• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Munn

I've not seen enough of him to think he could be a regular for us. Apart from Devine we don't have that type of player, I wouldn't be surprised to see Donley fitting that role at some time.
I think we need to double our chances and sign two ACMs. Esp as we've cleared out all our passing players in the last few years - eriksen, alli, lamela, winks, lo celso and ndombele.

I like kudus as ajax, as well as scott

I think we need to double our chances and sign two ACMs. Esp as we've cleared out all our passing players in the last few years - eriksen, alli, lamela, winks, lo celso and ndombele.

Goalkeeper and CBs are the priority, we're not going to get 2 ACMs, we'll be doing well to get one unless we clear a lot of the deadwood.

I think Kudus will be very expensive to get from Ajax. Carlos Alcaraz showed some really good moments for Southampton this season and would be a good, likely lowish cost, option.

I think if we got Raya, cancelo, maddison, Barnes, laporte, Poch, Gnoto it would be a good window.

Get rid of dier, Sessegnon, perisic and maybe PEH.

Will still need another CB or two.

I think if we got Raya, cancelo, maddison, Barnes, laporte, Poch, Gnoto it would be a good window.

Lol.... You realise we've already got £80m to find for Porro and Kulusevski and that probably commits 70% to 80% of our transfer budget?

That would be a miracle window. Not happening.

Maddison and a CB would be an ok window.

Goalkeeper and CBs are the priority, we're not going to get 2 ACMs, we'll be doing well to get one unless we clear a lot of the deadwood.
4 signings though, and thats it. Didnt we make 6 last summer, and we didnt have any sales then to fund it

4 signings though, and thats it. Didnt we make 6 last summer, and we didnt have any sales then to fund it
No, Porro and Kulu are only being signed now. The only way we get more than 4 is either getting rid of a lot of deadwood at decent prices or we get them on a season's loan first.

GK, CB and creative player is an OK window

All 3 positions are so lacking in our squad that any window without those is poor IMO

Any better than those 3 is a good window mind you
That would be BIG progress
And with a 45 games season that could be enough if they are good enough

I

Think a lot of fans feel a conection to homegrown players, but equally want an instant result. Walker-Peters was a classic case shifted out to be replaced by "experienced" signings who proved no better.
I'd like to see overseas players barred from playing in non Pl clubs this might open spaces for homegrown and loan players to get the experience they dont get playing in age level football.
But did the fan base as a whole want him shifted out? I don't really think that was the case. The general feeling as I recall it was there a hope he would get more games the season Poch for sacked. Then Mourinho came in and it was basically over for him at that point.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We are not spending that in a lump sum as you well know.
And neither were we for all the previous signings that we still have significant commitments for. Next season we have no Europe at all which will put a significant dent in our income. There is absolutely no way we can sign any more than 2 of the players mentioned unless we:

a) Make some significant sales (Kane?)
b) The owners make another injection of money
c) We don’t take up our option on Kulusevski

Does not fit an agenda though.
It’s nothing about ‘agenda’…. It is about where the money is supposed to be coming from…. you think we’re going to get anywhere near signing that bunch of players?…. That would be about £250m of transfer fees on top of the £80m for Porro and Kulusevski.

If we can afford 2 of that list then I’d be surprised. I think we’ll need to be clever with signings this summer - Ndicka on a free for example (though no Europe might’ve put paid to that).

That’s also why it is poor for us not to have a DoF yet, Brentford have just signed a keeper who would be immediate first choice here for a mere £11m. Why can’t we secure a DoF?

Last edited:
Kulu was something like £4m a year for 5 years or something ridiculous like that
Yes we’ll account his fee at transfer cost divided by number of years on the contract he signs but we’re also doing the same for the signings made for the last 3 to 5 years. We don’t just start at zero each season.

How much net spend on top of Kulu and Porro do you expect us to have this summer with no Europe? I suspect we’ll have another £20m to £50m.

Back