• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Munn

Yes we’ll account his fee at transfer cost divided by number of years on the contract he signs but we’re also doing the same for the signings made for the last 3 to 5 years. We don’t just start at zero each season.

How much net spend on top of Kulu and Porro do you expect us to have this summer with no Europe? I suspect we’ll have another £20m to £50m.
Now your playing the game ;)

How we account for them is proportionate to the contact length

what we pay, and when is due to what we agree

kulu is £5m a year for 5 years (possibly euros)

That means we have to find £5m this summer. That’s it

but there is legacy debt too and the other commitments. I think our debt run rate on transfers was the third highest behind united and arsenal. But I believe Liverpool, and Chelsea will have jumped above us now too

It still has to be paid though

But did the fan base as a whole want him shifted out? I don't really think that was the case. The general feeling as I recall it was there a hope he would get more games the season Poch for sacked. Then Mourinho came in and it was basically over for him at that point.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I didn't see a lot of support once a shiny new face was bought in, lots like the idea but not so prepared for youngsters to get time to get up to speed, to my view it's as much of a gamble playing a kid as bringing in a non world class player from an other league.

I didn't see a lot of support once a shiny new face was bought in, lots like the idea but not so prepared for youngsters to get time to get up to speed, to my view it's as much of a gamble playing a kid as bringing in a non world class player from an other league.
Hmm I'm not sure. I recall the reaction his breakout game against Bournemouth where he got MOTM, there seemed to be quite a lot of interest in him and an expectation he would carry it forward.

Regarding the new face that would have been Doherty iirc and he was seen as pretty dreadful quite early on. Maybe we were just resigned to the knowledge that Mourinho just doesn't play youth products. I also do think on a side note a lot were willing to accept whatever Mourinho was doing because of his perceived "winning" strategy.

I don't think the landscape is as bad as being made out to some extent. There are alot of players to shift which will free up space and cash and the basis of what's left still has alot of talent left in it.

Romero
Royal
Destiny
Sess
Porro
Benta
Skipp
Sarr
Bissouma
PEH
Son
Kane
Kulu
Richy

I don't think that's a bad starting place for any manager to come into, you could even have the flexibility of flogging a CM along with Dier, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sanchez etc to free up additional funds. There is certainly alot of work to be done but it's nowhere near as bad as the noise

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Now your playing the game ;)

How we account for them is proportionate to the contact length

what we pay, and when is due to what we agree

kulu is £5m a year for 5 years (possibly euros)

That means we have to find £5m this summer. That’s it

but there is legacy debt too and the other commitments. I think our debt run rate on transfers was the third highest behind united and arsenal. But I believe Liverpool, and Chelsea will have jumped above us now too

It still has to be paid though
Our player amortisation numbers are already high…. We’re unlikely to load that number up by a large amount, especially with no income from european football of any kind this coming season. I think those expecting otherwise aren’t basing that on anything realistic and are likely to be very disappointed. We either need sales, a cash injection or loan to buys (that just kicks the ‘no money for signings’ can down the road.

Our player amortisation numbers are already high…. We’re unlikely to load that number up by a large amount, especially with no income from european football of any kind this coming season. I think those expecting otherwise aren’t basing that on anything realistic and are likely to be very disappointed. We either need sales, a cash injection or loan to buys (that just kicks the ‘no money for signings’ can down the road.
Amortisation is different to debt though
But our player debt position is high. Was third highest as I say but now I think it will be 5th or 7th

Make your mind up. It wasn't long ago you were complaining that our wages and amortisation were too far under the 70% limit. Now you're complaining it's too high?
I can’t do anything about our owners who choose to run the club well under the FFP line.

I’ve put my number out there…. £30m to £50m net on top of Kulu and Porro. If people think I am way out (as seems to be the case from some of the replies and reactions) then let’s hear what sort of additional net spend those people us to operate this summer…. Maybe I’ll set up a poll and we can refer back to it when the window ends using numbers taken from transfermarkt

Last edited:
Hmm I'm not sure. I recall the reaction his breakout game against Bournemouth where he got MOTM, there seemed to be quite a lot of interest in him and an expectation he would carry it forward.

Regarding the new face that would have been Doherty iirc and he was seen as pretty dreadful quite early on. Maybe we were just resigned to the knowledge that Mourinho just doesn't play youth products. I also do think on a side note a lot were willing to accept whatever Mourinho was doing because of his perceived "winning" strategy.

He had Aurier and Doherty in front of him and fan were far more pleased when we signed them, fans all bang on about giving the kids a chance but expect them to perform at consistent high levels and lose enthusiasm once result dip. It's a policy which take courage and patience and few managers have the job security to accept that challenge.

I can’t do anything about our owners who choose to run the club well under the FFP line.

I’ve put my number out there…. £30m to £50m net on top of Kulu and Porro. If people think I am way out (as seems to be the case from some of the replies and reactions) then let’s hear what sort of additional net spend those people us to operate this summer…. Maybe I’ll set up a poll and we can refer back to it when the window ends using numbers taken from transfermarkt

Your figures are far more realistic than gazzas. Just your arguments of why, were weak and in part hypocritical of your previous arguments.

Tbh if kane stays 2 or 3 players on top of kulu and porro would do me. With a few sales.

Gk, cb and an am.

Already hopeful we agreed a free transfer or 2 in jan.

The bit about Paratici at the end of that article was interesting.

"football.london revealed last month that Spurs' former managing director of football Fabio Paratici was still involved with the club on a consultancy basis following his resignation following a 30-month ban from the Italian football federation. While FIFA extended the ban worldwide, it was slightly reduced allowing the Italian to act for clubs on a consultancy basis."

Never remember reading that previously

The bit about Paratici at the end of that article was interesting.

"football.london revealed last month that Spurs' former managing director of football Fabio Paratici was still involved with the club on a consultancy basis following his resignation following a 30-month ban from the Italian football federation. While FIFA extended the ban worldwide, it was slightly reduced allowing the Italian to act for clubs on a consultancy basis."

Never remember reading that previously

Yeah we talked about it on here. Probably in the paratici thread.

Back