• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Yep. Especially if we go foreign. They will rate Sandro far higher. Brazilian, young, fit, aggressive, mobile. Parker was gutted Harry left for a reason. Not that I don't rate Scott.

I like Parker, think he's a proper heart on your sleeve man but he has his limits. Sandro is a better footballer and thats what we should be going for and most likely what our new manager will want, footballers. Vertonghen is a step in the right direction in that case too.

I like Parker, think he's a proper heart on your sleeve man but he has his limits. Sandro is a better footballer and thats what we should be going for and most likely what our new manager will want, footballers. Vertonghen is a step in the right direction in that case too.

That's where I disagree. Sandro's use of the ball is very limited IMO (move it too slow and is often a bit too ambitious) although there is every chance he may have learned from Parker to play it simple, play it fast, play it often and most of all for a limited ball playing DM play the way you're facing!

Defensively Sandro is potentially immense. His tackling is just incredible, and he is also good in the air.

That's where I disagree. Sandro's use of the ball is very limited IMO (move it too slow and is often a bit too ambitious) although there is every chance he may have learned from Parker to play it simple, play it fast, play it often and most of all for a limited ball playing DM play the way you're facing!

Defensively Sandro is potentially immense. His tackling is just incredible, and he is also good in the air.

I think his passing is actually underrated. I think he disposes of the ball very well. Seeing him with Brazil the past month or so in the friendlies played i was very impressed with his ball work. Seems he is more ambitious with the national side, maybe Redknapp limited him?

He's also strong as an ox and a very good dribbler. And better at shooting than Parker.

I think his passing is actually underrated. I think he disposes of the ball very well. Seeing him with Brazil the past month or so in the friendlies played i was very impressed with his ball work. Seems he is more ambitious with the national side, maybe Redknapp limited him?

Possibly. Let's hope so eh? He is so hyped up by our fans and our players rarely live up to it. I'd love for him to be an exception to the rule because it's critical to have a good defensive midfielder who is also very good at supporting his team mates in possession (Freund and Parker are the best I've seen in a Spurs shirt doing this, although Carrick for me was the best DM I've seen in our colours).

Of course but it's a nice little bonus if he can do what he did at Stamford Bridge every now and then. Parker is never a danger to score.

Catch 22 though isn't it? A DM that often gets into a position to score isn't doing his job very well :lol: Maybe that's why I value Parker more now than from the past. His league goal scoring ratio is 14:1 (Sandro's is 22:1) and I was actually shocked (and very happy!) to see how disciplined he was with us.

Sandro's definitely got the nod next year. I find it amusing how a few fans on here insinuate (in the case of one fan blatantly just state) that Redknapp froze Sandro out to get his mate Parker in. Parker played 29 Prem games last year. Sandro played 23. I think it's pretty clear that Parker was just a stop gap whilst Sandro was injured and coming back to form (and also a presence of leadership that we sorely lacked).

Alas he will probably be in the Olympic team along with Brazil, lets hope he does not get injured and he does not need a break. The Olympics ends on 12 August and the season starts on 18 August. It could be tight if Bale and or Sandro are playing in the final

Back