• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Rubbish. He is perfectly suited to that role, and if a manager wants to use that role he will use Parker.

I ve seen all Parker's game last season,and I think he is a fantastic player as long as he sticks to the defensive side of the game.But if there is only 1 spot left for either Sandro or Parker,I can see most managers picking Sandro.

I know what he is. Can you explain at all why people outside the UK dont rate Parker (including most foreign managers) wouldnt rate him though?

So far as I can see he was a vital cog in the most entertaining team last season. Perhaps only English people can appreciate his role, cosnidering it was graft and sweat instead of Cruyff turns and insane dribbling?

I know what he is. Can you explain at all why people outside the UK dont rate Parker (including most foreign managers) wouldnt rate him though?

So far as I can see he was a vital cog in the most entertaining team last season. Perhaps only English people can appreciate his role, cosnidering it was graft and sweat instead of Cruyff turns and insane dribbling?

Are you asking me? I never claimed any of the above

Yes, and I know you didnt. It just seemed such an "out there" statement I wondered if someone else could explain it!

Everyone outside of Britain doesnt rate him - incredible...

Not everyone,but the people who dont watch him week in-week out.Even most of the people in Britain think that he is too hyped up by the media.

All the technical attributes of him are fairly average,but he still gets picked in the PFA team's of the year.People have raised their expectations of the DM's,they want someone who is comfortable on the ball,players like Alonso,Khedira,Carrick,Busquets and similar players

Nothing to do with "racism" or manager favoritism,its just that people outside the UK dont rate Parker and that includes most foreign managers.

Seperate to this conversation, but I do think we're very close to a situation where we have very few English players. I don't believe Lennon, Defoe, Hudd, Dawson or Parker are AVB style players at all and can see them all being moved on pretty quickly. That pretty much leaves Walker flying the English flag for Spurs!

Thing with Sandro is, he doesn't look that quick but he makes up ground very quickly, he's like a machine when cutting across grass!! Box to box midfielders don't neccesarily have to score a lot of goals. Alex Song, Michael Essien, Schweinsteiger or Toure don't all score alot of goals.

I don't care what anybody says (that includes that **** Frimpong), Song ain't a defensive midfielder. He plays too high up the pitch to be a DM. Plus he's extremely reckless.

Seperate to this conversation, but I do think we're very close to a situation where we have very few English players. I don't believe Lennon, Defoe, Hudd, Dawson or Parker are AVB style players at all and can see them all being moved on pretty quickly. That pretty much leaves Walker flying the English flag for Spurs!

I would hope that one of the lessons that everyone is hoping that he learnt from his time at Chelsea is not to try to change too much to quickly. All of the players you mention should have a role to play at Spurs next season.

I'm glad TMK put me on ignore, now I can laugh at him being hopelessly wrong yet again without an arduous debate to follow. Other than thinking Sandro's a snail, I like how he says Sandro could learn from Parker to play the ball quicker and play the way you face, that's funny considering Parker does that annoying spin routine a few times every game, by the time he's decided which way he wants to face, the opposition are back in their position and the move has broken down.

Think many of our current english/british players still have a role to play for next season, under I assume AVB.
Walker definitely, Huddlestone if fit, Naughton as squad player, Lennon should be good under AVB though might be more rotated and benched, Livermore to keep his current status as squad player.
I wouldn't want us to look to sign more senior english footballers though, as there are hardly anyone decent available.
English players I'd prefer to come out of our own academy - can see Caulker, Smith, Carroll, Pritchard all having a future with us and coming through.
Maybe even some surprises from those most have given up on.

Think many of our current english/british players still have a role to play for next season, under I assume AVB.
Walker definitely, Huddlestone if fit, Naughton as squad player, Lennon should be good under AVB though might be more rotated and benched, Livermore to keep his current status as squad player.
I wouldn't want us to look to sign more senior english footballers though, as there are hardly anyone decent available.
English players I'd prefer to come out of our own academy - can see Caulker, Smith, Carroll, Pritchard all having a future with us and coming through.
Maybe even some surprises from those most have given up on.

If last season is anything to go by, and from what other self proclaimed AVB experts on here have said, AVB loves a fast high tempo team. Bye bye Dawson, Parker and Tommy for a start! He also likes inside forwards, so bye bye Lennon (and I think people better brace themselves for either Bale on the right inside forward position or being demoted to left back) and as Defoe can't play the inside role or is strong enough to play as a lone forward? I'd say bye bye Jermain too.

Back