but you can't with on everything at the same time.

I’m not overly sold on Trippier as being our starting RB going forward but have to say I agree he should be starting ahead of Aurier right now. I’ve pretty much totally written Aurier off for this season after his recent performances.

It’s rare to see a throw taken correctly let alone a player being pulled up for it

IIRC they had one go against them too

Players don’t seem to understand basic roles that aren’t enforced

Need to see how he does next season once Poch has had the chance to work with him more. Its easy to forget that we signed him on 31st August. Granted, any senior player (or any youth player) should be able to take a throw in but need to give Poch a pre-season with him and then judge him next season. Even though I don't think Trippier is good enough, it might be best for Aurier long-term if he's taken out of the firing line a bit and Trippier is first choice for the big games for the rest of the season and Aurier plays v Rochdale (and then the QF etc)

I've still not seen any searing pace from him, before he signed people said he was almost as fast as Walker with the crossing of Trippier. Hopefully this players come out one day.

I didn't see anything wrong with the first throw in, lino only gave it because he fudged up by getting the throw in wrong.

23vxeus.jpg

I’m not overly sold on Trippier as being our starting RB going forward but have to say I agree he should be starting ahead of Aurier right now. I’ve pretty much totally written Aurier off for this season after his recent performances.
I'm not entirely convinced by Trippier either. He's a bit slow and struggles at times against quick wingers and when there is quick combination play going on around him. He has, however, put in good performances in big games recently.

Right back is the position where we are the weakest, in my opinion. We should look for someone better to bring in this summer. I'm not convinced Aurier will improve. He has some very basic flaws in his game.

Back